Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

It's a lot better than it looks. The GIF i found is from an awkward angle and is slightly choppy. It usually comes across as pretty devasting, especially when done to lighter guys. The over-the-top japenese commentary adds to the impact as well.

Edited by Accident Prone

It's a lot better than it looks. The GIF i found is from an awkward angle and is slightly choppy. It usually comes across as pretty devasting, especially when done to lighter guys. The over-the-top japenese commentary adds to the impact as well.

The one he hits on Tyson Kidd on this weeks NXT looked much better. Is that Lance Hoyt he's hitting it on in the gif?

- The Commercial Appeal of Memphis spoke with WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler at the annual Memphis Comic and Fantasy Convention last weekend.

Lawler confirmed that WWE is working on a DVD project for him. He said:

"They’ve just finished interviewing Lance Russell, Bill Dundee and Jerry Jarrett, so it’s not too far down the road. It’ll be big matches, a retrospective of my entire career. It’ll go all the way (from) the Memphis days up to the WWE days."

Interesting to see what Memphis matches they manage to get hold of, seen as no-one seems to be sure who owns what from the library

• Paid Members

The one he hits on Tyson Kidd on this weeks NXT looked much better. Is that Lance Hoyt he's hitting it on in the gif?

I believe so. I've seen Ibushi and Okada take terrific bumps from it. AJ should go with the Pele' kick being his finisher. It has that 'classic' finisher feel as you can hit it out of any position on virtually anybody. Maybe bust out the Spyral Tap for his big finishes.

• Paid Members

Up until now, Styles has stuck to his "these guys didn't know how to work, tucking their head on a face bump? It's their job not to almost die, not my job to not almost kill them" defence.

Hard to see how he can argue that this time. He was holding a guy upside down & fell over, dropping him right on his head. Interesting to see what excuse he comes up with.

- The Commercial Appeal of Memphis spoke with WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler at the annual Memphis Comic and Fantasy Convention last weekend.

Lawler confirmed that WWE is working on a DVD project for him. He said:

"They’ve just finished interviewing Lance Russell, Bill Dundee and Jerry Jarrett, so it’s not too far down the road. It’ll be big matches, a retrospective of my entire career. It’ll go all the way (from) the Memphis days up to the WWE days."

Interesting to see what Memphis matches they manage to get hold of, seen as no-one seems to be sure who owns what from the library

This is the best news I've read in ages concerning a WWE DVD, I've been wanting them to do a documentary/best of on Lawler for years now. He's done so much and has been around for decades so I imagine he's got loads of stories and insight on different things.

Courtesy of wrestlingobserver.com....

Edward Annis, 34, who wrestles as Teddy Hart, the son of Georgia Hart Annis, a daughter of Stu Hart, is wanted by police in Strathcona County (near Edmonton, Alberta) on multiple charges involving two women, including a sexual assault.

The Toronto Sun reported the charges involve two women, one 24, and the other 40.  There is one sexual assault count, one unlawful confinement count and three charges of assault.  

Strathcona County police said that Annis was believed to be in the U.S., but police expect to charge him when he returns to Alberta.  He curently lives in Edmonton where he runs a wrestling school.

His father told the son that the charges were groundless and that he's talking to a lawyer and will be back.

"Hell has no fury like a woman scorned," said his father, B.J. Annis, a former pro wrestler who is best known for running B.J.'s Gym in Calgary, a pro wrestler hangout for decades.