Raw 18th July Discussion. *Spoilers*

CleetusVanDamme

I keep having these perverse visions of next week's 'Monday Night Triple H' brought to you by Lemmy Kilmister & Sean Waltman. The show's title sequence being a montage of Triple H signing autographs, sharing a joke with Kevin Nash, working up a sweat at the gym etc.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I keep having these perverse visions of next week's 'Monday Night Triple H' brought to you by Lemmy Kilmister & Sean Waltman. The show's title sequence being a montage of Triple H signing autographs, sharing a joke with Kevin Nash, working up a sweat at the gym etc.

...better than watching Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger and the rest of the mid card goons.

This is the perfect opportunity for Big Kev to come back as HHH's muscle, with Waltman as another lackey. HHH could be kinda a face boss, but his 2 best buddies go round being assholes, and he overlooks it because they're mates. Give Cena something to fight against.

Meanwhile Punk parades around the world with his spinning title, leading to an eventual unification match with the new champ.

Stephanie McMahon anyone? I mean Trips said the family agreed to Vince being removed for business reasons.

A 3-6 month sabatical for CM Punk must be a given, and he positively has to be under contract during this time off. It makes no sense not to have him part of the company following the last month we've witnessed. There is no way we've seen the last of him on our screens in WWE. Just need to be patient over time. It will all work itself out just fine. They''ll leave it long enough for the masses not to forget Punk.

I guess prior to M.I.T.B there was an element of doubt of the direction they were heading in. I'm sure the planning for the next several weeks has been well thought out and it may take time to get to a conclusion to satisfy the masses. Who knows, as suggested it could be the Rumble he returns, maybe sooner. The latter I'm hoping for just like most. I guess we've just gotta be patient in waiting.

It's funny in some ways, because some comments on here, not all, remind me of a Banger Racing forum I read. Fans are never happy with a race meeting they watch without seeing the massive crashes, huge follow-ins, full length T bones etc etc. Sometimes you'll see drivers saving their cars for other meetings, rod round without hitting anything, and then come the evening's, these so called fans come online and bitch about how crap the racing was. Usually 20 pages of useless shit, moaning about car numbers, shit promotions and drivers who spend their hard earned money building cars during the week and not seeing the "big crashes" every single meeting. Then when a really good meeting takes place everyone is raving about how good it was. The expectation level is there and I guess people expect the same the next time they go and watch.

Ring any bells here??!!!

• Paid Members
IIRC, the whole issue with Punk considering leaving was because he felt he was regularly producing the goods but never being given a chance to be a focal main-event player. Perhaps WWE offered him this storyline as a way to get him to re-sign? After all, he's been massively elevated by the whole affair - a sign that WWE's prepared to put their faith fully and unreservedly in someone new.

That actually makes a lot of sense and it worked too. This is the first time I've ever had even the slightest interest in CM Punk and this angle and by association Punk, is the reason I tuned back into WWE. Just in time for SummerSlam too!

This is the perfect opportunity for Big Kev to come back as HHH's muscle, with Waltman as another lackey. HHH could be kinda a face boss, but his 2 best buddies go round being assholes, and he overlooks it because they're mates. Give Cena something to fight against.

Didn't TNA do similar when Hogan and Bischoff first took over?

• Paid Members

Thought there was some fantastic acting from Vince in the final segment, the way he initially seemed so happy to see HHH and his face lit up and he gave him the warm introduction etc and then slowly how his emotions changed when he started to realize what was really going on. Class stuff, nearly had himself turned face by the end, if he's not involved in any more big angles he'll be a huge miss.

• Moderators

I honestly don't think WWE can win. People say it's stale and staid and needs mixing it up, then they make big fuck off changes (The HHH replacing Vince one is fuhooking massive) and it's still shit. I'm honestly starting to think some people have some kind of sadistic tendency were they only watch wrestling to not enjoy it and then moan about it.

I honestly don't think WWE can win. People say it's stale and staid and needs mixing it up, then they make big fuck off changes (The HHH replacing Vince one is fuhooking massive) and it's still shit. I'm honestly starting to think some people have some kind of sadistic tendency were they only watch wrestling to not enjoy it and then moan about it.

I agree reading this and some other Raw threads and even some MITB ones it looks like some ppl must tape them and watch them over and over again until they can find something to moan about.

Archived