Wrestling dreams and nightmares.

Max Power

• Paid Members

Recently dreamt I was watching an amazing mixed tag match including Dave Mastiff throwing Mark Andrews so high he got stuck in the ceiling. The best bit though was an unintentional spot where Alpha Female got thrown to the flow and landed with her head in a kid's goldfish bowl. It somehow wound up in a perfect seal so she was on the verge of drowning but managed to stand up, take a run and headbutt the ring post, sending glass and water flying everywhere. Not sure what happened to the goldfish.

• 7 months later...

Just bumped this thread because I had a wrestling related dream last night and didn't want to forget it. I was watching the Kentucky Derby on TV and they were interviewing people around the course, Ric Flair, Bret Hart and Steve Austin and someone else I forget were there together, and I remember thinking it strange that Bret and Flair were hanging out. I also remember seeing Jim Cornette with Tennis racket (makes sense in Louisville) and for some reason, Bruce Mitchell, who in my dream was really tall, I don't know if he is in real life. I even remember going on Twitter to tell Bruce he'd been on TV here and someone else had already done it and posted a video of it, and Bruce tweeted that the BBC owed him so many thousand dollars for his 3 second appearance.

• 7 months later...
  • Paid Members

Just found an old one from the LiveJournal days:

Like so many of my dreams these days, it involves me having to go into a leson during my A levels and explain why I've missed so many so far. Normally this involves me having somehow skived off for nearly two years and then panicking just before the exams. In this case, I'd only missed the first English lesson of the day and now needed to explain myself at the second one. I can only assume this recurring theme is some sort of metaphor for wasted opportunities in life and irreversible ageing :angry:

Anyway, it puts me neatly in location to go into our school hall afterwards, where WWE is holding a show. And it's not sold out. I count slightly under 300, though the seating is so haphazard it's hard to tell; Amancalledmikey is arguing with Eric Bischoff about his seat not matching the original floor plan, but eventually several Real in Memphis posters just sit together.

The show is starting very late. I pass the time by explaining that I'm pretty worked up because I've only just found out my mum has been keeping it secret that my granddad recently got remarried and isn't speaking to her. Somebody jokes that he might have a young money-grabbing bride, but I point out that we all got something in his will, so she's welcome to anything he's acquired since then.

While we discuss the poor turnout and the unglamorous location, the entire WWE roster starts milling about ringside, clearly bored. I shout out "Everyone says they want to be in the business. This, right here, is the business. It's gay."

Bischoff comes back and says that only people truly comfortable with their sexuality can avoid making such insults and be able to acknowledge and live with the homoerotic undertones of pro wrestling. I point out that we started the RIMmer phrase before anyone else and that it's tongue in cheek. Everyone says "uggggh", then I realise what I said and explain I mean it figuratively.

A girl I went to university with shouts "Rimming. Eww, that's gross." Her friend, who also went there, says she does rimming, but she makes a big point about not liking it and only doing it to keep her partner happy. We males all complain that that is really off behaviour, and we're well aware women do that to try to put us into guilt trips when they don't really want to do something sexually. But it doesn't work. Bwahaha.

Then I notice Hugh Grant at ringside, wearing the same outfit as Kerwin White. I go mad. Proper screaming raging red-faced blustering mad. I keep shouting that Hugh Grant *is* middle-class and white, so the joke doesn't work in this case. "CONTRAST!" I scream. "The whole joke is meant to be about CONTRAST."

Bischoff comes back. He's just as angry, and explains that, although I've not seen it on TV yet, the idea is that bumbling Grant is so nice-but-dim that he doesn't realise Kerwin is hispanic. It's a comedy pairing. "BUT YOU DON'T CARE. YOU JUST JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS BECAUSE YOU FUCKING SMARKS WANT TO KILL THE BUSINESS."

I then point out that the smarks are the only ones left because they drove everyone else away, and that's why WWE just drew 300 for a house show. In Stevenage. Then I point out Hugh Grant isn't a pro wrestler. And that if I was doing my A levels, I couldn't know anyone from university. Also, if we've already received stuff from my granddad's will, he can't possibly have remarried.

So I turn to Bischoff, and I bellow "YOU'VE KILLED THE BUSINESS SO BAD THAT THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN RUN IS IN MY MOTHERFUCKING DREAMWORLD!"

He has no answer.

I wake up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
I had my first wrestling-related (sort of) dream last night. It involved me travelling to a Man Utd game (who I don't support) with fellow UKFF member air_raid (who I know nothing of). It was a random dream with no set storyline but was notable for me questioning why he ordered so many VK's from the bar.

Spooky.

And the staff don't bat an eyelid when you ask for 12 bottles of VK/equivalent and 4 pint glasses.

Thought I chuck one in I had the other night, it wasn't an entire dream and didn't fit in anyway with the rest of the night's visions, just a scene. I dreamt Prince Devitt was at my girlfriend's parents house with all her family and was giving a farewell speech to them all before going over the water, thanking everyone for their support in helping him get to where he was and was handing out little trophies. heart wrenching stuff...The punchline here though is that nobody had a clue who he was except me and my girlfriend and when he left her uncle says "That was nice and all but who the fuck was that"

Edited by 2Xtreme_lives

I had a Wrestling related dream on Saturday night. I was out with Stephanie McMahon and Shane McMahon (she looked like her but Shane was some weedy looking guy) and we were all holding hands. Steph said we could go back to the McHamon home but on the way we stopped off at a market (where I bought a Wrestling magazine with Stone Cold on the front) and then we ran down a hill to an industrial estate where we went into a pub. I got restless as I wanted to go to the house so ran off. Kinda strange as the next night Steph was such a big part of Payback.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

I had a weird one last night.

I was with some friends and family at Cardiff Castle, except on the inside it looked like a modern conference centre. We were on a balcony level when the cast of The Expendables 3 emerged from a side door. 'Oh, there's Terry Crews, and Randy Couture, and Kelsey Grammer' and so on. Following them was the cast of The Fast & The Furious - I don't know if my mind got them right because I've never actually seen one of those films, but The Rock was there. The two action movie casts start fighting, and it breaks out into major violence.

This is where the wrestling bit comes in.

It turns out at this point that I am Edge. I'm there in the middle of this action with my mate Tensai, except he's been knocked out, and it's up to me to drag him to safety. Literally. I carry him over my shoulder, drag him by his feet, down passageways and staircases through this castle/conference centre hybrid, eventually ending up at a fire exit door. Tensai's still unconscious, and I spear the door open after breaking the lock with my machine gun, which I/Edge has now for some reason. We end up in an alleyway, and Tensai wakes up, which is just as well because the Expendables/Fast & Furious fight has turned into all-out gang warfare with explosions and gunfire all over the place. I must have been shot or something because that's the point I woke up.

Now what the hell's a dream like that meant to mean?

• 9 months later...

I dreamt there was Smackdown taping in the Tunbridge Wells Wetherspoons. For those of you who've never visited this fine establishment, it's a converted opera house, so it is feasible, if a little unlikely. Anyway, I was part of the backstage crew, and I was talking to Ziggler. He was all worked up, fed up of not getting a push, and he was saying how he was going to go out there, grab the brass ring, go off script and say whatever the hell he wanted. I tried to talk him down, I was saying "It's smackdown, they're just going to edit it out, you'll get fired, don't do it!" And then he went off and I didn't see him again. So I decided to find out just who it was backstage that hated him. I was wondering around and I found Jim Cornette. I kept asking him who was the higher up that hated Ziggler? He wouldn't tell me, kept shaking his head, but I wouldn't relent. In the end he looked at me and shouted, "PATTERSON! Patterson fucking hates him!" I said thanks, and went to look for Patterson. I took a lift and it seemed to go downwards for miles. I got out at what appeared to be a huge caverous mining area with stray cats. I shouted "Patterson!" But no-one responded. I got back in the lift and continued going down. Eventually I got out in some kind of Jungle area. I found Patterson, and he was trying to explain something to me, but I ended up getting chased off.

• 10 months later...
  • Paid Members

A couple of weeks ago I dreamed I was Hunter Hearst Helmsly. Like, '96 snob era Hunter. A couple of lads (I think Kev and Razor) were putting the Intercontinental belt with the white strap around my waist and telling me how good it looked on me, specifically pointing out that the white leather matched my white shirt. The weird thing was, this wasn't in the ring, we were going out. Not long after I remember violently projectile vomiting in a nightclub toilet while (presumably) another Kliq member held my ponytail back.

Edited by air_raid