30 Days of Gaming

Super Cena

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obviously the Aerith death scene in FFVII

Whoah - gonna be pedantic and anal here, but in the UK it's always been AERIS. Yeah, translation error, I know. But Aeris it is. 'Aerith' people annoy me as much as 'Eggman' people.

But yeah, it probably is the saddest scene. Same story for when Rinoa was drifting off to space in FF8. that's pretty sad to watch too...

And what makes you think I wasn't playing the japanese version?

Plus I think you can edit the names in the game, but if I talked about Countess Pliny of KneeTrembler, no one would have had a clue about who I was talking about.

Your pedantry means less than 2 tugs of a dead dogs cock - Everyone understood who was being talked about </Agent Provocateur mode cancel>

• Paid Members
The end of Red Dead didn't upset me at all, it just pissed me off. I hate games with endings like that, makes the entire thing feel pointless.

I don't understand how it made the entire thing pointless at all. It was probably one of the most logical endings for a game ever really.

• Paid Members
The end of Red Dead didn't upset me at all, it just pissed me off. I hate games with endings like that, makes the entire thing feel pointless.

I don't understand how it made the entire thing pointless at all. It was probably one of the most logical endings for a game ever really.

I'm not saying it didn't make sense. I'm saying I hate games where I play through them and the character you've been playing as dies. Makes it feel like a total waste of time because you sink, in Red Dead's case, about like 15-20 hours of time into seeing the retribution of your character and then he gets killed, your uncle gets killed and your wife dies. Then you have to play as the whiney little kid you took hunting birds for an hour for one mission, seemingly just so they could get the punchline in.

• Paid Members

Whoah - gonna be pedantic and anal here, but in the UK it's always been AERIS. Yeah, translation error, I know. But Aeris it is. 'Aerith' people annoy me as much as 'Eggman' people.

But yeah, it probably is the saddest scene. Same story for when Rinoa was drifting off to space in FF8. that's pretty sad to watch too...

Plus I think you can edit the names in the game, but if I talked about Countess Pliny of KneeTrembler, no one would have had a clue about who I was talking about.

Your pedantry means less than 2 tugs of a dead dogs cock - Everyone understood who was being talked about </Agent Provocateur mode cancel>

I think it's a pretty fair assumption that you weren't...

It's not a personal attack, don't worry. Just me having a slightly anal moan.

I think it's a pretty fair assumption that you weren't...

It's not a personal attack, don't worry. Just me having a slightly anal moan.

Yes fair assumption. But however in particular to me, you were wrong.

No Harm done though.

Although I think the youf nowadays refer to them as 'Farts' not anal moans....

Saddest Game Scene

The ending is quite emotional too.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It was a very sad scene at the time of playing it as it came out of the blue. Seeing Agro, your only companion in your quest to get across the game world and defeat the Colossi, was quite upsetting. The final scene is quite emotional as well, especially when Agro limps back in to the temple to greet the resurrected Mono, and then later when Mono picks up the reborn baby Wander and takes him up to the secret garden in the temple.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

As I only completed it a few days ago, an honourable mention goes to a scene in the final mission of Mass Effect 2.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

In my game I was the female Shephard and didn't build any romantic relations with any of my team apart from some flirting/having dinner with Kelly. I went on the final mission and came across that scene.

Kelly was turned in to liquid DNA and her and Shephard were never able to get together after the mission was over. I was still quite shocked at what happened for a while after, especially as when I got back to the Normandy about half my crew was missing, though all my team made it through. It was sad to hear some of the comments of the surviving crew, such as talking about how they'll make sure [Person X] will be remembered as a hero, etc.

Apparently to avoid this I should have gone directly to the Omega 4 relay after my crew was abducted, but after reading around it appears that normally the abduction takes place after finishing Legion's loyalty mission but for me it came just before it, so I completed Legion's mission before heading to the relay.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Apologies for two posts but the second spoiler tag wasn't showing properly on the last post.

• Paid Members
When your Dad gets killed in Fallout 3

I struggled to think of an answer to this question, and eventually went with the above.

I thought about Red Dead, but it wasn't upsetting- more iconic & epic. Show of bravery and pride.

Superb stuff from Otacon and a well developed [and fucking hot] Naomi character. The Enclosure theme which plays is absoloutely beautiful too and one I could have went with for a certain earlier question.

• Paid Members
The really great touch on the whole Aeris/Aerith death sequence is the fight with Jenova that takes place immediately. It's a fight you can't lose - I believe she only has one attack and you're immune to it if you have the Water Ring equipped (geekiest sentence I'll ever type right there) - and that's the point. It's not meant to be a difficult boss encounter, it's meant to be cathartic, and having the Aeris theme playing over the whole fight is simply stunning.

As for the MGS stuff mentioned, I personally found the ending of Snake Eater to be much more emotional.

Jenova ~ kick ass music too.

I know what you mean about snake eater, the end battle with the boss was beautiful and very moving, especially when the dramatic snake eater music comes in and then afterwards Just when you've pulled yourself together, the patriot gun bit. Unless you meant Snake getting played by EVA. Very embarrassing for young Snake. I think for me because I love Big Boss so much after being obsessed with Snake Eater it made the MGS4 ending super emotional for me.

BEST GAME PLAY

My head feels like I've just gone one on one with Nigel McGuinness for the ROH Pure championship, so I'll add my two cents once I've made something of myself.

Another good day in this thread yesterday, some awesome posts there to read. :thumbsup:

I don't play many of the 'story' games, just things like FIFA, but the one game I did play and enjoy a lot was Batman Arkhum Asylum.

The controls felt natural and the fight scenes were both pleasing to play and watch.

I though every aspect of the game was fantastic, but the actual gameplay itself was as close to perfect as I've seen.

Archived