30 Days of Gaming

Super Cena

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to *gasp* agree with Yoghurt.

Nothing beats going all bush wookie or better yet running around on the Nam maps with a shotgun some TNT and suicide bombing tanks.

A dedicated suicide team is still the scourge of any effort. Especially decent ones. These COD halfwits don't have the digits to keep up.

Edit - Great call on L4D 10v10, 4v4 wasn't balanced enough. At 10v10 the level size and the character power meets at the ideal point.

There's a few brilliant memories in here.

Super Bomberman was superb. Collecting the power ups that gave you more power, then watching as you laid a bomb that exploded and took half the screen with it. Genius. Although trapping yourself against the wall with your own bomb was a nasty experience.

Good stuff with the Micro Machines too. I remember playing it on the snes, the 4 player mode. This involved sharing a controller with your mate and just steering, as the throttle was fully down automatically. Dropping down the toilet was superb.

Was coming on to nominate Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament, to see it already mentioned.

My next one would've been Super Mario Kart, although it's a certainty that would've had a shout

So bearing in mind i'm living about two decades behind everyone else when it comes to games, i'll throw out Super Tennis on the SuperNES.

Actually, NBA Jam was a tonne of fun in 2 player too.

F*ck it, most EA Sports games on the Megadrive were a great laugh playing against a friend - EA Hockey, Bulls vs Blazers/Live '95, John Madden '92, PGA Tour Golf.........

• Moderators
F*ck it, most EA Sports games on the Megadrive were a great laugh playing against a friend - EA Hockey, Bulls vs Blazers/Live '95, John Madden '92, PGA Tour Golf.........

EA Hockey is easily the best sports computer game I've ever played that isn't called Champ Man.

NBA Jam was great back in the day too. Has anyone played the remake that just came out? With all the cartoon characters and flaming basketballs and "heeeee's on FIRRREEEE" and all that?

• Paid Members

I'm going to omit 2-player "winner stays on" style because there are quite a few of those, but aren't true "multi players" and would still pale in comparison to the winner anyway.

In college I wasted a lot of time with my mates playing Mario Kart 64 and Golden Eye.

At uni, it was No Mercy on N64 and Super Monkey Ball on Game Cube.

But from the moment the game came out when we were at school, to the moment I realized I didn't have friends any more, the game that stole most hours of my life sat around with my mates was, is and ever will be :

SUPER MARIO KART

Random fact, when "C'est La Vie" by B*Witched was number one, me and my mates used to sit there for hours playing battle mode listening to it over and over and over, just turning the tape over constantly. None of us can remember why, but I blame it for starting me down a path that lead me to dabbling with shrooms and coke.

starblade.jpg

This game absolutely ROCKED.

hqdefault.jpg

The number of quids I pushed into this game, I probably could have bought a house. You got to be the gunner on a spaceship, what more could you possibly want? Plus, look at that cabinet - chrome and everything. Awesome flight stick and pedal combo too.

• Paid Members

Ahh, my kind of question:-

Cabal:-

cabal-1.jpg

Still awesome. I still play it loads on my cab. Finished it a couple of times but it is well worth going back to. Used to spend all my money on it when I was 10 on a Sunday morning in the dodgy arcade in the back of the bargain shop opposite Burnage Community Centre.

Rastan's Saga:-

Rastan_saga_ss.PNG

Still haven't finished this sod, but I have been close. Incredibly hard and frustrating, but great hack and slash stuff.

Smash TV:-

smash_tv.jpg

I expect this to appear a lot or you're all shit.

• Moderators
Ahh, my kind of question:-

Cabal:-

cabal-1.jpg

Still awesome. I still play it loads on my cab. Finished it a couple of times but it is well worth going back to. Used to spend all my money on it when I was 10 on a Sunday morning in the dodgy arcade in the back of the bargain shop opposite Burnage Community Centre.

I fucking love you Gladstone :love:

My post was going to be me trying to describe this game for the umpteenth time to blank looks because I haven't played it since I was 7 and have never been able to remember what it was called, but that was my shit back in the day.

We lived in a suburb of Madrid, opposite this disused lot of land, on the other side of which was the shopping mall. We used this as a cut through - me and my bro would get a handful of pesetas from my mum, fly out the door, scrabble up this steep hill through a hole in the fence at the top to come out in the parking lot of the shopping mall. Straight to the arcade, where we played this and one other game that I can't remember the name of*.

This mall also had the best sweet shop ever, which was where I discovered candy hamburgers.

This is one of my fondest memories of childhood.

* You played a ninja. All that I remember about it was that the Continue Screen was your man strapped down, with a rotating saw blade slowly lowering on him - if you didn't pump some more coin in, he got sliced as it went to the Game Over screen. Anyone?

Archived