30 Days of Gaming

Super Cena

• Moderators

Super Mario Land on the gameboy. Because it's the only game on the only handheld console that I've ever had.

If my phone counts though, I've spent an awful lot of time playing Angry Birds.

Also, if those old 1 game handhelds count, then Mario Cement Factory.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having read this thread, I went back and played Super Mario Land on the gameboy and for the first time ever, I completed it without any shortcuts (i.e. not using one of those copies where you start with 99 lives).

Also, I totally agree with 42 All Time Classics. It - along with Picross DS - are the two handheld games in my "12 Underrated/Underappreciated Games You Need to play" article on my review blog

Other handheld games I would recommend include the Mario & Luigi RPGs, Zookeeper, Penguin Wars, Kuru Kuru Kururin and Qix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
A really good remake of Streets of Rage would be awesome. Basically co-op side scrolling beat em up, it can still be in 2d but with much improved graphics, a bigger moveset and a ton of levels. Why has this not been made yet :(

Enjoy!

Bombergames Streets of Rage Remake!

Nice find, have you played this at all Pat? Graphics look the same, but the promise of over 100 stages and 64 enemy types sounds interesting.

Yes its brilliant, has lots of remastered stuff, new soundtrack, levels that dont play in a sequence that people would know including the restored Jet Ski and Bike Levels as well as other nods to beatem ups, inc Final Fight. New Enemies and elements from the Game Gear version which has different enemies as well

Also if your good enough you can play as different charas including Mr X as well as change fight styles between SOR, 2 and 3 should you wish

Its a long slog mind and getting through to the finish will take aeons. worth it though, very worth it

SEGA Blocks Streets of Rage Fan Project

Oh well.

Jeezus H Bollocking Christ... As if its a current ISP? Its effectively a new game using at points different levels and characters.. Utter knobs.. Not like Sega give a crap about the franchise.. SOR4 for the Dreamcast was canned and Core's offer to produce the series is what resulted in Fighting Force (not a bad game, but still not the same) means its coming up to 17 years since a new release in the saga and 3 was balls but ive said that more than once already

Archived