Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Its the accent. He talks like a simple Geordie. He's not Jimmy Nail or Tim Healy, with all the expressions and mad dialog. He's like a youth player for the mags who cant compared his area. I dont see any base to make him more charismatic. Nice bloke, I'm sure. But in WWE, where you live and died by your promo, it doesn't look good for him. Stunned they never took Ricochet on. Far better looking, more impressive and he isn't a Geordie. Ticks all the boxes. What can you do with Neville, though? Justin Gabriel is a good looking lad who can do all sorts, and they see nothing in him because he's dull as dish water. I just see Vince having a conversation with him at TV and going "fuck this get him in that bunny suit".

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

Maybe he's just destined to forever be in NXT. I've had a conspiracy theory that maybe, more than just a way to get people on the main roster, WWE has NXT so they can also have the world's best "Indy" in their midst.

I see Neville as an NXT mainstay as no bad thing, really, if they're paying him a better wage than the standard developmental deal. I struggle to see him doing anything of note on the main roster as well, although WWE is probably less dependent on talking now than it ever has been. Ziggler's a terrible promo, Kofi was alright once and useless since, the Usos are awful (although Uso B is good on Total Divas), Cesaro's awful, and yet they all get on the telly often. But saying that, I think Neville offers less than Justin Gabriel and Evan Bourne as an overall package. On the main roster, I'd have to resort to "stick him under a mask" or doing something with facepaint or prosthetics.

I'd really like to see Justin Gabriel get a go with an update of The Model gimmick, but Tyler Breeze is doing that better than Gabriel ever would.

Foley had a back surgery late last week but referred to it as being the first of several 'minor' back surgeries. That's highly unusual and sounds like they're trying several (multi-level) minimally invasive clean ups of discs and/or removing bone to relive pressure. I'd be very concerned from what I know and have heard of that type of approach but I guess he's desperate to try something. I also remembered in his Countdown to Lockdown he mentioned he had 4 disc herniations and his foot went numb for a year when they gave him a epidural/steroid injection into his spine - that again is a really bad reaction and you've got to feel for the guy.

Edited by twelve_grand

• Paid Members

He's absolutely fucked. You can sort of understand why he's so miserable these days, and his Good Guy Foley act is all but gone. He was forgetting what number his house was back in 1999, so God knows what state that brain of his is in as well. The decline of his health seems to have well and truly set in in recent years.

That TNA run cannot have helped at all.  That's when I first noticed that he wasn't the same old Foley, and yet he was still bumping and taking headshots.

• Paid Members

Somebody complained to OFCOM about a TNA Impact show that was shown on the 10th August 2014 on Challenge TV, frothing at the mouth about "Gender Discrimination". Just one line of text in the latest Broadcast Bulletin.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/enforcement/broadcast-bulletins/obb2601/obb261.pdf

Edited by bAzTNM#1