Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

The Judge Rinder thing is worth watching, if only to see the reaction of an intelligent man, with a background in law, react to his first exposure to the realities of the wrestling industry.

If a proper legal mind ever became arsed enough to look into the industry properly, the whole house of cards would plummet to earth.

• Paid Members

The Judge Rinder thing is worth watching, if only to see the reaction of an intelligent man, with a background in law, react to his first exposure to the realities of the wrestling industry.

If a proper legal mind ever became arsed enough to look into the industry properly, the whole house of cards would plummet to earth.

thats it. I have only worked for a couple of feds, but everything was done verbally not a contract in sight. I hope the bigger compnies like your Rev's and Progress do things more sensibly.

• Paid Members

Yes, if it's the same guy he has also wrestled as Blockbuster amongst other names. Tall wrestler that used to team with one half of the Henchmen (formerly Jekyll) back in their MPW days I believe. Assuming it's the same guy.

I'd like to sue him for being shit in more than one gimmick on many shows I attended in the mid 2000s.

WWE Superstars is apparently no more.

Its WWE's longest running show - must be nearly 30 years, if not more?

On and off wasnt it? It was just the "go to" name when a smaller 1 hour show was needed, if I recall correctly.

To be honest, glad its done. Nobody was airing it on TV anymore were they? Just need Main Event to sack off now, and we'll be set with 2 main shows on TV, and 1 or 2 (potentially more) network exclusives like NXT/205 live.

• Paid Members

The video is going to be online one of these days. I'm of the opinion if a video exists (which according to Kevin Kelly, it does), it'll eventually hit the internet.

What a tradegy, though. First time I've heard the crash of the mat before. Seriously, what was the point in having him up there? Such a pointless stunt for absolutely nothing.

The Lapsed Fan podcast on Over the Edge 1999 goes into Owen's fall in major detail. Its well worth a listen in a grim sort of way.

Edited by garynysmon

The video is going to be online one of these days. I'm of the opinion if a video exists (which according to Kevin Kelly, it does), it'll eventually hit the internet.

What a tradegy, though. First time I've heard the crash of the mat before. Seriously, what was the point in having him up there? Such a pointless stunt for absolutely nothing.

The Lapsed Fan podcast on Over the Edge 1999 goes into Owen's fall in major detail. Its well worth a listen in a grim sort of way.

Clocking in at over six hours I'd expect to learn what Owen had for breakfast that day, Jesus Christ.