Save Us CM Punk Thread

Jambo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Kimmel's had a few wrestlers on in the past. Roddy Piper and The Miz are regulars on there. I do like how Cousin Sal's son is very logical about his opinion on the title actually being a belt and the outcome of how Cena will win the belt back. He wouldnt be out of place on the booking committee.

• Paid Members

In other "Punks the next MEGASTAR" news, his entrance theme has jumped to 140 in the iTunes Top 200 rankings (the demand got that high that people were having bother downloading it) and all his merch on WWEShop.com are either out of stock and backordered or completely sold out.

Not too shabby.

I wonder what's spurred on such a massive push. Up until Capital Punishment he hadn't won on PPV for like a year or something, now he's an absolute megastar. It's very surprising considering he's apparently in the doghouse quite a lot.

• Paid Members
I wonder what's spurred on such a massive push. Up until Capital Punishment he hadn't won on PPV for like a year or something, now he's an absolute megastar. It's very surprising considering he's apparently in the doghouse quite a lot.

I don't think he's gonna be in the doghouse for a while; at the moment, he's looking like WWE's next moneymaker, so they'll want to ensure the potential for that is realised.

• Paid Members

He made clear he'd be happy taking time off. That makes Vince want you. Basic reverse psychology.

• Paid Members

I mentioned this in one of the other Punk threads but I reckon it was a number of factors. As Lister mentions above but also, that Bret Hart and Steve Austin were making it quite clear they were pretty high on him and I reckon they (especially Austin) are opinions which Vince may listen to and take into consideration. And as he's got to share significant TV time with them in the run up to this push I reckon they may have gone to bat for him and swayed Vince into taking a chance on him when Punk made it apparent he may not renew.

As well as that I wouldn't be surprised if some aspects of the TV angle mirrored real life and Punk pitched elements of the angle and said take a chance on me, I won't let you down.

It's certainly interesting how it sort of suddenly happened and I'd be fascinated in what the series of events and thought process behind it occurring were.

Forgive me the fantasy booking, but if Punk were to unify the titles at Summerslam, and as he raised both belts, glass was to smash, and Austin were to walk down the aisle and face off against Punk, that might actually get me to watch WWE for the next few months. If Austin really is high on Punk, I can imagine he might be persuaded back for a program with him.

Archived