30 Days of Gaming

Super Cena

Fucking love the original Stuntman, didnt get enough praise. So it's as hard as nails.. Old school game play in that sense. The second one, Ignition is bobbins.

Guilty Pleasure

TIF 2003

1211225-tif_large.jpg

Roundly panned as the worst of the wors,t is a great arcadey football game, nowt too indepth with a Swos style management sim meaning if you have the cash, you can sign anyone for anyteam at any point. Brilliant way to waste time showboating and scoring some insane goals

Plus playing football in the jungle and Jumpers For Goal Posts is always fun!

Character I wish I was? Erm no one. No affinity to anyone enough to say Yes Ill be them, then

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Day 04 - Your guilty pleasure game -

WWE_Crush_Hour_Coverart.png

WWE Crush Hour

Embarassingly cringeworthy premise and critically panned gameplay...but I loved it. Maybe it's because I've never played a Twisted Metal game, I dunno. But I thought it was great, brainless fun.

Day 05 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were) -

None. Absolutely none. Relatable characters are scarce, and even the ones that exist are only "relatable to an extent." So yeah, I'm going to have to pass on this one.

• Paid Members

What the fuck are you all doing, today's entry is guilty pleasure- not which character are you more like. Get it together, fellas.

GUILTY PLEASURE

22250_220847292219_734922219_3007099_5136665_n.jpg

POKEMON

Guilty pleasure because I'm in my late twenties and shouldn't love playing it so much. I really have no excuse, I remember sitting in the 6th form playing Pokemon Red when it first came out. The only other kids in school playing it were the fucking year 7's.

Right, hope ya'll rootin' tootin' UKFFers don't mind this thread still going.

Seeing as though DAY #4: YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE GAME isn't the greatest topic, we'll combine it with what should have been tomorrow's, which is GAME CHARACTER YOU FEEL YOU ARE MOST LIKE (OR WISH YOU WERE).

You can answer one, both or neither...

• Paid Members

What tosh, the guilty pleasure one is a great topic. Two in one day, after telling me to post over the next month? He's moving the goalposts! MOVING THE GOALPOSTS I'M TELLING YOU

I can't remember who I put in the first place for which game character I wish I were. Tommy Vercetti perhaps.

What tosh, the guilty pleasure one is a great topic. Two in one day, after telling me to post over the next month? He's moving the goalposts! MOVING THE GOALPOSTS I'M TELLING YOU

I can't remember who I put in the first place for which game character I wish I were. Tommy Vercetti perhaps.

I told all ya'll motherfuckers I'm trying my damnedest. I'm laying down the law best I am, here.

Single question days resume from tomorrow.

Ring the damn bell....

In what experts may claim to be one of the most groundbreaking announcements in the history of off-topic, '30 Days of Gaming' would like to make it aware to users of the UKFF that tomorrow will indeed be:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

BEST SOUNDTRACK

Any and all questions missed will be rolled together in a casserole-esque fashion once the real questions have been answered.

• Moderators

Vice City easily for me. Radio Espantoso alone would win it for introducing me to Latin Jazz but then there was all the awesome funk and old school breaks and all that shit. Fantastic all around.

However, if we're talking games with their own proper video game music and not tracks by bands then it's a bit more of an interesting and difficult question.

I can't really choose one so I'm going to cheat and mention a few.

Wii - Super Mario Galaxy. Really cool soundtrack, and had the added bonus of the fact that sounds in the game reacting to you doing stuff went in tune with the soundtrack.

PS2 - Either Shinobi or Canis Canem Edit/Bully. Probably go for the latter at a push - in fact, Radio Espantoso, Canis and Mario Galaxy are the only three video game soundtracks that I have and have listened to independent of the games they are attached to.

Taking it further back to those old time bleeps.. Golden Axe had the best soundtrack of anything on the Mega Drive, followed by Streets of Rage. Street Fighter II had some classic themes as well.

Oh yeah.. and I forgot to mention Xbox360. huh. I play a lot of Indie games off XBLA. Generally, what makes the difference between me paying the 80 points for the full version of the game or not is whether or not the music for it is any good. If the music is good then I'm gonna want to play the game some more.

As such it would be remiss of me not to mention The Impossible Game. So simple and addictive, and the music completely makes the game. The reward for progress in this game is hearing more of the track. It's so brilliant in its simplicity. I fucking love it. I can't think of another game where the soundtrack is as important and integral to the game (and yes, that includes that game where the levels are built off of whatever music you decide to play).

I really should've been contributing to this rather than reading, thinking about my answers then not actually posting them.

So yeah, best soundtrack. The one that leaped right out of my mind was the Halo series. It's massive score composed by Martin O'Donnell really helps sculpt the scale of the story and truly moves as the games progress. One of my favourite parts of the series is the end of Halo 3 where you're escaping in the warthog with that music playing. I'm a real sucker for scores in general, there's a way they can really help paint the picture and present the individuality of the piece. Also special mention to to the Metal Gear Solid series which also excels in this department.

My favourite non-scored soundtrack is also Vice City. If anyone didn't like that then they can just go die. Other than that, Tetris like a motherfucker.

Archived