DDP says go get your money back 1PW fans ... bang

IANdrewDiceClay

Everybody deserves a voice right?

That being said as I'm sure 1PW won't post this here this is a transcript taken from Danny Rodd's FB page of the interview Dave Bradshaw conducted with him for FSM that the Editor allegedly wasn't happy with so it won't be getting published.

The 1PW / FSM Interview

This is the "interview" conducted" by Dave Bradshaw to The Team of 1PW, its since come to light that it will NOT be published as The Editor was less then pleased about how unprofessional in which the questions were asked. while i agree, i still took the time to answer. so i feel it should be shared. Bradshaw: On Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman: what exactly happened? Nash tweeted that he wasn

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have no problem with it being posted here. but make it readable :) its been online since May 5th - since parts of this have been published now in FSM here is the full interview. warts and all.

This is the "interview" conducted" by Dave Bradshaw to The Team of 1PW, its since come to light that it will NOT be published as The Editor was less then pleased about how unprofessional in which the questions were asked. while i agree, i still took the time to answer. so i feel it should be shared,.

Bradshaw: On Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman: what exactly happened? Nash tweeted that he wasn’t going to come to the show, and then you claimed it was a mistake with the transfer of the money. Now both of them seem to be saying they’re not coming. So what happened and what’s their status now? (I plan on saying that you cancelled Scott Hall due to his health problems – please let me know if that’s inaccurate)

Danny: Both saying they are not coming? See, this is one of the issues with people and the internet. As a wrestling promoter, the internet is very much a double edged sword. People will pick up on the negatives right away and run and run with it. Yes, Kevin Nash initially tweeted that he wasn’t coming due to having not been paid, but I contacted him immediately to resolve the issue and within 12 hours Nash retweeted that he was coming and the problem had occurred because we had the incorrect payment details. And yet, somehow, everyone seems to have missed that second tweet? Put simply, the “issue” was that I used to use Ben Auld from NBW Southside to transfer all international money. Ben works for Barclays Bank and can transfer the money for free. However after the “fall out” I used my own bank, anyway. About a month before the original Nash tweet, I sent $4000 to his bank account from my own personal bank account. The actual email with Nash’s details stated, and I quote: “Not sure if this is all the right stuff, but I got this from my bank”. Anyway, it all seemed fine from my side, and I had the routing number and confirmation, so, as far as I was concerned, the money was sent. A few days later, though, my bank called. The money hadn’t transferred as one of the numbers didn’t match up. I emailed Nash immediately to ask him to check the details, and in response got: “Ah, I don’t know then, just send me a cheque” .So a cheque was sent immediately. Ten days later, Nash tweets that. Regarding Sean Waltman; he has not replied to anyone from 1PW since our last PM. He asked for my side of the story about the Venis stuff, and that’s the last I heard. Could this all have been handled better? Of course, but these are some of the problems you face with bringing in international talent. The response from various sides was certainly disappointing, but what were we supposed to do - cancel the bookings? Where would that have left us?

Bradshaw: Same question with regard to Road Dogg and Billy Gunn. They seem to be saying on Twitter that they’re not coming and are now available for bookings. So what’s the deal?

Danny: I initially emailed Road Dogg a few times and got nothing at all back, but then Waltman said he would do it after all. That was that. I found out just like everyone else the other day when Dogg tweeted that Lynskey called him and said Dogg was not aware of the booking. Apparently, he said: “Sean said we might have a booking in the UK months ago, but he never confirmed it”. Now it’s all been sorted, as you may well have saw from Road Dogg’s own tweets a few days ago. He is 100% 1PW-bound.

Bradshaw: Around the time when this DDP thing was happening you claimed that another promotion was trying to sabotage a 1PW show. Can you elaborate on this?

Danny: Yes, I can. Basix Wrestling in Wales were seemingly furious that 1PW was going to be running in what they deem to be ‘their’ territory. I, along with 1PW’s financial backers, had sent many emails, text messages and used the contact forms on the group’s website to try and get in touch with their owner, Mike, but we got no reply. I even went to one of his still-advertised training centres, only to be told that they hadn’t trained there for months. A few people have said that he just responds sporadically, but I wanted to make every effort to let him know we were planning to run Deeside, and to ask if he would he be interested in having the afternoon spot on the day for his company. The thing is; if you can’t get hold of the guy, how can we possibly negotiate on things like this? The next thing I head about it all was when I attended a show run by a different promotion in February and got chatting to two fellow promoters. Both said how Vindictive Mike can be, and how he was going to make it impossible for me to run in Wales. So, we did a tester and we put a few posters up, and within a day they were ripped down. As it stands I don’t have proof it was him, but as he did say to other people “I will rip down every poster they have”, I think you’d agree that it does seem somewhat suspicious. The banners we put out Deeside lasted about a week before they were cut off during the evening. This is all on camera and with the police now

Bradshaw: Val Venis tweeted Nash and Waltman to say you’re a “scumbag” after what happened to him last year. What’s that all about?

Danny: I Had him booked for The New Divide, I then decided to cancel the booking for a number of reasons which I’m not going to go into here. We obviously agreed he could keep his half of the fee, which he already had, and as far as we were concerned that was that. He then demanded I send him the rest of the fee, plus other monies on top. Naturally, I refused, and that was the last I heard of it. Yes, Sean made some comments on Twitter, but we made a professional decision, compensated the guy fairly and it’s history to me.

Bradshaw: You seem to have become something of a laughing stock on the fan forums. In response to one post, you replied “I don’t need to justify myself. Doubt all you want, makes no difference to me.” Given that these people are a large part of your core audience, how will you regain their trust? And do you think your response to their comments suggests the right kind of attitude towards your customers?

Danny: Let’s face facts: UKFF members are hardly a key part of our audience. 8/10 of the posters on the UKFF are bitter workers or failed promoters. I can name workers and promoters on there who claim to be regular posters or just “fans”. It’s a bitter, negative place that genuinely seems to do more harm than good to the industry. But, whilst I could go on and on about that, in the grand scheme of things UKFF members only really represent about five percent of our audience. The genuine customers happily get in touch with us through the contact form on the website, ring us up, or email us. Most UKFF members are not genuine customers to many promotions. There is another promoter out there who seems to be more of a laughing stock then anyone, but does he rise to it? Does he take it to heart? Nope. That’s the route 1PW is taking, and we have been for a while now. Let them say, speculate and post what they want, no matter what I say or other people say, they will always believe what they want to believe. Nobody will be able to change that, but facts are facts: there’s an eight-page thread on the UKFF at the moment claiming that HBK, Nash and Waltman aren’t coming, and yet there is evidence posted by all three in the public domain that they most certainly are coming. You do the math. That Question is also quite ironic, given FSMs opinion on these very same Forums?

Bradshaw: When the problems with 1PW happened last year, at least one roster member told us that one of the main things that was particularly annoying was that while you had stopped responding to messages and apparently had no money to pay talent, there were still pictures of you partying hard and having a good time, clearly spending lots of money. Now similar accusations are spreading about you being in Scotland and New Zealand on holidays. What’s your response to those criticisms?

Danny: What difference does it make what I do in my personal life? I know after The New Divide, I had a total of four nights out, two of which were family weddings! Am I not allowed to see my girlfriend on her birthday? You know, it’s incredibly frustrating – not only for me, but for everyone behind the scenes at 1PW. Like everybody else, I have a normal job outside of the promotion but put huge amounts of my own money and time into the company to make it work. I bust my ass bringing in talent that most other British promoters can only dream of. I’m working hard to change the image not only of 1PW, but of British wrestling in general, and then something like this happens and it’s back to square one with mudslinging and unnecessary personal insults. In many ways, we’re in the same position as FSM is: we’re making a fresh start, rebranding and trying to make the whole thing bigger and better than ever before, but that requires people to actually give us a chance and not jump on the first bit of negative news and assume that nothing has changed after all. Yes, 1PW made mistakes in the past, but we’ve learned the hard way and have completely turned the company around. For me, it’s incredibly disheartening that I’ve gone to such great lengths to line up some amazing shows and talent for this year and all of this has followed. But, whilst I’m disappointed with the reactions of certain parties, I’m not going to cancel bookings and disappoint the fans. In fact, I’ve gone to great lengths to do the opposite: As we speak, I’m in an internet caf

Fair play, while you're here, why not clear up a few things?

Who'se droppped out (ddp would appear to be gone, scott hall obviously, what's happening with rhyno, colt cabana etc?)

Who'se replacing them, do you have someone yet?

What's the actual matches?

I do think things are treated in an overly anti 1pw bias on here, but at the same time, the events next week - what's the line up and stuff?

Fair play, while you're here, why not clear up a few things?

Who'se droppped out (ddp would appear to be gone, scott hall obviously, what's happening with rhyno, colt cabana etc?)

Who'se replacing them, do you have someone yet?

What's the actual matches?

I do think things are treated in an overly anti 1pw bias on here, but at the same time, the events next week - what's the line up and stuff?

Most of its on the website & facebook mate. however.

On the shows:

Kevin Nash

Billy Gunn

Road Dogg

Rhino

Kid Kash

Krimson

Pac is making his 1PW Return

Bad Bones

Fight Club

The LDRS

Lionheart

Burridge

+ many more

Friday

Kid Kash Vs Valnabious Friday Night - NO DQ Anything is legal

Zack Sabre Jr Vs Lionheart

The Debut of The Manhattan Project.

Burridge Vs Jimmy Havoc

Saturday

The Outlaws (Dogg & Gunn) Vs FightClub

The LDRS Vs Pac & Mark Haskins

The Finals of the 1PW World Title (saw the new belts btw?)

+ Many more.

Sunday

Fight Club Vs The LDRS

but appearing is:

Kid Kash

Road Dogg

Billy Gunn

Krimson

+ More

1PW Belts - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2...118792311492248

The Picture does not do the world title justice.

Danny: Let’s face facts: UKFF members are hardly a key part of our audience. 8/10 of the posters on the UKFF are bitter workers or failed promoters.

That's not a fact. Unless fact means 'figment of your imagination'...

He's just trying to paint us as the villains in the piece. I've never been in a ring in any regard and spent

• Paid Members
Bloke kinda has a point, peopel were falling over themselves on here to jump on nash's tweets that he wasn't coming, and went very very quiet when he retweeted to say he was.

What did you expect people to say?, "Wow!, the star who 1PW have been advertising for months actually says he'll come now!. I better order my doublegoldplatinummeetandgreetphotov.i.p ticket package immediately".

It's 1PW. Until this show goes off without a hitch, and all the advertised stars show up, everyone (who isn't a complete moron) will be sceptical.

What did you expect people to say?, "Wow!, the star who 1PW have been advertising for months actually says he'll come now!. I better order my doublegoldplatinummeetandgreetphotov.i.p ticket package immediately". Yes. exactly that :laugh:

• Paid Members
There is another promoter out there who seems to be more of a laughing stock then anyone, but does he rise to it? Does he take it to heart? Nope.

Surely you're not talking about who I think you're talking about. He takes it to heart more than anyone else on here. That's why he pops up whenever his name is mentioned. In fact, that's why I'm not putting his name in this post right now, I don't want to somehow summon him through mentioning his name.

I haven't spoken personally with anyone else, but Road Dogg told me on May 19 that the terms of his deal (deposit etc) had not been met, and therefore he was not planning to be at the 1PW show. This echoed comments that he made to FSM earlier in the month.

For the record (although I considered it a private conversation before it was brought up here), I wrote to both Danny and 1PW PR to let them know I was unhappy with how some of the above questions were phrased. (It should be noted that I haven't checked the "interview text" above to make sure it matches my records, although I have no reason to doubt that it does.) To Danny's credit, he answered the questions with little complaint, and therefore there were never any plans to pull his responses from FSM, nor did I ever make any allusion that I would do so.

From the One Pro Wrestling Facebook Page

One Pro Wrestling

So FSM went ahead and published the article (that they said they wouldn't) and only chose to put a few quotes in from me? classy. they could have at least had the decency to put the entire interview up. lucky i have a copy of that very interview eh?

Brian Elliott

For some clarification regarding the interview with Danny Rodd in FSM, since it has been brought up here and elsewhere: I had a conversation with the writer in question regarding the tone of his e-mail to Danny, which I was unhappy about, after which I informed Danny and 1PW PR of my actions. However, considering Danny's thorough responses to the questions, and considering the importance of the information to 1PW fans, I felt it was fair to print the important sections of his responses, as any news outlet would do. For the same reasons, there was never any suggestion that Danny's responses would be pulled from FSM.

Those who have followed FSM since the change of editor in December 2010 will know that no other wrestling publication supports local promotions as much as FSM. That will continue to be the case throughout 2011 and beyond.

Archived