Save Us CM Punk Thread

Jambo

• Paid Members
Not really sure what the problem is. TNA have footage they can use of Punk, and now he's the newest big star that WWE have right now, they'd be mental not to try and cash in somehow.

My main take on this is that, whilst it's not a problem to take advantage of the Punk situation it could backfire on them and in turn suggest that there is nothing relevant or worth watching in their current product by more or less giving more publicity and aura to the character. It could also be viewed as TNA more or less admitting that they are a path way for WWE and that the important stuff only happens in WWE. Wasn't Punks time in TNA a bit of a disaster for both sides and the reason that Punk has a strong hatred for TNA?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WWE started advertising Brock Lesnar's on their 24/7 service or whatever their internet vault service is called last summer after Lesnar's big comeback fight. So its not only TNA that will cash in on their video library based on whats hot. The fact that Lesnar was WWE champion and the companies main man is very different to the time Punk had at TNA though obviously.

Also the fact that Brock is not with a company that was in direct competition with WWE and he would love to get him back for a one time deal ! Vince thought/still thinks Brock could do business with WWE CM Punk is a WWE man for the long term and TNA publicising him reeks of desperation imho. Oh and before anyone says I am TNA bashing I do not do that I just think this is a bad decision, like the Sting promo a few months back, makes them look unoriginal and desperate.

My main take on this is that, whilst it's not a problem to take advantage of the Punk situation it could backfire on them and in turn suggest that there is nothing relevant or worth watching in their current product by more or less giving more publicity and aura to the character. It could also be viewed as TNA more or less admitting that they are a path way for WWE and that the important stuff only happens in WWE. Wasn't Punks time in TNA a bit of a disaster for both sides and the reason that Punk has a strong hatred for TNA?

Exactly ! I wonder if HHH may even bring this up on Raw Monday something along the lines of "I had to re sign him even other companies are promoting him" Alright I know thats shit but they can do it better lol

Heaven forbid that TNA might put up a selection of CM Punk matches that very few people will have seen in the hope that it might entice fans of the most talked about guy in wrestling at the moment to spend a little money to see said matches :rolleyes: The more moronic thing for TNA to do would be to sit on this collection of CM Punk matches that hardly any of his current fanbase will have seen.

• Paid Members
WWE started advertising Brock Lesnar's on their 24/7 service or whatever their internet vault service is called last summer after Lesnar's big comeback fight. So its not only TNA that will cash in on their video library based on whats hot. The fact that Lesnar was WWE champion and the companies main man is very different to the time Punk had at TNA though obviously.

Let alone it was the WWE that made Lesnar into a big star.

• Awards Moderator
He'll still never have a pocket full of cheese and a garden full of trees.

I took a girl out on a date on Friday and had my iPod on shuffle in the car. Ten seconds after she got in the car, that bastard song came on. I don't hold out much hope of seeing her again.

Archived