30 Days of Gaming

Super Cena

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

252px-Left4Dead_Windows_cover.jpg

As much as I love the multiplayer of COD, Halo etc, I usually play by myself with no mic as 99.999% of the people that populate xbox live are bellends. But when it comes to playing multiplayer with my mates, nothing tops Left 4 Dead. Many a sleepless night spent on both the campaign and versus modes, it's just great fun and never gets boring. You don't get stuck in games with people trying to level up and "boost" thier virtual cock which is a massive plus and the variety the AI director brings makes multiple plays of the same level fresh time and time again.

As far as offline splitscreen multiplayer goes, it's got to be Goldeneye. Classic.

Probably either Ghost Recon or COD4, those are the ones I've had most fun online with.

I wholeheartedly agree with Harvey Dent though about not talking to people online any more. That whole scene pretty much died a death a few years ago as most games don't have lobbies any more and therefore there's nowhere to talk smack at each other. The Xbox Party system is great IF you can get enough guys online at the same time, but otherwise certainly FPSes have become a solo affair.

Offline, Mario Kart. No doubt, the ultimate bragging rights game. The Wii Mario Kart multiplayer was boss.

• Paid Members

Mario Kart on the Gamecube or Wii, or Smash Bros on the Gamecube or Wii. Both flawless offline multiplayer.

If we're talking online multiplayer then Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 easily.

Agree with Loki there, I was coming in here to post Mario Kart for the Wii. An absolute blast of a game if you have a few mates around. Wii sports is a good one too. Me and my mates have killed entire days with the bowling game.

Here's an interesting observation (I think) about Wii Sports. Everyone thought it was brilliant because of the new controllers, and it was going to herald a new era of game interactivity on the Wii.

In retrospect, it was a great game because it was peerlessly implemented with brilliant simple-yet-sensitive gameplay that even your mum could use. The controllers weren't the trick, as hundreds of duffer Wii games have subsequently proved. Good old Nintendo - selling consoles off the back of their game-making excellence.

• Paid Members

Rock Band for me. It's an expensive hobby but if you can get 7 people round and have the guitar, bass, vocals, drums, keyboard and 2 backing singers all going together there is no better multiplayer experience. Plus great new songs every week to make sure it never goes stale.

Archived