30 Days of Gaming

Super Cena

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles.jpg

Everytime I saw this in an Arcade in a Butlins or Pontins as a kid I almost pissed myself with excitement. There weren't any Arcades in my home town, so the chance to play it only came round every so often. A real treat. The artwork on the machine always made it seems so much more special than those other drab black boxes. The sound always seemed to be blasting out too.

tmnt_xbla_official.gif

Brilliant.

I have 1 of these. :D

My fav has to be this 1 tho. Double Dragon

double-dragon-2.png

It was prob the 1st time I ever finished a arcade game also, I remember my mate at the time knew we would have to fight each other as soon as the boss with the gun got killed. So as soon as he dies he is all ready to kick my ass, he tries to do a flying kick but misses hits the wall to witch I throw a well timed elbow and he falls into the spikes at the bottom of the screen. I loved the weapons and the bid Obo things that would clap there hands and squash your head.

Half the fun of Double Dragon is kicking the shit out of your mate, then saying "no, no, ok let's play seriously" and then as soon as he turns round flying kicking him again.

That Turtle cabinet brings back memories. I'm sad to say my house isn't big enough to have a room to put arcade machines in, otherwise I'd be tempted to buy one of these.

Where do i start?

I used to love all the Sega games in their big cabinests.

The original Turbo, Outrun, Hang On, Afterburner, Thunderblade, Enduro Racer, Powerdrift & Space Harrier, then later on Virua Racing, Daytona and Sega Rally.

From other developers, i was a big fan of Chase HQ, Cisco Heat, Continental Circus, and Big Run.

Then the other types of games - fighters, platformers and the like - Gryzor, Midnight Resistance, Final Fight, Mercs, Return of the Jedi, the Turtles game someone above mentioned, P.O.W, Wrestlefest, Virtua Fighter......

It's tough to narrow it down. On nostalgia alone, Turbo probably. It was one of the first i played and enjoyed in the late 80s, but i later found out it was actually made in the early 80s which is amazing. Then again, Outrun was so much fun at the time, and damn, that music...... On the other hand, a bit more recently, Daytona and Sega Rally just blew you away at the time.

I was easily pleased admittedly. About the only driving game i really hated was Hard Drivin'.

• Paid Members
Half the fun of Double Dragon is kicking the shit out of your mate, then saying "no, no, ok let's play seriously" and then as soon as he turns round flying kicking him again.

That Turtle cabinet brings back memories. I'm sad to say my house isn't big enough to have a room to put arcade machines in, otherwise I'd be tempted to buy one of these.

The fact that you could fight each other on Double Dragon was always huge to me. My co-op gaming experiences before DD never allowed you to start smacking around your team-mate. What great fun.

"Ok, ok, ok I won't do it anymore! Let's just fight the baddies"

* Continues attacking team mate to the anger of player 2 *

:D

Legendary stuff.

• Paid Members

Yeah I got it off E-bay for around

• Paid Members

• Paid Members

• Paid Members

Archived