DDP says go get your money back 1PW fans ... bang

IANdrewDiceClay

Oh, and Lionheart implied he'd beat me up if he ever had the "pleasure" of meeting me. Does that make him tough, or a tosser? Discuss.

He has gotta look tough in front of the boys.

Which is EXACTLY why he gets wound up when being accused of being a money mark.

Money marks make the indie world go round, so instead of a badge of dishonor I say thank you Lionhart.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And as per the 1PW thread in the UK wrestling events section:

Colt Cabana's twitter.

Sorry England. I will not be coming over to England for 1PW in May. We'll try again in October #TrainingInAugThough

But Dan White, UK talent agent extraordinaire, has said Kid Kash is definitely still coming......

Colt Cabana's twitter.

Sorry England. I will not be coming over to England for 1PW in May. We'll try again in October #TrainingInAugThough

But Dan White, UK talent agent extraordinaire, has said Kid Kash is definitely still coming......

what rock did he crawl out from underneath?

explains why they wouldn't answer the question about who was doing their work permits

• Paid Members

Colt Cabana's twitter.

what rock did he crawl out from underneath?

explains why they wouldn't answer the question about who was doing their work permits

Dan White can't do the work permits so it's not him.

To be fair to Dan White if you ignore the whole situation between him, Steven Gauntley and Kennedy (Which is well documented) Anyone that Dan White has advertised as coming to 1PW (when he was part of the management) and anyone he has said he is bringing to the country and gotten bookings for when he was an agent HAVE ALWAYS TURNED UP!

The reason that he can confirm that Kid Kash is still over is that Kid Kash contacted Dan to arrange the booking with 1PW as it is Kash himself that is coming to country completley seperate from 1PW, they are not bringing him at all.

looks like its all been a miscommunication

One Pro Wrestling

all i know is Danny spent over 12hours in a internet cafe yesterday sorting stuff out. speaking with Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Nash and so on. there does seem to have been a big lack of communication somewhere, and its now becoming pretty clear on all sides where this was. thats all i was told. so for now, i would try not to keep on putting 2 + 2 together and coming back with 5. as no one knows whats going on behind the scenes now apart from Adam & Danny, but its a lot more positive then everyone is making out on here by all accounts

better dust off my credit card

• Paid Members
i would try not to keep on putting 2 + 2 together and coming back with 5

With a reputation like 1PW has, and then to get word as people did with no professional clarification for so long it's no wonder people react as they did to be fair.

• Paid Members

Well I hope it gets sorted out for those who have bought tickets, yes, some people were burnt in the past and still put trust in certain promotions, but not everyone has previos experience. I know of 3 people (not personal friends but newly met) who have bought tickets to the event, non of which have bought tickets to large uk shows before, also, non of which frequent forums, point being, not everyone who puts trust in to a company selling them tickets to a show with advertised names, have had previous experience with said promotions.

It's a shame that things have become messy, at least from what we all seem to be reading on advertised stars twitters etc, I just hope for those in attendance, it's worth their coin and effort.

Surely it's time to sack 1PW off for good now? I mean really, this has gone too far. It just cannot be worth it any more. Same goes for when Gauntley comes back later on this year - just don't do it to yourselves, never mind the talent/paying public.

Well I hope it gets sorted out for those who have bought tickets, yes, some people were burnt in the past and still put trust in certain promotions, but not everyone has previos experience. I know of 3 people (not personal friends but newly met) who have bought tickets to the event, non of which have bought tickets to large uk shows before, also, non of which frequent forums, point being, not everyone who puts trust in to a company selling them tickets to a show with advertised names, have had previous experience with said promotions.

That was the genius of the current incarnation. Most of the "OMG Davey Richards!" people are well aware of 1PW's shadiness, so they pretended to have booked wrestlers who appeal to a much larger, more casual crowd that won't have heard anything of 1PW before. And they still announced Davey Richards anyway, just for the more gullible "OMG Davey Richards!" people who would believe claims it was all genuine now.

• Paid Members

I personally had a go at the previous owner of 1pw for failed attempts at shows, although even this time round i thought "Well i'll see if they can pull of the first few shows, and see how it goes".

But again as we see its come to this. I'm unsure why promoters (or people generally) think the 1pw name still has any "Worth". I mentioned in another thread that its becoming that pub that keep re-opening in the local town that gets worse and worse each time.

Archived