Super Cena

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Day 12 - A game everyone should play

Game Everyone should play is simple

Global Defence Force (PS2)

Yes!! Absolutely brilliant, the best budget game ever and quite possibly my favorite PS2 game ever.

As for my pick...

250px-BoxartMI1front.jpg

In my opinion, the funniest game of all time. The script is spot on, and it's just brilliant to play, you want to find out what happens next and get totally involved in the story of Guybrush Threepwood. Given that it's available for peanuts on the iPhone there's really no reason to not give this game a go. I'd suggest to play it in "Classic" mode as opposed to the "Special Edition" if you do download it, but perhaps that's just personal preference.

Yes!! Absolutely brilliant, the best budget game ever and quite possibly my favorite PS2 game ever.

As for my pick...

250px-BoxartMI1front.jpg

In my opinion, the funniest game of all time. The script is spot on, and it's just brilliant to play, you want to find out what happens next and get totally involved in the story of Guybrush Threepwood. Given that it's available for peanuts on the iPhone there's really no reason to not give this game a go. I'd suggest to play it in "Classic" mode as opposed to the "Special Edition" if you do download it, but perhaps that's just personal preference.

Love the first one, but prefer the sequel.

• Paid Members

As for my pick...

250px-BoxartMI1front.jpg

Love the first one, but prefer the sequel.

Most people seem to, but I think the first game told a better story, and had a less silly sense of humour. That said, I still really liked the second game. Not so keen on what came after, though. Being a bit of a snob, since that didn't involve the creators I don't consider it canon anyway.

• Paid Members

Harvest-Moon-Back-to-Nature-B00004WKHO-L.jpg

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature

In a nutshell this game is a farming simulator, but it's so much more than that.

For one thing this game is highly addictive, as once you get started you want to keep tending to your crops so you can make more money to buy better crops and then use those proceeds to buy animals to make more money to continue buying crops in a viscous circle of addiction.

More than that there are loads of characters to interact with and relationships to cultivate and upgrades to your farm to make and festivals to take part in with mini games to play.

This game is one of the most fun I have ever played and I still go back to it now and again to continue with a farm I started about 3 years ago and when I do I get sucked straight back in again.

If you just give it a try you will soon become addicted and I give this my highest recommendation.

Apologies for not having the chance to update the thread yesterday, it won't happen again! :thumbsup: Cheers for keeping it going though.

A GAME YOU'VE PLAYED MORE THAN FIVE TIMES.

We'd be able to count on one hand the amount of games we've bought and not played at least five times, so we'll do this as 'games you've completed/played all the way through' at least five times.

Pokemon Blue, I'd say I've made it to the Elite 4 on more than five occasions, though I've not completed the Pokedex more than a couple of times - is that cheating?

Fifa 99, I restarted and started season after season on that game.

Colin Mcrae 2, easily. The same goes for the first Formula One game.

I'm getting the feeling that I'm posting the same games each day; hopefully that will change over the next couple of days.

James Bond - AGENT UNDER FIRE, yes I forgot about that gem! I've finished that more times than you could shake a stick at.

• Moderators

Completing games repeatedly was more impressive back in the day before save games. Also, more likely because there were less games about / I couldn't afford as many games.

Anyway, I'll go with the game I have completed the most amount of times - Super Mario Land on the Gameboy. I have completed this countless times, but I never did it in 1 Life despite my efforts :( . It was literally the only game I had on the Gameboy (though I only got the Gameboy in 2001, when I found it under the couch of my rented student acommodation).

supermarioland1_gb.JPG

None.

I don't get the ides of playing a game through more than once. Twice, maybe, but 5 times? Life's waaay to short.

So, the only game I've ever completed more than once was Portal, which I've played twice. And I guess I've "completed" a few different incarnations of Mario Kart over the years.

Erm,

Completed 5 times or more

Streets of Rage II/ Mercs would probably be my highest, not far of world record pace on either as a result :)

Gunstar Heroes

Global Defence Force

WWF Wrestlefest

WWF Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania

Fatal Fury/SF II

Championship Manager 2001/2 ( if you count winning everything)

and countless others where ive put the time in

Back in the day completing games, was all you had, games werent so available cheaply ( in terms of not having as much spending power for me so playing them to destruction was the nature of the beast irrespective of how 'bad' they were, because you had no other option other than to play them. I suspect If I really thought about it i could come up with some clunkers that have been beaten 5 times or more

• Paid Members

I think Target; Renegade is possibly the only game I've completed more than 5 times. I know I've done Bubble Bobble 3 times, but like others, when you've completed it, unless there's some hidden extra levels, there's no goal anymore.

Archived