DDP says go get your money back 1PW fans ... bang

IANdrewDiceClay

In regards to Shawn Micheals coming to the UK in October. If it were to go tits up on the 1PW front would the event that Mark Sloan has arranged in London still go ahead or would the event in London rely on things at 1PW going without a hitch?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
In regards to Shawn Micheals coming to the UK in October. If it were to go tits up on the 1PW front would the event that Mark Sloan has arranged in London still go ahead or would the event in London rely on things at 1PW going without a hitch?

Mark Sloan has went separately to Shawn Michaels' agents to organise the date in Oxford. So yes, if something were to happen One Pro Wrestling's side then A-Merchandise's booking would still be honoured.

• Paid Members
I sometimes wonder why up & coming British wrestling promoters don't look at what Sloan has done and basically try to replicate his business model? The guy seems to know the score.

Because they don't have the contacts he has? ;)

I'm sure he didn't start off with those contacts though, did he? He must have built up a good reputation through sound business practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgHvMFLcm4I (From 11 years ago)

Danny Rodd is "experience wise" NOW @ where Sloan was back then!

and

to bad the show got cancelled...

Forgive my possible misunderstanding, but I am not sure if you cite that video as a bad thing. The show we ran drew around 450-470 paid, I don't remember the exact number, we didn't have any no shows or any problems at all. The show was a huge success. Everything was done correctly from what I recall

I think that's what he was saying, Mark. That lack of experience is no excuse for Danny Rodd's antics when you were doing everything correctly at the same point in your career.

I wasn't sure. It's quite funny doing that with the Channel 4 guy, it was just him and the camera and there were some funny bits which I can't believe they didn't use and some strange bits they did, but that is TV for you!

Loads of little points in it which were funny when we look back or bits people didn't know which are chuckle worthy

Why anybody would want to watch a strange creature on TV was beyond me!

I think that's what he was saying, Mark. That lack of experience is no excuse for Danny Rodd's antics when you were doing everything correctly at the same point in your career.

I wasn't sure. It's quite funny doing that with the Channel 4 guy, it was just him and the camera and there were some funny bits which I can't believe they didn't use and some strange bits they did, but that is TV for you!

Im sure Steve Lynskey said in his shoot interview that he and the camera guy filming that show walked in on Guy Thunder getting....ahem, 'orally pleasured', by the delightful young blonde lady who was featured.

http://youtu.be/lpFaAYSQ2TA

Archived