Raw 18th July Discussion. *Spoilers*

CleetusVanDamme

Dunno why everyone's talking about hhh vs punk, there's a ready made hhh vs vince feud begging to get made. Vinny mac thinks on it for a week, gets the right hump, turns up at raw next week ready to kill hhh, all leads to a match at summerslam for control of the wwe. Such a huge changing of the guard, in legit or storyline terms has gotta be set up for a ppv, sod giving it away on free telly.

Then after hhh beats 20 shades of shit out of vince, cuts him all up and chucks him off high stuff before pedigreeing him to death, turning full on heel in the process, then cm punk comes back into the picture claiming nothing counts cos he's not there, hhh goes mental, punk comes back, feud kicks off, takes us through to wrestlemania when punk beats hhh and starts the punk age.

Simple really.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh it was alright and Triple H's I love you paps line was comedy gold but I really hope that they do something with the WWE Title other then just crown The Miz or The Fukcing Midget as the new champion and just carry on business as usual only with Triple H running things.

Next week is the importent show imo.

One thing though for all the match that will change the landscape of the WWE stuff at the PPV last night unless the brand split if dropped it hasn't really effected Smackdown at all.

• Paid Members
Meh it was alright and Triple H's I love you paps line was comedy gold but I really hope that they do something with the WWE Title other then just crown The Miz or The Fukcing Midget as the new champion and just carry on business as usual only with Triple H running things.

Next week is the importent show imo.

One thing though for all the match that will change the landscape of the WWE stuff at the PPV last night unless the brand split if dropped it hasn't really effected Smackdown at all.

1. That's clearly not how they're going to go in the long term though, is it? For all the talk about WWE rushing things and not having slow builds there has been a LOT of criticism for them not having Punk just show up straight away. Make up your minds.

2. Time will tell, Smackdown is on Friday. Until then you can't say whether it's effect will ripple over to the show or not. Although I'd argue that a PPV that ultimately caused a new chairman to be appointed is certainly something that's going to change the landscape.

• Paid Members

I'm amazed by some of the opinion here. Some of you are fucking morons frankly and The Phenom is possibly the worst kind of fan going. 3d-daz is just about the only one talking any sense here and has said everything i'd have wanted to say in response to several posts already and probably much more succinctly than i ever could have.

It was a perfectly logical next step in every shape and form, purely a story line progression show but it needed to be and did everything it needed to with that.

Vinces comments before Cena came out seem to apt reading some of the comments in this thread. He really is fucking incredible and he acted up a fucking storm in that last segment.

I really hope that they go with the long haul with CM Punk not being there. It might annoy people in the mean time but it'll make his eventual return mean that much more.

As for right now, it SHOULD be business as usual. Forget Punk ever won the belt and move on. Of course it should be disregarded because the WWE Title holder has no intention of defending his belt in WWE. Why should they care about him?

I hate fantasy booking. It's always crap.

Couldnt agree more, some of the stuff in this and the MITB thread has been scary

Fuck sake. HHH can't even appear on tv once without the "lolz spotlight hugger, BURIALZ" routine starting.

That was, what, the 5th time we've seen him in 16 months?. Some ego.

Also couldnt agree more, people complain there is no star power, a star comes out and he's burying the new guys, the main guy being reference is of course the guy who has left for time off

I think they need to have Triple H do something monumental next week to make his new role meaningful. One of the most impactful things he actually could do would be to end the brand split with immediate effect. As much as the idea had potential, it never actually met it and right now it's pretty much just a hinderance to the overall product.

Love this idea, puts him across as someone making sweeping changes and, in my opinion, changes things for the better. This is how I would book it...only joking, I will leave that to the fantasists

I'm amazed by some of the opinion here. Some of you are fucking morons frankly and The Phenom is possibly the worst kind of fan going.

Why? Because I expressed how I felt about the show? It's not like I just talk about negative things, I loved Money In The Bank, and I loved Raw from the end of last year until around April. A few months ago, it was a bad thing because I enjoyed a part of the product. Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but I really didn't enjoy what they did last night. Maybe it will be better next week, but I myself just found it really boring this week.

Ok....I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong about something and this is one of those times. Just watched the end of the show again with my lad and nephew and you're right, the music interruption does work. It's not like he did the whole Triple H entrance. However, I stand by my concern that his return will not be good for the Punk storyline but am happy to be proved wrong. As for those who think Triple H hating is out of date, I would say it's for good reason - he's only ever done things for others if they've a) been his buddies or b) if he's benefited from it too. Take his burial of Seamus on his return. Revenge is one thing but that killed Seamus dead in a wrestling sense.

Dunno if it's been mentioned at all, but they'd be missing a trick to not have Christian on an immense ego trip for the forseeable future claiming he's the only World Champion in wrestling etc. Have him showing up on Raw claiming that it doesn't matter who wins the WWE Championship tournament because he's the real World Champion. It'd be a nice addition to the Orton storyline which I'm afraid will start to get stale if it carries on for much longer.

• Paid Members
he's only ever done things for others if they've a) been his buddies or b) if he's benefited from it too.

Fuck off. How did putting over Shelton Benjamin 3 times in a row benefit him?. Tapping clean in the middle of the ring to Chris Benoit 3 times?, must have been because they were such great mates.

You're a complete idiot.

Fuck off. How did putting over Shelton Benjamin 3 times in a row benefit him?. Tapping clean in the middle of the ring to Chris Benoit 3 times?, must have been because they were such great mates.

You're a complete idiot.

And you're seemingly incapable of offering a sensible reason why you think I'm wrong. If you want to resort to name calling, I'll leave you to it.

Archived