DDP says go get your money back 1PW fans ... bang

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For a shameless self publicisist nash's lack of shills on twitter for this show should be telling a few people something?...

He's currently busy questioning whether he should return to TNA, isn't he? With that on his mind, Scott Hall still ill, I have very little doubt that at the end of the month 'unavoidable circumstances' will lead to him not showing.

Oh, and whoever said Lynsky had quit 1PW (either in this thread or another, i forget now) is wrong. Spoke to Steve today, and he is still with the company. He's just as pissed as everyone else that Danny left the company in the hands of 2 mongs to pay for everything whilst he swanned off on holiday, when Lynsky could have handled it all himself and had no issues.

LOL-PW has always been somewhat of a joke, regardless of who was running it.

Whether it was the:

- ridiculously long shows

- late door-opening times

- stupidly late finishing times

Happens at IPW:UK all the time, or at least used to. Doesn't make them a bad company by any stretch of the imagination.

I have been attending IPW:UK for the past year now and gone to all their sittingbourne shows bar one, they have all started on time, at a decent hour meaning they finish at a decent hour 8:30 - 9. Shows are up to 3 hours including intermission and what not. Just to clear that up

I've only missed one IPW in show in over a year and have always been run great and imports have turned up , have to be honest I wasn't sure if London was gonna arrive but was so glad that he did :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
For a shameless self publicisist nash's lack of shills on twitter for this show should be telling a few people something?...

Does the Britwres!~ Perez Hilton have something he wants to share with the class?

Just to clarify - if the show not starting for an hour or so no longer happens at IPW:UK then I'm very pleased. I genuinely didn't know if it still did, so I'm glad to hear it doesn't; was just making the point that it wasn't something exclusive to the old 1PW.

Just to clarify - if the show not starting for an hour or so no longer happens at IPW:UK then I'm very pleased. I genuinely didn't know if it still did, so I'm glad to hear it doesn't; was just making the point that it wasn't something exclusive to the old 1PW.

Oh this is going to sound like the worst, but since Amerch started working with IPW properly, the shows have started on time all bar once. It's something that is a absolute priority and many of their regular fans can atest to that.

IPW management likes to give the fans their monies worth and then some, the shows are longer than the average show, but that is by design, I personally (and not speaking out of turn) would like to see the shows shorter, but when your ticket sales are increasing just about every show then who can argue as the bottom line is, if you are presenting a product that fans wish to buy then the more that do, the better it is doing

I wish I had a picture to hand of the Noah influenced show last year where the seperate bar area was full and it was standing room everywhere there were so many people they moved the merchandise table into the bar and I actually thought they were going to colapse the table to fit more people in!

• Paid Members
- ridiculously long shows

- late door-opening times

- stupidly late finishing times

Happens at IPW:UK all the time, or at least used to. Doesn't make them a bad company by any stretch of the imagination.

...and they were rightfully criticised for it. Doesn't in itself spoil a show, but definitely adds to a bad experience.

- originally advertised talent pulling out before the shows

Has happened to virtually every promotion in the UK, American talent or otherwise.

True but, again, adds to the overall experience.

- blindly loyal group of cult-like mongs that followed them

Yes, because creating a fanbase is a failing...? Carbomb makes the point that people at least gave a fuck about 1PW and what it was, prior to the massive cockups. They had some solid shows and built up a loyal following who they then proceeded to completely and utterly ruin with their lies etc, but for you to have a go at people for following something they truly enjoyed is madness. Triple X managed to create a similar atmosphere as far as passion for the promotion goes, but I wouldn't call their fans 'cult-like mongs'. Stupid.

There's nothing wrong with creating a passionately loyal fanbase. It should be commended. I've even said enough times on here myself that the following they created was impressive. What was downright funny to those looking on, where the 1PW fans did themselves no favours, was how they were blindly loyal. They wouldn't accept any criticism of their product, however justified it might be. They just couldn't understand that someone might not like what 1PW was offering, mocking them as if something was wrong with them. All the stuff such as the "Thank You Steven" chants, the "Book of Thanks", the One-Pee-Dub chants (what the fuck is a 'dub'?!?), etc all created an image of a 1PW fan which was funny. The post from that guy on the day 1PW closed down originally, where he talked about his mum pulling him out of school and tears streaming down his keyboard as he typed was funny. You picked out Triple-X Wrestling, but that's a bad example, since I don't believe you could ever call them 'blindly loyal' or rejecting of criticism. The fan I've described above is pretty much the opposite of a Triple-X attendee which, as you rightly point out, is not a cult-like mong.

- endless stream of pointless exhibition matches

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean. If Dan Edler promotes Bryan Danielson vs. PAC in full knowledge that come his next show, neither Bryan Danielson nor PAC is going to be able to attend, does that make it a 'pointless exhibition'?

Again, a bad example. Cobystag already made the point that the match was somewhat of a hangover/rescue from the Pro Wrestling Octane shows originally planned for that weekend but, also, the bout was presented to IPW:UK attendees that this was the real test for the man whose career they'd seen develop and grow to come back an international talent and test himself against the benchmark, the so-called "Best in the World". People had a reason to be interested in the match due to the way the characters were portrayed and what the match was supposed to mean. With the early 1PW events, it was more like "Here is [insert random US indy name #1], and here is [insert random indy name #2). We may as well put them in a match against each toher because we've got fuck all idea about what else to do with them." There was no point to any of the matches. It didn't matter who was fighting, it didn't matter why they were fighting, it didn't matter who won or lost, it didn't matter how they did it. It didn't give anyone a reason to care about what the wrestlers were actually doing. That's what I mean by pointless exhibition matches. You could have a bout between 2 imports or 2 guys with seemingly no agenda, but the promotion can still make it actually meaningful and giving it a purpose, even if it is something like "the winner will get future bookings here, the loser probably won't", fighting over a ranking system, or giving it a backstory or friction between the characters which gives them reason to want to beat the other and, thus, a reason for fans to understand and care about what's happening in the ring other than "ooo, what a move" and chant "this is awesome (clap clap clapclapclap)".

There's nothing wrong with creating a passionately loyal fanbase. It should be commended. I've even said enough times on here myself that the following they created was impressive. What was downright funny to those looking on, where the 1PW fans did themselves no favours, was how they were blindly loyal. They wouldn't accept any criticism of their product, however justified it might be. They just couldn't understand that someone might not like what 1PW was offering, mocking them as if something was wrong with them. All the stuff such as the "Thank You Steven" chants, the "Book of Thanks", the One-Pee-Dub chants (what the fuck is a 'dub'?!?), etc all created an image of a 1PW fan which was funny. The post from that guy on the day 1PW closed down originally, where he talked about his mum pulling him out of school and tears streaming down his keyboard as he typed was funny.
While I don't really disagree with Ben, as a former 1PW forum visitor, I can say with 100% certainty that not all 1PW fans were 'blindly loyal' There were lots of different factions and feuds on there. Sure there were the people Ben describes, the ones that didn't know about all the dirt or that went on to be 1PW employees (mostly unpaid) or trainees that thought the sun shone out of Gauntley's arse, but there were many critical fans. Some people/daily forum posters wrote scathing reviews of shows and then had their posts deleted shortly after, Cobystag up there was always critical of shows and often found himself painted as a villain for doing so by some. Even Adam Curtis got offered a job after blasting the company via the forum. There was often arguments between the 'Smark' faction and the 'employee/trainee' faction especially after Muta-gate. I recall the kid who cried, I believe he was a family friend of Gauntley's rather than a huge mark but he was mocked for his over-reaction. So really just wanted to point out that not everyone on the 1PW forum were cult like mongs, it was often censored to make the negative disappear by deleting posts, threads and once even 2 entire boards (yes thats the equivalent of Neil deleting the classifieds board and the main board to cover up a scandal, if you want a context). In the end all the fans had gone and all that was left were the smart fans that knew all the dirt and weren't gonna take no shit plus the people that were owed money from the end of the Gauntley era and constantly posted about it, so they shut the whole forum down. Now they have a new set of cult like mongs bumming the Facebook page and if anyone says anything deemed negative its deleted and they are blocked.

Is there still a link to this crying boy post?
Sadly as I stated above the whole main forum was deleted after that period and had to be restarted from scratch and the whole forum was shut down after Rodd took over. He did start a new one but it was a huge failure.

There's nothing wrong with creating a passionately loyal fanbase. It should be commended. I've even said enough times on here myself that the following they created was impressive. What was downright funny to those looking on, where the 1PW fans did themselves no favours, was how they were blindly loyal. They wouldn't accept any criticism of their product, however justified it might be. They just couldn't understand that someone might not like what 1PW was offering, mocking them as if something was wrong with them. All the stuff such as the "Thank You Steven" chants, the "Book of Thanks", the One-Pee-Dub chants (what the fuck is a 'dub'?!?), etc all created an image of a 1PW fan which was funny. The post from that guy on the day 1PW closed down originally, where he talked about his mum pulling him out of school and tears streaming down his keyboard as he typed was funny.
While I don't really disagree with Ben, as a former 1PW forum visitor, I can say with 100% certainty that not all 1PW fans were 'blindly loyal' There were lots of different factions and feuds on there. Sure there were the people Ben describes, the ones that didn't know about all the dirt or that went on to be 1PW employees (mostly unpaid) or trainees that thought the sun shone out of Gauntley's arse, but there were many critical fans. Some people/daily forum posters wrote scathing reviews of shows and then had their posts deleted shortly after, Cobystag up there was always critical of shows and often found himself painted as a villain for doing so by some. Even Adam Curtis got offered a job after blasting the company via the forum. There was often arguments between the 'Smark' faction and the 'employee/trainee' faction especially after Muta-gate. I recall the kid who cried, I believe he was a family friend of Gauntley's rather than a huge mark but he was mocked for his over-reaction. So really just wanted to point out that not everyone on the 1PW forum were cult like mongs, it was often censored to make the negative disappear by deleting posts, threads and once even 2 entire boards (yes thats the equivalent of Neil deleting the classifieds board and the main board to cover up a scandal, if you want a context). In the end all the fans had gone and all that was left were the smart fans that knew all the dirt and weren't gonna take no shit plus the people that were owed money from the end of the Gauntley era and constantly posted about it, so they shut the whole forum down. Now they have a new set of cult like mongs bumming the Facebook page and if anyone says anything deemed negative its deleted and they are blocked.

I miss those days! :(

Archived