Raw 18th July Discussion. *Spoilers*

CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members

Don't see how that was a great ending by any means. I think the entire show is a prime example of how bullshit WWE is and how they take even the hottest of storylines and shoot them full of plot holes/ignore them/fuck them up.

Why should anyone care CM Punk is champ if they're ignoring it and just naming new champs the next night/next week

John Cena never got fired AGAIN

Made last nights match completely redundant, and I feel it will kill any repeat viewings of it for people who know how it ended.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fantastic ending but I really can't help but feel how much more stupidly incredible it would have been had the rest of the show had a building energy, some scenes showing how fucked the company is now that Punk is taking the belt to ball games and a hot crowd.

Yeah spot on. They company really didn't seem that fucked to me.

Brilliant ending though, and I'm actually sitting here wondering if Vince actually will be stepping down a notch or two. I fell asleep and missed most of the actual show mind, which wasn't bad because it doesn't seem like I missed anything at all.

After the amazing viewing last night I wanted to see action and some interesting segments from the off tonight. Instead we had to sit through six boring singles matches and a divas tag abomination to get to the part that wasn't pointless. And by that point I don't think anything was going to get me enthused after sitting through that. I don't think it was the way the show should have been booked after the excitement of last night and the amount of questions left unanswered from MITB.

When recommending matches/segments to watch there is usually a couple splattered through the show but you can skip the first hour and 57 minutes of this episode and not miss a thing. That's not how a show should come across, ever. And I've not checked but I assume legit the tourney should have played out here and didn't because of time issues. Not quite sure to be honest. Besides, if it was never going to happen they shouldn't have promoted it the whole night.

I did hope that Vince would be replaced somewhat so a new dynamic of employee v boss could take place so I'm glad it's happened. But God what a downer of a show that was.

Don't see how that was a great ending by any means. I think the entire show is a prime example of how bullshit WWE is and how they take even the hottest of storylines and shoot them full of plot holes/ignore them/fuck them up.

Why should anyone care CM Punk is champ if they're ignoring it and just naming new champs the next night/next week

John Cena never got fired AGAIN

Made last nights match completely redundant, and I feel it will kill any repeat viewings of it for people who know how it ended.

Would you have had Punk on Raw despite him saying he was leaving WWE and taking the title with him?

Don't know how you got that from the ending. That announcement will probably be the biggest announcement of the decade if it is legit. Judging by Vince's eyes, it certainly seemed genuine.

• Paid Members

The premis - the pay per view was excellent, let's see what happens. For the first time in ages when I didnt have at least a half day the morning after.

The reality - I doubt I'll stay up on a schoolnight again. Chat entertained me far more than the show and even then the tournament final didnt happen rendering all that came before pointless.

Still, interesting to see a continuation of the worked shoot direction. I expect Tony Schiavone and his moustache to be on SmackDown.

TheRealXPac Sean Waltman

"The text he sent me today makes much more sense now."

TheRealXPac Sean Waltman

"That was the real deal, that last 5 or however many minutes."

• Paid Members

The crowd being the worst in ages didn't help a thing. Seriously, what a group of boring cunts.

IMO the hugeness of the final segment was hurt with the crowd finally reacting (other than chanting "CM Punk" or fucking "What?" during the first segment). It would have been much more powerful if the crowd sounded stunned, instead we got a "Nah, nah, nah, nah..." sing along. Vince being excellent, turned them round though.

I had a funny feeling we would see Triple H last night, although I had no idea this would happen. Looks like we'll be getting Triple H v CM Punk then, should be cracking.

Again, this is what I want from WWE. Episodic TV, a hook that means you must watch next week. Just next time make sure the stuff inbetween isn't worth skipping.

• Awards Moderator

What I think might happen, or, my super-awesome e-booking:

Punk will show up before this WWE Title tournament is concluded, and make sure it doesn't end with a new champion, because, after all, there's only one champion, and it's him. They can't replace him that easily, etc.

Vince, looking to get back his power, eventually manages to reach an agreement with Punk that brings Punk back with everything he ever wanted. The board is very happy and gives Vince his job back since he managed to return the Title to its proper home.

So you either get Punk as a corporate champion or McMahon turning on Punk through some kind of small-print loophole, the latter being more likely.

That, or Rey becomes the champion and Vince ends up being the anonymous GM.

But it's good that an angle is keeping everyone guessing and theorising about what's going to happen next.

What I think might happen, or, my super-awesome e-booking:

Punk will show up before this WWE Title tournament is concluded, and make sure it doesn't end with a new champion, because, after all, there's only one champion, and it's him. They can't replace him that easily, etc.

Vince, looking to get back his power, eventually manages to reach an agreement with Punk that brings Punk back with everything he ever wanted. The board is very happy and gives Vince his job back since he managed to return the Title to its proper home.

So you either get Punk as a corporate champion or McMahon turning on Punk through some kind of small-print loophole, the latter being more likely.

That, or Rey becomes the champion and Vince ends up being the anonymous GM.

But it's good that an angle is keeping everyone guessing and theorising about what's going to happen next.

I think HHH will re-hire CM Punk after the tournament ends and whoever wins it (I'm saying Miz which will make Punk face) becomes the number one contender at Summerslam.

I thought i would never see the day that Vince Mcmahon would be releived of his duties from WWE especially by his son in law Triple H.

On another note i have to say Vickie Gurerro was looking well fit las night in her outfit being an actaul sexy MILF. I really despise Jerry Lawler and his shit comments about Vickie because she is actually attractive.

Archived