Raw 18th July Discussion. *Spoilers*

CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members
So posting on forums is seen as failure or lowly now is it? Interesting. Again I make reference to the initial point that this was MY opinion and the reaction is so typical that if it doesn't match yours then it must be wrong. As for Vince, I never claimed, nor would I, to be anything like him but do like to think I've picked up a few ideas that might work along the way. There's no denying Vince is 'the man' and has the $$$ to show for it......but how many of us can honestly say they've not come on here and questioned at least one of his decisions over the yrs? That music was my chosen subject. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the segment as a whole.

Your opinion isn't stupid because he disagrees it, it's stupid because it's stupid. You're not getting well thought out retorts because it's so obvious how stupid your point is. To reiterate

Its a television show you mental. That has to be the most pathetic nitpicking I've ever seen. The music was done for effect to get the full impact from the live attendance and the people at home. Its how we connect with our favourites and what sets apart the likes of Triple H from Kongo Kev

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
So posting on forums is seen as failure or lowly now is it? Interesting.

Never said that. Just pointing how the irony that your having a go at entrance music being played in reality based angles (even though history shows it matters little to peoples enjoyment of the show or realism i.e. nWo, Austin etc) and then pull out the "my experience in the business" card, while still giving off the "its my opinion as a fan" stance.

Again I make reference to the initial point that this was MY opinion and the reaction is so typical that if it doesn't match yours then it must be wrong.

Did I say you were wrong. You have an opinion no matter how mental it is. Fair enough. I was stating how nitpicking it come across. Didnt say you were wrong. Just saying how pointless it is over thinking stuff that doesnt matter.

As for Vince, I never claimed, nor would I, to be anything like him but do like to think I've picked up a few ideas that might work along the way. There's no denying Vince is 'the man' and has the $$$ to show for it......but how many of us can honestly say they've not come on here and questioned at least one of his decisions over the yrs? That music was my chosen subject. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the segment as a whole.

And it was my opinion that opinions like that is what ruins enjoyment for the person watching. If Vince isnt pushing a wrestler who is over or is burying someone who can draw money fair enough. But playing music? What the fuck?

• Paid Members
Fuck sake. HHH can't even appear on tv once without the "lolz spotlight hugger, BURIALZ" routine starting.

That was, what, the 5th time we've seen him in 16 months?. Some ego.

I hope he turns around the buries the hell out of Punk. I would piss myself at the reaction.

Yeah Cleetus, I agree with the spotlight hogging thing.

Mike's spot on - the music playing works for wrestler to the rescue or wrestler returns but he was coming down in a business role. I too thought it seemed out of place.

Some people on here act and talk like real fuckwits and the reactions on this thread only serve to prove it. It must be hard to think sensibly when you're sitting there alone in your bedroom popping zits with one hand and pulling your pud with the other.

I hope he turns around the buries the hell out of Punk. I would piss myself at the reaction.

:laugh: That would surely cause the much anticipated internet explosion.

Do a story where he lures CM Punk back, wrestles a match with him in total darkness except for a spotlight on himself, pedigrees him in 3 seconds with both arms behind his back, then farts in his face and takes the title back declaring himself Unified WWE and Internet Champion after firing Zack Ryder. Then he calls D.Bryan out and has a slash in his briefcase and declares it worthless, then has a good chuckle with new Mr MITB Kevin Nash about Punk and Bryan potentially being World Champs at the same time, fade to black.

• Paid Members
:laugh: That would surely cause the much anticipated internet explosion.

Do a story where he lures CM Punk back, wrestles a match with him in total darkness except for a spotlight on himself, pedigrees him in 3 seconds with both arms behind his back, then farts in his face and takes the title back declaring himself Unified WWE and Internet Champion after firing Zack Ryder. Then he calls D.Bryan out and has a slash in his briefcase and declares it worthless, then has a good chuckle with new Mr MITB Kevin Nash about Punk and Bryan potentially being World Champs at the same time, fade to black.

Triple H vs. Punk in a lumberjack match. Ends in three seconds when everyone turns on Trips, only for Kevin Nash and John Cena to make shocking returns (Cena having been fired ten seconds before the match took place) and help him vanquish everyone in the ring. The closing sequence comes when Cena, who has been getting beaten up the entire time despite supposedly trying to save Trips, pops up like he has been feeling no ill effects and hits Ryder with the AA. Nash then Jackknifes Punk on top of him and Triple H stacks them on top of each other, pinning them both with his pinky finger.

Daneil Bryan then cashes in and runs straight into a Pedigree, 1, 2, 3. Show ends with Triple H, Nash and Cena constantly challenging each other to matches, which end with fingerpokes of doom, and rotating the title around until all three men have tripled Ric Flair's legacy as sixteen time champion.

"BEST MATCH EVER!" *clapclapclapclapclap* "BEST MATCH EVER!"

• Paid Members

I think they need to have Triple H do something monumental next week to make his new role meaningful. One of the most impactful things he actually could do would be to end the brand split with immediate effect. As much as the idea had potential, it never actually met it and right now it's pretty much just a hinderance to the overall product.

I watched a live RAW for the first time ever last night off the back of the Mitb thing, okay I missed the 1st half an hour, but still. Other than the coming back from ad breaks and waiting which was fucking annoying, what struck me was this

1. I took that passing of a torch to be Triple H announcing his effective in ring retirement. Yes he hasnt been around much recently, front of house but unless its a special attraction that is him surely done?

2. Vince and CM Punk are now both outside of the company in storyline terms ( or real?) Since Edge retired after WM, there has been much made of the old guard largely being punted away as well as people seeming given the mic to make things seem more realistic, rather than scripted. See Edge, Punk et al even Cena is breaking the 4th wall as it were. So there is a change there. Could this be the beginning of a 'new' WWE stylistically? Also using a shit bit of fantasy booking could Punk and Vince be part of a 'new' fed, as Vince has been shafted from within and he has the knowledge what about him using some small indy shows or something to restart his career and using the real WWE/WWF title as the figure head, would be a good way of starting a new feud, despite it being completely unlikely.

3. Cena has started to show some tweener/heel tendancies. Maybe thats just me but but Im thinking a slow burn turn?

4. Im not staying up to watch Raw again

• Paid Members
haha so nobody's allowed to hate HHH anymore cos it was 'so last century'? This place is becoming more like a cult every day.....it's one step away from mass brainwashing.

Why because a couple of people said so? You're not busy wanking and bursting spots are you?

Archived