Super Cena

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

300px-Rdr_last_enemy.jpg

I'm gonna go with Red Dead Redemption. "The last enemy that shall be Destroyed"

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

"The Marstons hold off yet another wave of soldiers attacking their land. John runs into the barn, where he knows Jack and Abigail will be waiting. They are panicking, confused and think they should all run away. John knows that's not possible. He knows he can't escape his past. John puts his wife and son on a horse and tells them they need to ride and don't stop. It is the only way they will have a chance. Reluctantly Abigail kisses her husband goodbye. Jack and Abigail ride out the back of the barn, leaving John to face the fate from which he has tried so hard to escape. John turns, peering between the barn doors at the last faces he will ever see. He stops, drops his head, and takes a long, deep breath. Then he looks up and pushes the doors wide open, revealing more than twenty soldiers all armed and aimed his direction. In cinematic fashion, the camera switches to the Dead-Eye Targeting mode, as the player takes control of John Marston's last stand. John takes a few down, but ultimately it just isn't enough"

Loved this bit. I would imagine it's impossible to come out of it alive. Really a great ending to John's story.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

EDIT - :)

300px-Rdr_last_enemy.jpg

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

"The Marstons hold off yet another wave of soldiers attacking their land. John runs into the barn, where he knows Jack and Abigail will be waiting. They are panicking, confused and think they should all run away. John knows that's not possible. He knows he can't escape his past. John puts his wife and son on a horse and tells them they need to ride and don't stop. It is the only way they will have a chance. Reluctantly Abigail kisses her husband goodbye. Jack and Abigail ride out the back of the barn, leaving John to face the fate from which he has tried so hard to escape. John turns, peering between the barn doors at the last faces he will ever see. He stops, drops his head, and takes a long, deep breath. Then he looks up and pushes the doors wide open, revealing more than twenty soldiers all armed and aimed his direction. In cinematic fashion, the camera switches to the Dead-Eye Targeting mode, as the player takes control of John Marston's last stand. John takes a few down, but ultimately it just isn't enough"

Loved this bit. I would imagine it's impossible to come out of it alive. Really a great ending to John's story.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

EDIT - :)

This

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'll go with this one too. To be honest there might be a couple of more epic scenes from Zelda or GTA games, but I do forget cut scenes so the Red Dead one is still quite fresh in my mind. It was a fantastic epic scene, though, so I may even remember it when we repeat this thread years down the line.

• Paid Members

Viva Pinata

Viva-Pinata-Games-For-Windows-Sale.jpg

And in fact, the very first time I played it I didn't like it AT ALL. But then I decided to give it another chance and became totally hooked. I don't know why it's so good, it's essentially a gardening sim, but it's so satisfying to house the various Pinatas in your garden, and killing off the wild ones that would come in and try and eat some of your residents was also a bit of a guilt trip. Beating something to death with a shovel till it smashed just felt kinda wrong...

Viva Pinata

Viva-Pinata-Games-For-Windows-Sale.jpg

And in fact, the very first time I played it I didn't like it AT ALL. But then I decided to give it another chance and became totally hooked. I don't know why it's so good, it's essentially a gardening sim, but it's so satisfying to house the various Pinatas in your garden, and killing off the wild ones that would come in and try and eat some of your residents was also a bit of a guilt trip. Beating something to death with a shovel till it smashed just felt kinda wrong...

I'm going to have to get back into this. I found the problem was it wouldn't let you start from scratch, which was annoying.

Very relaxing though.

Fallout 3.

I'd seen a few trailers before and though it seemed like it might be interesting it took a while after first getting my PS3 to take a chance on it. The main reason for this was that it was made by Bethesda. The only Bethesda game I'd played before was Morrowind, and after giving it a go I really didn't get on well with it at all. I just found it pretty dull and hard to get in to. The magic and fantasy element didn't really appeal to me, and the combat was awful. I had some bad experiences doing some quests, especially after having once spent a couple of hours trying to find a certain tomb in a region of the map full of tombs. The final straw came after making an hour round-trip (plus the time spent doing the task there) to get to a place for a quest, there was no fast travel near to it, and then when I got back I got told to go back there to fetch something else, so I just gave up after that. I was worried that Fallout 3 would be like it but with some different weapons and settings. Boy was I wrong. From the moment I first played it I was hooked, and I've since spent many, many hours playing Fallout 3, the DLC and New Vegas, and they're now some of my favourite games. I still haven't plucked up the courage to give Oblivion a try though.

Archived