Save Us CM Punk Thread

Jambo

• Paid Members

I actually thought the angle had peaked at the pay per view, and it was likely all downhill from here, but it looks like the awesomeness is continuing. This is fucking brilliant. This is the most excited I've been about anything they've done in years.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually thought the angle had peaked at the pay per view, and it was likely all downhill from here, but it looks like the awesomeness is continuing. This is fucking brilliant. This is the most excited I've been about anything they've done in years.

Was just about to post this. I'm actually looking forward to the opening 10 and final 15 minutes of every week on Raw now.

This is something that can only be done with the way media is now. I am suprised it has not been done in the last fifteen years, or however long the Internet has been around. I now hope these random appearences from Punk will happen every week. WWE does not even have to pay a penny in promotion. Just have the fans video Punk and stick them online. It is a powerful word but it is genius.

That was quality, quite short and sweet, I thought Triple H was very good. His responses felt like someone trying to maintain a professional veneer. Like someone said earlier, it's that little thing which reminds me of early Austin McMahon and to an extent the Outsiders confronting Eric Bischoff when they turned up. This is real mouth watering stuff, a huge well played angle.

Just brilliant. So this confirms that Punk's absence and lack of focus on Raw was by design (I know it was fairly clear, but this removes any lingering doubts). Interesting that Punk voiced what everyone's being saying about the tournament being bullshit, so that may be addressed on Raw in some fashion, but they have to handle with care. I don't think they can directly throw the tournament out, considering they do need a champion with their current one "not under contract".

Very exciting stuff. I remember Cabana hinting on his podcast that there was some very cool stuff coming up over the next few months and he was vague enough to evoke doubt, but this is pretty much the upside of everything I'd hoped. It's so much fun to find myself so genuinely invested in a wrestling story again. It's been a long time.

One thing the video made me wonder about, though, was how HHH compares to Vince as a figurehead. Vince is an excellent performer and quite a funny guy, but HHH is pretty pin-sharp when it comes to off-the-cuff joking around and cutting retorts. I can't help but think that there will be times where his ego gets the better of him and he steals the show with a jab that puts more shine on him than the guy he's up against - I guess not unlike the build-up to his Cena WM match. I mean, it's not a serious concern or anything, but in that contract negotiation segment Vince's absolute best quality was that he kind of sat back and let Punk take the spotlight. I wonder if HHH has that in him. Either way, I'm now actually very excited to see how what he brings to the role.

• Paid Members

Again, this is fucking brilliant.

Not only is it a fresh and exciting storyline, it's wonderfully current and there's a load of different possibilities with the social networking stuff. I don't want to jinx anything and speak too soon, but they have played a blinder with this one and they deserve a lot of credit. We all know that they have put some shite out over the years, from all of the different era's and they deservedly get criticism when the product and/or main event angle is crap, but I think that this is right up there with anything they have ever done, so far anyway. Certainly in terms of creativity and in keeping with the times, which is what all good angles should. I hope that this creates a buzz among fans to the point where it brings a lot of fans back who previously lost interest, leading to good results at the box-office, TV ratings and PPV buy-rates, and not just something which gains them a little respect from the die hards for a period of time. We all know, that if it pays off for them at the bank, then there's a lot bigger chance of them putting the effort into creating such angles in the future.

On a side note, I watch a lot of New Generation and Attitude era stuff, so every now and then when I see Triple H on TV like in this angle, I find myself thinking back at how incredible his rise to the top of the business has been, in and out of the ring of course. Fuckin fair play to the lad.

Speaking of the Comic Con has anyone seen the new WWE figures? The Alberto Del Rio one is class with a masked Chihuahua dog as an accessory, probably related to what Del Rio thinks of Rey Mysterio.

Archived