DDP says go get your money back 1PW fans ... bang

IANdrewDiceClay

This is for Danny Rodd, lets see if he can ignore the negative and pick up the positive for a change:

Fucking hell, 4 days away from the biggest weekender, 1PW have done in an age and only 8 matches announced over the 3 days, and mostly featuring UK guys we can see in the local WMC or sports hall, no disrespect to them cause they always end up saving the day when the imports don't show up, phone it in or are booked in a shit match/angle, but its hardly enough to get me excited. No hype or write ups to build the excitement and anticipation like in the old days, say what you want about Gauntley, he could do that when he was promoter pretty well.

I really hope you've flyered the shit out of the show locations because the online promotion is the laziest shite I've ever seen in the companies 6 years of existence.

You had alot to prove to wrestling fans in 2011 and you seemingly couldn't be arsed on the professional view of things. Even the Facebook wall is full of people demanding to know who's on the show, something no one seems clear on (your post a few hours ago is the closest I've seen to knowing myself), people asking for the umpteenth time where their refund is or when will they get their tickets sent and what do they get, some fan in charge of the page shining them on with 'Soon' and 'Its getting sorted' every damn day

Tickets are meant to be mailed out today, so best hope is they arrive 1 or 2 days beforehand, not much allowance for error, I can already see people being told to print off their pay pal receipts cause their tickets never showed up and its too late to sort it out.

As for the imports, that whole scenario has been well covered here and we can only hope the few that are still coming make it over. No one seems to know whether X-Pac is coming or not. And the twitter war with SJK is totally retarded if its legit and if its a work and he turns up as the 3rd member of the Manhattan Project then its sort of given the game away.

Judging by the facts, you couldn't afford to pay half the imports advertised to actually come over, the accusations that Basix Wrestling have been pulling down the posters in Deeside (maybe as a future excuse for a flop attendence but a bit underhand if they have but then so is trying to pull guys off the NBW Southside show by falsely promising them titles and matches against imports), and giving tickets away as BOGOF lately, I can only assume ticket sales haven't been very good.

And after I asked several UK wrestlers 2 weeks ago if they were on the show to find some positive news to report (which to be fair I have passed on if there was any before you pass me off as a hater), most had no idea if they were on or were asked so late they'd taken a booking elsewhere. Not very organised is it since this show has been publicly advertised since January.

It saddens me to turn down the chance to meet Nash & HBK cause I don't trust you or the promotion one bit.

So rather than dismiss my post totally take the criticism and correct yourself for future shows or just ignore me but at least go to a Mark Sloan show thread, see how he does it and copy that to the best of your ability, you're trying to sell us tickets here not put us off ever going to a 1PW show which is what you are doing.

I hope for everyone that's bought tickets sakes that this is successful and the lazy promoter doesn't get caught with his pants down, ooop too late.

Uselesspromoterplussluts.jpg

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Is there still a link to this crying boy post?

While it doesn't look like it was ever quoted in the 1PW thread, this post goes to show how delusional Gauntley was.

A bit late to this thread, I know, but it should be pointed out that it was exactly this post, and many others like it Gauntley churned out, that got him his hardcore fanbase. The only thing 1PW ever impressed me with was their apparent ability to create some bizarre, almost ECW-esque sense of camaraderie and "solidarity" amongst its fans, and an equally strong bond between the fans and the promotion.

Everything else just seemed like wasteful shite to me, but I must admit: if I were a promoter, I'd be willing to take the potential hit of a few disgusted, smarter fans (as in actually smarter, not as in "smart" to the business) to get a fanbase like that. Seriously, I've said enough times that WWE's greatest asset is its brand recognition, and the nearest a promoter can ever hope to come to that after them is to build up a brand loyalty based on some other kind of intangible, like ECW being rebellious, or, in 1PW's case, being something which Gauntley touted as being "fan-built". Yes, it was disturbing to see such cult-like behaviour in those guys, but you know what? They'd have either grown out of it eventually, or they'd have been fans for life, during which time they'd have brought new fans to the table.

More importantly, they'd unquestioningly and unfailingly shell out sacks of cash for any old shite such a promoter would be selling - provided that they didn't know it was shite, of course. Which is clearly where 1PW have gone wrong - they've put out shite that hasn't smelt or looked like roses, it's smelt and looked like shite, and even mongs won't lick a turd twice. Well, most mongs.

Should also point out that, to be fair, there was ONE period when 1PW wasn't going in the direction of destroying its rep, and that's when it was run by Dragon Aisu Dan and El Ligero, and one other guy whose name I forget (sorry, dude, whoever you are - wasn't intentional). It all seemed to go to fuckery when they handed it over to Rodd.

While it doesn't look like it was ever quoted in the 1PW thread, this post goes to show how delusional Gauntley was.

Should also point out that, to be fair, there was ONE period when 1PW wasn't going in the direction of destroying its rep, and that's when it was run by Dragon Aisu Dan and El Ligero, and one other guy whose name I forget (sorry, dude, whoever you are - wasn't intentional). It all seemed to go to fuckery when they handed it over to Rodd.

That would be John Cameron/Cameron Kraze.

• Paid Members

That would be John Cameron/Cameron Kraze.

So it was. God, my memory's going to shit. Jon's an ace bloke.

Just got this email from 1PW

It is with regret 1PW Management announce the decision to cancel our Unconventional Event for Sunday the 29th of May.

The decision was not an easy one to make however there has been a significantly lesser interest in this event than 1PW had originally hoped. From a business standpoint it is simply not feasible for us to go ahead with the event with and as we are determined to avoid mistake from the past, this is the decision we have regrettably had to make. We knew it would be a tough one to sell, given the little promoting time we had.

We do appreciate that some fans who have already purchased tickets will be disappointed but can happily claim your refund from the various ticket outlets used to purchase them. We WILL be returning to Swindon however on September 25th 2011 for a very EXTREME Show. We will also honour tickets for this Sunday at that event if you so choose. The Fan Favourites Autograph Signing is STILL on during the day in Swindon

While we are obviously dissapointed, we have now doubled our efforts to making the Friday and Saturday events as memorable as possible. A healthy presale for both shows and a line up fit to wet the appetite of any BritWres fan, the weekend still promises to a memorable one.

In Closing, Refunds are ready right now! Email Sales@oneprowrestling.com and your Order Number if tickets were purchased on the 1PW Website, Contact the Swindon Dome Box office if purchased from there.

Well i don't care too much as i wasn't going but this certainly can't be a good thing for the future of 1PW cancelling 5 days before the show

• Paid Members

I think this is inexcusable. As a promoter myself (not wrestling but the principle remains the same) the absolute basic is that you have enough cash to run the show & pay everyone their full fee even if you've only sold one ticket. I wonder if the talent will still be paid for this? I certainly hope so.

I think this is inexcusable. As a promoter myself (not wrestling but the principle remains the same) the absolute basic is that you have enough cash to run the show & pay everyone their full fee even if you've only sold one ticket. I wonder if the talent will still be paid for this? I certainly hope so.

at what point in that post did you find the words mentioned we don't have the money to do it? - there wasn't. its simple. we are not putting on a show that has only pre sold under 100 tickets. we're not putting on shows to lose money.

You do realise what the general opinion will be of a promotion who pull shows with days to go though, don't you? What if any of those pre-sales had paid for travel? Booked time off work etc?

Sorry mate, but it's bad business. Makes you look like an amateur to be honest.

I don't understand why you tried to run Swindon anyway. You complained about Doncaster being too far to travel to promote the 4th Anniversary Show, blaming that on the attendance. Swindon is double if not triple the distance, plus theres another company running shows there regularly.

• Paid Members

at what point in that post did you find the words mentioned we don't have the money to do it? - there wasn't. its simple. we are not putting on a show that has only pre sold under 100 tickets. we're not putting on shows to lose money.

Then that makes it even worse! Your acts/talent pulls out & the show gets cancelled, it sucks but it's understandable. The venue screws up & the show gets cancelled, annoying but out of your control. It sucks but it's understandable. Show gets cancelled because promoter didn't do his/her part of the job & actually promote the show, resulting in poor ticket sales...that's the promoter's fault & the promoter should take the hit. Cancelling shows because a half arsed promoting job was done is poor form & amateurish.

Archived