Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

Impressive array of people who've had WWE tryouts in Manchester.

Including another few folks making links with WWE who were involved in the ITV thing, FWIW.

• Paid Members

Omari getting a tryout is mad at his age - he's hugely talented, but I still find him a little rough around the edges, so I can't see them picking him up, but him being on their radar is definitely a good thing.

Ridgeway is someone I wouldn't be surprised to see them go for - great talent, and good looking fella, so he's someone you'd gladly stick on TV.

Surprised to see only one Owens Twin on the list - they're both more than good enough to deserve a shot in their own right, but you'd think you'd want them as a package deal if you could get them!

Agree with @BomberPat Omari has WWE all over him and is a huge talent who I predict will win Fight Club Pro Infinity next month. I attend a lot of shows he is on but have not seen him use a microphone yet so I would like to see him get some exposure on that front and getting in the title picture at FCP may allow him to do that as it has Chris Brookes. 

Ridgeway is another great talent with a great look. He is exciting and I really like his style. I do wonder if the UK show is scrapped and does not go ahead, how many UK guys they will actually look to sign? From an American audience point of view they may want to group the UK guys as one unit opposed to lots of different UK guys with different gimmicks, I hope that is not the case as I would love to see a good few UK folk get chance to develop their own personality. As huge as UK wrestling is at the moment surely they will want to capitalize on it.

Primate is another who I think may fit the WWE mould so was not surprised to see him in the try outs. I have a lot of love for Eddie Dennis and he certainly fits the height and looks bill, I just hope if they did sign him, they don't go down a 'teacher' gimmick route.  

I get the feeling, with HHH appearing at ICW and the wealth of talent in the tryouts, if they aren't going ahead with a full blown separate show, perhaps an expanded faction. Something happens to Regal, he "makes a call" and have 4 or 5 brought in as his protection. Regal's promo skills would mask any weaknesses, and add a needed shot in the arm into what I think has become a plateau'ed tag division in NXT. 

I'm fully aware my vision, and what WWE would probably produce are two very different things. Just don't call them the British Invasion.

Polo Promotions could match up well with any tag team in NXT. Them attending in matching shirts to show they are a team is a touch I liked. Massive fans of Jackie and mark and both have the ability to go against the best. Them vs war machine is in icw YouTube page for anyone unfamiliar with them 

• Moderators
Just now, Snitsky's back acne said:

Cant see why Owens would be sent home too if that was the case.

It would be dumb as shit, but the wrestling business is dumb as shit. SI seems to be agreeing.

In a decision approved by Vince McMahon, both Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn were kicked off the remainder of WWE’s overseas tour and sent home after yesterday’s SmackDown in Manchester, England for conduct deemed detrimental to the WWE.

Multiple sources both internally and externally confirmed to Sports Illustrated that Owens and Zayn’s offense was “going into business for themselves” regarding their on-camera work during yesterday’s SmackDown.

Sports Illustrated has reached out to WWE for further comment.

"conduct deemed detrimental to the WWE" could be countered with literally a billion examples of dreadful things infinitely worse that have been said and done on or offscreen over the years. Chalk this up to Vince's senility if this is the case.

7 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Surprised to see only one Owens Twin on the list - they're both more than good enough to deserve a shot in their own right, but you'd think you'd want them as a package deal if you could get them!

Perhaps they both got a try out and WWE's trying to downplay the existence of a twin brother so that it surprises more people if/when they do an angle on TV.

If that was the case, would they not have edited that exchange between Sami & Shane? Not that I think it should be edited, but if it was that bad they could have not aired that part or got them to re-shoot it? Especially as Smackdown was taped.

Maybe its a big work and they will both be outsiders or join Raw next Sunday?