Raw 18th July Discussion. *Spoilers*

CleetusVanDamme

I was surprised when I saw so many pages in this topic, but after watching Raw I thought 'wow, there must be a lot of discussion!' .. only to come on here and see a bunch of halfwits dissing HHH.

Not even going to waste my time formulating a proper response to some of the bullshit that has been throw around in here.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed the show, didn't have a problem at all with the Vince and HHH stuff. I thought it was very well done actually and was a really interesting twist to the angle. Plus, I'm a fan of HHH so I'm pleased to see him back on screen again and I can't wait to see what is gonna happen with him in charge now.

Lets be honest, this storyline have received so much hype over the past few weeks that it was always gonna struggle to live up to expectations in the eyes of some people. Personally, I'm loving every minute of it and I'm just happy that they're doing this sort of big angle again. It's been missing from the product for a while.

• Paid Members
Seems odd that Cena wasn't angry also. I've been shot down on these points before, but realistically, Cena would have been entirely in the right to say "hey, screw you Vince. I was winning until you came out and screwed everything up", but instead we get the 'bigger man' Cena accepting his fate without getting angry approach again. The way Cena reacted you'd have though Punk won squeaky clean.

I absolutely hated that. He also literally thanked Punk for having a great match with him too, like they made a film together. Dont do that shit onscreen and act like you're gutted about losing the title. Its just bizarre.

I liked the Vince/Trips stuff, but Vince is no where near leaving as an onscreen character. I dont think he'll ever retire onscreen, he'll finish when he dies.

From the interviews I read of Punks, he sounded like he'd be gone for months. Hopefully he'll return for a title vs title fued around Rumble time. Then face Triple H at Mania.

I could sort of understand it if he went down the whole "I chose to let the hold go" route and blamed himself, but he just appeared to be like "well, I lost fair and square" when, infact, he didn't. Sportsmen do sometimes appreciate being in a good match even after being on the losing end. Seen it a few times. So I don't mind that aspect of it.

I've been reminded today why I barely come on here anymore when I get called a halfwit by people who can only dream of being a halfwit.

Hey well done! Just when everyone thought you'd peaked on the bullshitometer, you prove there's a whole new level.

NEWS-clapping81.jpg

• Paid Members

I liked the idea that they would try and rebuild with a wrestling-heavy show. While the tournament didn't start out great from a match quality standpoint, Ziggler-Mysterio was good and the two semis were pretty decent as well, with interesting booking of both Miz and Rey winning both their matches the same way.

If it goes ahead, I see Mysterio vs Miz as a cracking final, with Mysterio winning but then Alberto Del Rio cashing in Money in the Bank to set up the long rumoured Cena-Del Rio match at Summerslam. In the mean time, if they've actually managed to re-sign him, HHH will say he's negotiating with Punk, and either Punk will return down the line or we'll get HHH-Punk at Summerslam.

• Paid Members
There's been more use of halfwit on this page than in the rest of the topics put together.

I vote to rename SpykeDudlei1 as Halfwit1. Or if we're using his weird way of spelling, probably HarfWeet1.

Who'll be Dogface?

Is anyone saying it did?.

What personal benefit did HHH have to get out of doing it?.

In theory, to elevate a fresh main eventer for him and others to work with, therfore helping the company he works for.

However people didnt know then that Shelton was not main event material, so the rub he gave Shelton was really for nothing. Espicially since the company stopped and started Shelton's push several times and Shelton didnt have the motivation to improve as a performer as time went on.

I like HHH these days, but I was dissapointed Punk was not on RAW who I tuned in to see. Looks he will be gone a while and then come back with "the real championship" as he will call it.

I think Miz will win next week, I am very suprised they are giving him another reign so fast, thought he would be out in the upper mid-card for a while.

• Paid Members
Who'll be Dogface?

Was that Sophie Reade?

In which case, it needs to be the poster we all want to fuck.

Come on down, Ballbag. I mean, Butch.

Archived