Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

I think it's a shame Sin Cara (Mistico) didn't work out. He was obviously an incredibly talented guy, just didn't click for whatever reason. How different are the rings he was used to in Mexico to those in WWE?

I'm mostly aggrieved about it because since the Sin Cara character was pretty popular with kids, we're now stuck with the pretty fucking horrible Hunico under the hood, for the time being at least. Hopefully they will can him once Kalisto is ready to come in.

I think it's a shame Sin Cara (Mistico) didn't work out. He was obviously an incredibly talented guy, just didn't click for whatever reason. How different are the rings he was used to in Mexico to those in WWE?

I'm mostly aggrieved about it because since the Sin Cara character was pretty popular with kids, we're now stuck with the pretty fucking horrible Hunico under the hood, for the time being at least. Hopefully they will can him once Kalisto is ready to come in.

I've always been under the impression that Mexican rings were rock hard hence one of the reasons why luchadores tend to take rolling bumps more and seem to quite often be in better ring condition in later years. Hence why Negro Casas is in such fantastic condition at 54. I'm not sure if CMLL rings are that bad now days though. I've no idea about size differences. Reznor might know better. I don't really notice much about rings other than the colour and whether they have a cool sponsor logo or not.

• Paid Members
top.jpg

You literally wouldn't pick him out of a crowd.

What's worse is I think that's Colt Cabana next to him but have no idea because it could be anyone with that hair wearing clothes from Primark. I didn't even realise it was/might be him until someone else mentioned it on another forum.

top.jpg

What's worse is I think that's Colt Cabana next to him but have no idea because it could be anyone with that hair wearing clothes from Primark. I didn't even realise it was/might be him until someone else mentioned it on another forum.

Plus Mr Belding

Before I realised it was Colt Cabana, I thought it was Walt Flanagan, Kevin Smith's mate from the programme about comics that comes on after Talking Dead.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Moderators

As regards Scott Steiner, that was HHH at his "it's 2003, I'm Harley race" worst. If they held if until WM 19 and Scott ran through Orton at the Rumble and Batista at No Way Out and was working house shows he'd have been fine, but Trips was a dick with big poppa. Must have been a roids comparison thing.

Before I realised it was Colt Cabana, I thought it was Walt Flanagan, Kevin Smith's mate from the programme about comics that comes on after Talking Dead.

Thatd be Comic Book Men. TBH I thought that too.

top.jpg

That's just a really stupid thing to say. He is wearing a baggy top exactly the same as most the other people in the picture. If you put most the roster in that position the only people who would stand out are guys like Khali and Ryback. Some of the things that set Punk apart from the roster are the way he dresses, his tattoos and they he talks. So yes if you strip away all those things he won't stand out.

• Paid Members

Sin Cara failed when the WWE didn't stick him in straight away with Rey Misterio (as rumoured) and did that record for the fans wearing the most masks carry on. After that, they didn't have a clue what to do with him.

I'm quite surprised they let him go if he's still shifting merchindise (can't spell that word. Sorry) though. Maybe a backstage incident?

Sin Cara failed when the WWE didn't stick him in straight away with Rey Misterio (as rumoured) and did that record for the fans wearing the most masks carry on.

In their defence, they were both constantly injured. On or both were always injured on th e run up to a Mania. That match was never going to happen!