Wrestling dreams and nightmares.

Max Power

I had a shopping bagging contest against Seth Rollins for the Intercontinental title last night. He beat me by a couple of seconds because the first two bags I tried using were split. I blamed Paul Heyman, he'd obviously weakened the bags to screw me over.

Edited by King Mal the Glorious

The other day I had a dream that I was at a show with my wife. Brian Kendrick was wrestling Rhyno, then stopped the match and started cutting a 'shoot' promo about how the match wasn't going as planned. He then took my wife's wedding ring off her finger as part of his promo and, as she wasn't 'smart' to the business, I had to rush over and try and stop him.

My first ever wrestling dream many decades ago featured a poster for a "Luger v Liger" match.

• Awards Moderator

I dreamed last night I made my MMA debut against some Miles Teller looking bloke. I was terrible and landed precisely zero strikes - and neither did he - but I somehow won after a headlock takeover into the Anaconda Vice. That's how you do it, CM Punk, you big loser!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Things that happened last night:

1) My street food business was at a student night. I couldn't work it but I popped in to check on how they were doing and felt very old indeed.

2) The reason I couldn't work the event was because I was giving a talk at a local tech meet-up and my team got invited to expand it into a keynote at a conference next year.

3) I got a new fiver out of a cashpoint and my girlfriend said the Queen was looking old now.

This lead to me waking up from a dream this morning where the following happened: I used to drink in a pub nearby that has a student night on Wednesdays with ridiculously cheap drinks deals. You don't need to be student to get the deals though so it was an excuse for the occasional midweek piss-up, there were always a few groups of other older people around and in my dream, one of the security guards from had been a regular there and I'd gotten to know him. Fast forward a couple of years and I've been invited to speak at another conference in London and, for some reason, Steve Austin was also speaking and said security guard was now working as a minder for the Queen, who was also in attendance. I went over to catch up with him after the event and ended up chatting to Liz who asked me what I was going to do with my evening. My subconscious had decided that the reason Stone Cold was in London was because he was going to do a live podcast recording at a Progress show and I said I'd be going to that. She said that the royals had been invited as well as she'd spoken to Steve earlier in the day and they'd gotten along well but she didn't think it would be her thing. I said that I thought she'd love it and said I'd heard that Charles and her mum were wrestling fans. She didn't seem convinced so we left it at that and I popped into Sainsbury's on the way back to my hotel. I was mentally deliberating what would be best food items to buy for my two night stay when my alarm went off.

• 1 month later...

Had a rather weird dream last night. Me, Mrs. NIB and NIB Jr. were all dressed up in Shield riot gear, including balaclavas. We were waiting to be picked up by a black van with two other unknown, similarly dressed accomplices.

Turns out this 4 person + 1 baby crew were going on a burglary spree. Upon arriving at and breaking into our selected house, my son crapped in his nappy, it smelt so bad that we all had to take off our balaclavas to breathe better. Revealing the other 2 people as Paige and Del Rio. My Mrs. then decided, mid burglary, to change the baby's nappy, whilst I'm begging and pleading with her to just come home with me and forget about nicking all the stuff from the house.

I couldn't change her mind, but somehow Paige had a change of heart and decided to come with me instead. Hearing police sirens in the distance, me and Paige leg it to safety. We reach an alleyway with someone walking down towards us. It's Paige's mum, giving us a standing ovation, chanting "This is awesome" at us. She thanks me for rescuing her daughter then asks me to accompany her to the end of the alley where Ricky and the lads are waiting for her.

When I get there, Ricky & Sons beat the ever loving shit out of me because they think I want to slip one up Paige and that I'm no good for her. All while I'm trying to explain that I just want to get home to my own family. Then I woke up.

I assume my Mrs. and Del Rio got caught and my son had been taken away... Thank fuck that was just nightmare. Or is that Knightmare?

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I think that best of the Undertaker thread must have lodged itself in my subconscious. I dreamt I met the Undertaker at some kind of convention. I was a little giddy and starstruck as I'm a quite a big fan of our deadman. Anyway I composed myself enough to ask him a question, I asked what it was like to pin Hogan for the title in '91 and if he knew ahead of time that he would have to drop the belt straight back. He started trying to respond but he kept saying "you know," (!) "errr..." and "ummm..." and by this point I was getting moved on because there were people in the queue behind me and it was taking ages. At which point I ended up outside on a bike cycling down some country lanes and ended up crashing into a ditch. 

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I dreamt I had been invited to Jim Cornettes house, to gain access to it I had to walk through a swimming pool that had three large alligators in it.

I nervously shouted to the inside of the house “Mr Cornette sir, are these alligators safe?

“Probably” came his less than reassuring reply.

One leapt up at me and I edged away from its snapping jaws. On its third leap I managed to give it a shove, it somersaulted and landed badly. 

Oh dear I thought how am I going to explain the dead alligator to Mr Cornette?

I woke up then.

Edited by Project Nim
Font inconsistencies