30 Days of Gaming

Super Cena

• Paid Members
Some say that Sonic 3 was rushed/incomplete and this is why Sonic & Knuckles appeared as it did because all that was not included in Sonic 3 was included as it should in here hence the lock on nature of the cart and as to why it was so compatible

Basically Sega wanted Knuckles in Sonic3 with Save features and so on, but there just wasnt the room or whatever on the cart so had to produce Sonic and Knuckles from left overs as was

Sonic 2 was compatible using some data banks for sprites which made it basically a hack ala the Chinese ones you see.

Im sure Triple A will correct this?

I'm not sure about the reasons regarding the Sonic 3/Knuckles releases, but I have heard it was due to not having certain features in one and some in the other. They were both released in the same year so something was up.

In terms of compatibility, Sonic 2 and 3 let you play as Knuckles in them, and Sonic 1 let you play the Blue Spheres bonus game.

It's fairly obvious though that Sonic 3 is an incomplete game, from the lack of zones to the fact it easily transitions into S&K.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first I didn't think that today's question sounded to promising. However, with some of the talk going on in this thread about old favourites, I'm sure a few of you will be looking forward to blowing the dust off of an old gem.

* (It can also be a new game or game that isn't released yet but you still plan on playing.)

GTA III.

I've had a massive urge over the past few days to complete the game cheat-free, something I never did when it was first released.

I think it's a bit cheaty to name a game that has not yet been released.

As a fan of Fallout 3, I really should play Oblivion. I know I'm going to need to invest quite a bit of time to it, so I'll wait until I have a major illness or serious accident that will keep me off work until I complete it.

• Paid Members
If I am still alive then there is literally no chance of me not playing the new Elder Scrolls game when it comes out.

Absolutely, same here. The footage and screens so far have been amazing and, well, it's Bethesda isn't it. I must have ploughed about 100 hours into Oblivion and I see no reason for me not doing the same here. Shouting at dragons looks so much fun and I'm interested to see how the perk system translates across from Fallout to Elder Scrolls. My main concern when it was announced was that being set in the mountainous regions of Tamriel that it would be kinda samey looking with snowy peaks throughout, but that seems to have been put to bed with some great shots of the cities and forests. Looks like they've massively improved their character models too, which were looking pretty dated in Fallout.

Close runner up would be LA Noire, cannot wait for that too.

• Paid Members

Super Mario RPG - I love the Paper Mario games, and although this doesn't include the "paper" gimmick, it still seems like a lot of fun.

Red Dead Redemption - I actually own it, but it's yet to be taken out of its plastic wrapper. I really need to sort that...

• Paid Members
Red Dead Redemption - I actually own it, but it's yet to be taken out of its plastic wrapper. I really need to sort that...

Yes. Yes you do.

Listen to Justice. Go and open it now, play it all day, then come back online in 8 hours and thank us.

I shall be picking up my copy of Crysis 2 tomorrow. I haven't really bought any games this year, but the technical prowess of this game has been trumpeted so much that I want to see if it can live up to the hype.

I also plan on playing this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Bearing

Following on from a conversation about Spindizzy, somebody showed me this game, where you have to traverse a maze AND PUSH OTHER BALL BEARINGS BACK! Sounds incredibly difficult.

Archived