Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

On 16/01/2018 at 4:48 PM, Shy Dad said:

I was half hoping it wasn't true when I pointed out they may go Ziggler vs US Champ at mania to create the Shawn and Razor ladder match again. As it stands. That's looking more likely now. 

Surely not. Even with WrestleMania being about seven hours long, Roode and Ziggler don’t warrant fifteen minutes to themselves. They’re pre-show or multi-man fodder at best.

• Paid Members
On 16/01/2018 at 9:48 PM, Shy Dad said:

I was half hoping it wasn't true when I pointed out they may go Ziggler vs US Champ at mania to create the Shawn and Razor ladder match again. As it stands. That's looking more likely now. 

It's a shit way to try and force intrigue. In storyline at least Shawn had a case to argue in that he was, in his mind, wrongfully suspended, never lost the belt, had a claim upon return to still be rightful champion in his own mind, even if we the viewers disagreed. Ziggler marched off in a sulk. There's no perceived wrong doing for him to avenge, no right that can be justified to the title he literally walked away from. He's just a whiny little bitch.

Plus, the WMX match had the hook of "can Razor really call himself the champion if he hasn't beaten Shawn Michaels?" Whereas Roode HAS beaten Ziggler numerous times. Everybody has beaten everybody.

• Awards Moderator

Thanks for that @bigfoote! Triple H playing his part perfectly there, and New Day coming across really well too. (So are SmackDown guys going to be on Raw on Monday too?)

And if this leads to Fallon doing a Drew Carey at the Rumble...

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Given how BritWres has started off 2018 on a rather sour note, with certain revelations, it's truly heartwarming to see this. Good arrows, El Ligero.

EDIT, rather than DP:

From the man himself.

Edited by bigfoote

• Paid Members

Aye, that’s truly bloody awesome. He’s a lovely chap when I’ve bumped in to him at events around the country. Just think back to being that age, and a wrestler you’re in complete awe of pops around your house and gives you a figure. 

Much like with Grado and the fan interaction a few weeks ago, it’s great to see class acts like this reconfirming that not everyone in the industry is a piece of shit based on recent news.

looks like a canny custom hasbro that.

A quick report courtesy of wrestlingobserver.com.

Gotta love Alberto.

Alberto El Patron said that he has apologized to HHH for issues in the past claiming that it was his ex-girlfriend and their family who made him believe he was the cause of problems. Whatever. He said he's not looking at going back full-time but would like to do something special there and a farewell match before retiring, maybe in 2019.