Save Us CM Punk Thread

Jambo

From that link of other news from the Q&A there is this gem from HHH when asked what figures they'd like to see

Triple H suggested a WWE Writers set, complete with a Mr. McMahon figure that calls them all idiots.

I love corporate HHH, a mix of typical executive of a company answers and classic HHH zingers.

Not watched the Punk vid, might wait to see if it's mentioned/shown on Raw. If not i'll watch it then but sounds class, the blurring of the lines is being done to perfection.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a few weeks I'd quite like to see Punk sitting in the front row of Raw. Although the announcers make no reference to him at all because they've been told they're not allowed to. The crowd would be electric for it.

Have the odd wrestler get distracted by him in a "What the hell are you doing here?" way.

• Paid Members
Speaking of the Comic Con has anyone seen the new WWE figures? The Alberto Del Rio one is class with a masked Chihuahua dog as an accessory, probably related to what Del Rio thinks of Rey Mysterio.

It's based on an angle where Del Rio put a Rey mask on a dug while mocking him.

That video is great! Let's hope that WWE has planned this all meticulously and it's a long-term slow build angle. If so it was a great move to get a new authority figure in HHH who can work in the ring. Three days later they have made the perfect follow up to the HHH announcement as he now has direct involvement with Punk, which is a nice follow on from Punk's proficy of what life would be like if Vince were dead and his doofus son-in-law was in charge. Punks quip about Steph having his number was hillarious.

I'd like to see Rey ask Hunter to call of the tournament after Punk's jibe that he would not be a real champion unless he faced him. Let's pray that Raw opens with the video from Comic Con. Once Hunter talks about the incident i'd like to see clips on social media sites showing Punk going to indy shows or talkign to crowds about how he is the real champ and it's BS that WWE are trying to crown a new champ. How great would it be if he was show outside the Impact Zone or sat ringside at TNA with the belt. Or if he did a beat down at ROH and then hijacked the mic to start running down WWE.

I'm loving this so lets hope they don't ruin it by crowning a new champ and not mentioning punk for a long while.

Depending on the "actual" situation with McMahon, I was thinking we may see him leading a group of ROH/Indy workers to invade the WWE including Punk, Cabana etc...

I'm hoping this happens during the WWE title match on Raw next week. I'd be annoyed if they crowned a new champ now.

I'd love to know who's booked all this, because its so far removed from what WWE have put out there in recent years. If it is HHH, then fair play to the guy.

Having the authority figure who can still is work is a sweet touch too, we've had years of "Heel Boss emplying heel wrestler to beat up babyface" that its a refreshing change.

I'd love to know who's booked all this, because its so far removed from what WWE have put out there in recent years. If it is HHH, then fair play to the guy.

Punk has said on a number of occasions that he's always pitching creative ideas to management and is very passionate about the business, and considering Punk did a similar 'leaving with the title' angle in Ring Of Honor I think it's safe to assume that he was involved in pitching the idea to Vince. Obviously nothing happens without Vince's say so, but I believe Punk has had a lot more involvement in this storyline than people might think.

• Paid Members

Depending on the "actual" situation with McMahon, I was thinking we may see him leading a group of ROH/Indy workers to invade the WWE including Punk, Cabana etc...

I'm hoping this happens during the WWE title match on Raw next week. I'd be annoyed if they crowned a new champ now.

That would be very "Nexus" though, wouldn't it?

I like Punk best when he's alligned with nobody but himself. I don't think a stable would improve his current character at all. I really hope they mention this Comic-con moment on RAW next week, but I'd imagine if anything happens with Punk it'll be during the WWE title match.

• Paid Members

Why would anyone want to see a group of invaders? CM Punk is a star and putting him with a group of bodies has the potential to water him down and make this Nexusy or Alliancey (neither of those are words, but I continue). Punk doesnt need anyone else. Just let him be the rebel. Austin didnt need anyone. Rock didnt need anyone. Cena doesnt need anyone. Why would Punk need anyone? Punk, Triple H, Cena, Vince: these are big time wrestlers who can carry big time angles. Putting Colt Cabana in there would be like shoving Reckless Youth into the Rock vs Triple H feud in 2000.

That would be very "Nexus" though, wouldn't it?

I like Punk best when he's alligned with nobody but himself. I don't think a stable would improve his current character at all. I really hope they mention this Comic-con moment on RAW next week, but I'd imagine if anything happens with Punk it'll be during the WWE title match.

I think they might do something that sees Cabana and possibly Gallows being re-signed to the company, maybe Punk demands it as a condition of him defending the belt at SummerSlam or something? But I agree it shouldn't lead to the formation of an actual Punk-led stable. Punk getting a few of his smart-ass friends on to the roster and then using them to vicariously make Triple H's life difficult could be a good way to keep the angle ticking over without Punk having to be on Raw every week, since it seems important to maintain Punk's WWE-Champ-in-exile status for as long as possible.

A sledgehammer-beatdown on Cabana by an exasperated Triple H the night after a still-unsigned Punk retains the title at SummerSlam could be a believable way of goading Punk into finally coming back to Raw for an extended period to seek revenge for his ally.

What is it about this angle that brings out the fantasy booker in everyone.

Why would anyone want to see a group of invaders? CM Punk is a star and putting him with a group of bodies has the potential to water him down and make this Nexusy or Alliancey (neither of those are words, but I continue). Punk doesnt need anyone else. Just let him be the rebel. Austin didnt need anyone. Rock didnt need anyone. Cena doesnt need anyone. Why would Punk need anyone? Punk, Triple H, Cena, Vince: these are big time wrestlers who can carry big time angles. Putting Colt Cabana in there would be like shoving Reckless Youth into the Rock vs Triple H feud in 2000.

So you cannot ever see a situation where Punk has guys by his side as Zac Ryder, Cabana and Gallows? I don't see it in any way, shape or form which will water Punk down and make this anything other that having a crowd go nuts with excitment for a feature with these four men. Just my thought and opinion.

• Paid Members
I think they might do something that sees Cabana and possibly Gallows being re-signed to the company, maybe Punk demands it as a condition of him defending the belt at SummerSlam or something? But I agree it shouldn't lead to the formation of an actual Punk-led stable. Punk getting a few of his smart-ass friends on to the roster and then using them to vicariously make Triple H's life difficult could be a good way to keep the angle ticking over without Punk having to be on Raw every week, since it seems important to maintain Punk's WWE-Champ-in-exile status for as long as possible.

A sledgehammer-beatdown on Cabana by an exasperated Triple H the night after a still-unsigned Punk retains the title at SummerSlam could be a believable way of goading Punk into finally coming back to Raw for an extended period to seek revenge for his ally.

What is it about this angle that brings out the fantasy booker in everyone.

But would anyone care that strikes me very much like Bully Ray attacking D-Von's kids. There's simply not enough time to establish Cabana as a character people would give a toss about, and even if there was I think additional wrestlers would actually detract from Punk's act.

So you cannot ever see a situation where Punk has guys by his side as Zac Ryder, Cabana and Gallows? I don't see it in any way, shape or form which will water Punk down and make this anything other that having a crowd go nuts with excitment for a featuring with these four men. Just my thought and opinion.

Why would they "go nuts" for Luke friggin' Gallows?! I like the guy, but come on. Punk's getting over from his own mic work, how could that work with three other people without either watering his act down or making them look like flunkies?

• Paid Members
In your opinion.

I'd imagine that is a given when posting on a discussion forum, Captain Obvious.

So you cannot ever see a situation where Punk has guys by his side as Zac Ryder, Cabana and Gallows? I don't see it in any way, shape or form which will water Punk down and make this anything other that having a crowd go nuts with excitment for a featuring with these four men. Just my thought and opinion.

You want to create a star, and if he's going to feud with Triple H, why would WWE bring back people to carry angles like Cabana and Gallows? They've just been sacked because WWE didnt see anything in them. The vocal minority might cheer for them, but what will it do to further the angle from a TV show standpoint? These guys are nobodies. Punk's a star. He's doing fine on his own without bringing in a group of people to stand next to him, like Wade Barret had with Nexus. He's the current popular thing and he's WWE's next big babyface. He's doesnt need anyone else.

• Paid Members

I like Zack Ryder. His videos make me laugh and his dad would make for an excellent on-screen personality. But fucking hell, the idea that you could pair him with CM Punk and not dilute Punk's current momentum is absolute insanity. CM Punk's the hottest thing in the industry right now. Ryder's a fucking chump. Wanting to see Ryder get a regular gig on RAW in a role similar to Santino is one thing, but wanting him to be in a main event faction is completely mental.

Archived