DDP says go get your money back 1PW fans ... bang

IANdrewDiceClay

I'm not sure there are many other industries where such ridiculous business acumen could be displayed, yet constantly be given another shot.

And we wonder why people think British wrestling is a joke? With guys like these running the show?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure there are many other industries where such ridiculous business acumen could be displayed, yet constantly be given another shot.

And we wonder why people think British wrestling is a joke? With guys like these running the show?

to be fair there are loads, banking, oil, football, sport stars any remit that involves celebrity, nearly all major business have a checkered history with often much more sinister goings on.

the only real difference is that none of them in britwres have managed to become so successful that we forgive/ignore their past

Dozens of local councils, hence why they're been cut because of their spendalot attitudes and ridiculous overstaffing.

The point stands though, proper businesses wouldn't get this may chances and Britwres~ is a laughing stock on the world stage, and local stage.

• Paid Members

LOL-PW has always been somewhat of a joke, regardless of who was running it.

Whether it was the:

- ridiculously long shows

- late door-opening times

- stupidly late finishing times

- originally advertised talent pulling out before the shows

- their international talent relations efforts

- blindly loyal group of cult-like mongs that followed them

- crazy over-the-top money paid to all talent in the early days

- failure to book flights

- failure to pay talent

- falling out with venues

- endless stream of pointless exhibition matches

- attitude and arrogance of owners towards the very audience that would be their key market

- cancelled shows

- their 'academy'

Dozens of local councils, hence why they're been cut because of their spendalot attitudes and ridiculous overstaffing.

The point stands though, proper businesses wouldn't get this may chances and Britwres~ is a laughing stock on the world stage, and local stage.

I knew either Yoghurt or Happ would bring the cuts into the discussion here! :laugh:

Are you sure it's not Labour who are to blame for this 1PW fiasco?

Just out of curiosity I came across the following interview from two years ago:

http://wrestlehustle.com/news.php?extend.634.4

and a press release by the 1PW promoter from last year:

http://www.britanniawrestling.co.uk/forum/topic.php?id=669

So it seems the 1PW promoter isn't a veteran, a businessman or atleast a former wrestler, it's a 22 year old who started out a few years ago backstage as a volunteer for 1PW. I'm not surpised by all this mess anymore. He had some success in the past and many failures. Just a case of a mark trying to be Vince McMahon, I guess...

My friends and I have decided to stay at home. I hope everything turns out good for the fans, wrestlers and other promotions.

Just out of curiosity I came across the following interview from two years ago:

http://wrestlehustle.com/news.php?extend.634.4

and a press release by the 1PW promoter from last year:

http://www.britanniawrestling.co.uk/forum/topic.php?id=669

So it seems the 1PW promoter isn't a veteran, a businessman or atleast a former wrestler, it's a 22 year old who started out a few years ago backstage as a volunteer for 1PW. I'm not surpised by all this mess anymore. Just a case of a mark trying to be Vince McMahon, I guess...

My friends and I have decided to stay at home. I hope everything turns out good for the fans, wrestlers and other promotions.

As somebody already stated its somebody who is unemployed, living at home with his parents.

Makes you wonder what pays for his holidays?

Well owning a ltd company doesn't take much more than getting it registered. It doesn't magically give you a wage.

It does give you a chat-up line to use down the pub however.

I've got a mate who was the official MD of his dad's dodgy car dealership, in name only and purely for legal (or illegal) reasons. He still listed it on his facebook and used to say "I own a car dealership now" to people from school he bumped into. Anyway it went tits up and the dad had to get a job at Carphone Warehouse.

Archived