30 Days of Gaming

Super Cena

NEW FORMAT

SEE POST #4

I've seen this on Facebook, as I'm sure you have too. You're meant to put an entry in per day but fuck that, just c&p your own. I'm not the biggest gamer ever so I'll no doubt have more fun reading your answers than doing my own. Enjoy.

*I'll post the blank list first and then edit with my answers.

Day 01 - Your first video game -

Day 02 - Your favourite character -

Day 03 - A game that is underrated -

Day 04 - Your guilty pleasure game -

Day 05 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were) -

Day 06 - Most annoying character -

Day 07 - Favourite game couple-

Day 08 - Best soundtrack -

Day 09 - Saddest game scene -

Day 10 - Best game play -

Day 11 - Gaming system of choice -

Day 12 - A game everyone should play -

Day 13 - A game you've played more than five times -

Day 14 - Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper -

Day 15 - Post a screen shot from the game you're playing right now -

Day 16 - Game with the best cut scenes -

Day 17 - Favourite antagonist -

Day 18 - Favourite protagonist -

Day 19 - Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in -

Day 20 - Favourite genre -

Day 21 - Game with the best story -

Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you -

Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style -

Day 24 - Favourite classic game -

Day 25 - A game you plan on playing -

Day 26 - Best voice acting -

Day 27 - Most epic scene ever -

Day 28 - Favourite game developer -

Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving-

Day 30 - Your favourite game of all time -

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Not much of a gamer myself, but I'll give it a go.

EDIT: *****My post, and I assume many other posts, is going to contain spoilers, so read on at your peril.*****

Day 01 - Your first video game - Super Mario Brothers.

Day 02 - Your favourite character - Sam Fisher

Day 03 - A game that is underrated - Manhunt

Day 04 - Your guilty pleasure game - Is there such a thing?

Day 05 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were) - Sam Fisher.

Day 06 - Most annoying character - Ashley in Resident Evil 4.

Day 07 - Favourite game couple - Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine.

Day 08 - Best soundtrack - GTA Vice City

Day 09 - Saddest game scene - When Dom kills his wife in Gears of War 2. A close second would be John Marston saying goodbye to his wife and son during the final showdown in Red Dead Redemption.

Day 10 - Best game play -

Day 11 - Gaming system of choice - xBox360

Day 12 - A game everyone should play - Fallout 3.

Day 13 - A game you've played more than five times - I assume games like Fifa, Mortal Kombat, Call of Duty and the like arent really included here, and more ones that are long, story based games. Not ones with immediate pick up and play, so; Metal Gear Solid. Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, 4. Splinter Cell: Convinction. Gears of War. Tomb Raider 2.

Day 14 - Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper - Red Dead Redemption.

Day 15 - Post a screen shot from the game you're playing right now -

Day 16 - Game with the best cut scenes - Resident Evil.

Day 17 - Favourite antagonist - Albert Wesker.

Day 18 - Favourite protagonist - Sam Fisher.

Day 19 - Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in -

Day 20 - Favourite genre - Survival Horror.

Day 21 - Game with the best story - Metal Gear Solid.

Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you - Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty.

Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style - The first Gears of War was really good for imagery and making you feel a part of a grand and epic adventure.

Day 24 - Favourite classic game - Streets of Rage.

Day 25 - A game you plan on playing - Fallout: New Vegas.

Day 26 - Best voice acting - The Grand Theft Auto series. No particulare game is any stronger than the other, they are just all really well done.

Day 27 - Most epic scene ever - The scene were Dom kills his wife in Gears of War 2.

Day 28 - Favourite game developer - I dont really pay attention to this.

Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving- Fallout 3.

Day 30 - Your favourite game of all time - Fallout 3.

• Paid Members

Might be a little time consuming, but I think this is a good idea for a thread that could actually stretch over a 30 day period and generate some discussion, rather than reading walls of text? I.e, day one of the thread can be all about first video games and it'd be great to share different memories of different games played, mini-reviews, maybe even some links as to where they can possibly be found or even bought now, also YouTube videos and the like. With "best ever" answers there should be some good debating going on there too.

Edit: The walls of text comment, that wasn't a knock on Legend Killer btw.

Might be a little time consuming, but I think this is a good idea for a thread that could actually stretch over a 30 day period and generate some discussion, rather than reading walls of text? I.e, day one of the thread can be all about first video games and it'd be great to share different memories of different games played, mini-reviews, maybe even some links as to where they can possibly be found or even bought now, also YouTube videos and the like. With "best ever" answers there should be some good debating going on there too.

Edit: The walls of text comment, that wasn't a knock on Legend Killer btw.

Top idea that. We'll play it like this from now on then. Since it's getting on a bit this evening, we'll do "Day 1: Your First Video Game" for the remainder of tonight and tomorrow, and then we'll go through the rest of the days from the list with number 2 beginning Tuesday morning, 3 beginning Wednesday morning etc.

Apologies for that LK!

I'm off to grab a quick shower so I'll add mine afterwards.

Day 1: Your First Video Game

Ah, Deaq sorry about that dude!

My first video game must have been some little multi-game cartridge(?) for the Sega Mega Drive. I'm sure that it featured a bike racing game and an army game where you flew a helicopter. I actually remember the bike game quite clearly and I've fond memories of my cousin and I staying up late on weekends playing the Mega Drive.

Hold on a fucking minute, a quick YouTube search - could this be the very one I'm thinking of?

Can anybody else remember more clearly anything about this game? More specifically the army helicopter? one, as for years I've often wondered exactly what it was (would love to see some YT footage of it!).

• Paid Members
Super Thunder Blade? If it was it was really fucking hard and nowhere near as good as World Cup Italia '90.

It was not hard once you realized you could just go to the top left of the screen and everything would miss you.

Archived