Documentary Thread #2

Egg Shen

jonestown_film_landing.jpg

This sounds really fascinating. I'll give it a watch later. Cheers.

It's on Youtube for anyone interested;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQYoHiM-Uko

Fucks sake I was watching it just now and about 70 minutes in youtube decides that it simply doesn't want to work anymore (every other video I try including other 90+ minute videos work fine), I swear youtube is getting worse and worse as time goes by with videos randomly not working.

I fancy that Jonestown one.

I'm miles behind, obviously, but I finally got round to watching Senna. What an amazing story, amazing documentary, amazing footage. I had a proper blub at the end of it. I think Senna would have liked Alonso, and hated Vettel, of the modern breed.

When would he have retired, if he hadn't died? He was just about to go head to head with Schumacher's period of dominance, though that might have worked out quite different if he'd stayed around.

• Paid Members

Has Nick Broomfield ever actually made a good documentary? Strikes me that he's a useless twat who never seems to be able to get access to anything or anyone and never comes to any interesting conclusions in anything that he's ever done.

Is Spike Lee's Bad 25 any good? I noticed it finishing on BBC2 last night so went and found online but it looks a long bugger of a watch. Worth it?

I was raving about this at the time on Facebook. I didn't think it would be shown on the Iplayer but it did.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=Mich...n%3A%20BAD%2025

Some very rare footage that was filmed at the time of recording, rehearsing and shooting the music videos. Well worth a watch.

• Paid Members
Has Nick Broomfield ever actually made a good documentary? Strikes me that he's a useless twat who never seems to be able to get access to anything or anyone and never comes to any interesting conclusions in anything that he's ever done.

I remeber thinking the doc he did on Aileen Wuornos was brilliant, it's been ages since I saw it though. That's about it for me.

Going to watch that Jonestown doc tonight, sounds mental.

I'd recommend one called talhotblond.

It's hard to tell you too much about it without spoiling it, as it reveals things that I just didn't expect as it went on.

It's basically about a bloke that kills another bloke because of a woman he talks to on he Internet, that hes never met. But there's a bit more to it than that.

I wouldn't recommend reading up on it before watching. I caught it by accident on channel 4 some time ago, and it started off pretty average, but then I was thinking it was excellent by the end.

• Paid Members

he interviewed Wurnos extensively on Death Row, great documentary.

I like everything ive seen by Broomfield.

• Paid Members

he interviewed Wurnos extensively on Death Row, great documentary.

I like everything ive seen by Broomfield.

Really? I thought Kurt & Courtney was one of the worst documentaries I've ever seen.

I thought Kurt and Courtney was pretty poor too.

In other news, now watching that Jonestown documentary. One definite upside to the new Nintendo is the quality of the youtube app, watching this straight on my telly. Is very good so far, I'd actually forgotten that it all began in Indianapolis. Nobody there talked about it much when I lived there. Understandably.