DDP says go get your money back 1PW fans ... bang

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Well owning a ltd company doesn't take much more than getting it registered. It doesn't magically give you a wage.

It does give you a chat-up line to use down the pub however.

I've got a mate who was the official MD of his dad's dodgy car dealership, in name only and purely for legal (or illegal) reasons. He still listed it on his facebook and used to say "I own a car dealership now" to people from school he bumped into. Anyway it went tits up and the dad had to get a job at Carphone Warehouse.

Literally phoned it in then, did he?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, and Lionheart implied he'd beat me up if he ever had the "pleasure" of meeting me. Does that make him tough, or a tosser? Discuss.

Anyone who has ever met Lionheart knows he's a fantastic wrestler and a real stand up guy.

Anyway, whether Nash/Outlaws/DDP show up or not, the uncertainty and lack of communication involved just further shows what a joke 1PW is.

I wouldn't buy a ticket in advance for 1PW. But anyone who has deserves to be kept informed about what they have PAID to see. 1PW abuses both it's wrestlers and their fans.

If Nash does show hope, hope he jackknifes Danny Rodd.

Anyone who has ever met Lionheart knows he's a fantastic wrestler

How would his milkman or newsagent know he's a fantastic wrestler?

Cause his milkman is Ken Patera and his newsagent is Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker. Right, rigggghhtttttttttt????????????

• Paid Members
Anyone who has ever met Lionheart knows he's a fantastic wrestler

How would his milkman or newsagent know he's a fantastic wrestler?

I'm sure it would have cropped up over a pint of semi or a copy of the daily express at some point.

LOL-PW has always been somewhat of a joke, regardless of who was running it.

Whether it was the:

- ridiculously long shows

- late door-opening times

- stupidly late finishing times

Happens at IPW:UK all the time, or at least used to. Doesn't make them a bad company by any stretch of the imagination.

- originally advertised talent pulling out before the shows

Has happened to virtually every promotion in the UK, American talent or otherwise.

- blindly loyal group of cult-like mongs that followed them

Yes, because creating a fanbase is a failing...? Carbomb makes the point that people at least gave a fuck about 1PW and what it was, prior to the massive cockups. They had some solid shows and built up a loyal following who they then proceeded to completely and utterly ruin with their lies etc, but for you to have a go at people for following something they truly enjoyed is madness. Triple X managed to create a similar atmosphere as far as passion for the promotion goes, but I wouldn't call their fans 'cult-like mongs'. Stupid.

- endless stream of pointless exhibition matches

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean. If Dan Edler promotes Bryan Danielson vs. PAC in full knowledge that come his next show, neither Bryan Danielson nor PAC is going to be able to attend, does that make it a 'pointless exhibition'?

When it comes to stuff like this:

- crazy over-the-top money paid to all talent in the early days

- failure to book flights

- failure to pay talent

- falling out with venues

- attitude and arrogance of owners towards the very audience that would be their key market

- cancelled shows

- their 'academy'

...there's no justifying it and I never would try. There's no denying that it all wraps up into a pretty shite package and to be honest I'd be pleased to see the 1PW name sacked off as it should've been a long time ago, but many of your points seem to be putting the boot in for the sake of doing so.

• Paid Members

Remember the old 1PW?! Fuck! That was worse than this bunch. I remember a rumour which lit the UKFF up that Christian was paid 20 grand for a two shows or something incredible like that. Dont know if that was true or not but I remember the forum collectively shitting themselves when they heard it. Bret Hart apparently got in the stupid money bracket as well. I can see why someone would be loyal to that though. If you lived in the Doncaster area and every month you got Bret Hart, Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles and the likes, you'd want it to continue as well. I remember saying at the time, if they brought over the Warrior or Randy Savage, I'd have been there like a shot.

And that's the one thing about 1PW, they have brought over some big names in the last few years. I've only been to one of their shows - the first ever one. It was such a good night and they made good on every person who was booked. Apart from Matt Hardy, who was replaced by Al Snow and Tommy f'n Dreamer, so I couldn't complain!

Whether it was the:

Happens at IPW:UK all the time, or at least used to. Doesn't make them a bad company by any stretch of the imagination.

I have been attending IPW:UK for the past year now and gone to all their sittingbourne shows bar one, they have all started on time, at a decent hour meaning they finish at a decent hour 8:30 - 9. Shows are up to 3 hours including intermission and what not. Just to clear that up

I totally second that. I've been going to IPW:UK shows for two years and can't remember an occasion that they have overrun to such a degree that 1PW have. I travel down from Liverpool on the day of the shows and drive back straight after and I'm usually home around half twelve.

I think Dingbat was just making a sweeping generalization, same as Hat Guy did in regards to the old incarnation of 1PW honestly.

But I can't recall stories of IPW:UK shows finishing at midnight, even way back when, but I do recall they did have some trouble with door opening times?

And to be honest the PAC/Danielson comparison would've been more apt, if that wasn't due to the fall out of the Octane shows. If that's the only time people can think of in regards to IPW:UK not using an import against a home grown star who will be there the next show, then IPW:UK aren't in the same field as 1PW 2006.

I get why HG posted initially, and I get Dingbat's response. Both have valid points, but to argue them now may result in a 1PW V1 vs IPW:UK of today argument, which just doesn't make sense nor would it ever come to any real conlusion.

Whether it was the:

I have been attending IPW:UK for the past year now and gone to all their sittingbourne shows bar one, they have all started on time, at a decent hour meaning they finish at a decent hour 8:30 - 9. Shows are up to 3 hours including intermission and what not. Just to clear that up

Or at least used to. That applies to the late door opening/show starting at least. The big difference with IPW was that their shows always started early, so even when they finished late it was still around 9 / 9.30.

Whether it was the:

Or at least used to. That applies to the late door opening/show starting at least. The big difference with IPW was that their shows always started early, so even when they finished late it was still around 9 / 9.30.

I've been too 2 1PW shows (2nd and 4th Anniversary). They both started at 7:30 and ended after midnight. I personally couldnt had cared less cause I either was in a car or had a hotel but for alot of people especially the kids for the sunday shows it sucked!.

Archived