30 Days of Gaming

Super Cena

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Jonah-lomu-rugby-PSX.jpg

Not sure if this is classed as 'classic' overall. but it's classic to me.

I played this to death when it came out, probably the best Rugby sim ever imo.

The gameplay is amazing, and I don't think anything has come close to it since. Rucking/Mauling was very simple, and the passing/hand-off/dummy system was flawless.

I can fondly remember coming home most days from school, putting my 'Prodigy - Fat of the land' cassette on, and then going New Zealand v Japan, and using Lomu and Wilson to demolish the Japanese by 130 points or so.

The classic matches game type was great, and a bit of a challenge. Plus when you completed the 5 nations, Tri nations etc, you'd unlock the Rage, Codemasters and All Lomu teams.... The Little dude (his name escapes me) on the Rage team was an absolute flyer.

Great stuff.

"That could have put him in ward 4..."

"I Hope not Bill, That's the maternity ward!"

• Moderators

It's gotta be Worms for me also, but on the PC. And also, with the Worms Reinforcements add-on, because you could design your own levels and make your own soundbanks for the worms. Many hours were spent crowded uncomfortably around a PC with my friends playing this.

Also I remember working like an absolute bitch to scrape together the cash to buy it.. really hardcore gardening to get paid tuppence from my stingy old lady neighbor. I would slag her off, but she's dead now. So I'll just say that I'm glad I broke a hole in the fence at ate her raspberries.

An impossible, question, but I'll throw out this seeing as I was talking about it earlier today:

112190-spindizzy-zx-spectrum-screenshot-title-screen.png

An insanely difficult but really clever puzzle game, akin to Marble Madness, where you controlled a spinning top (or marble depending on preference) through an intricately designed maze to collect gems.

Some of the puzzles were switched based, and I've never really understood them. I'm also fairly sure there were parts of the map that simply COULDN'T be accessed. Nevertheless, it's one of those rare classic era games that still stand up well, gameplay wise, as it reatured a real-time physics system that feels natural even in today's advanced world.

An impossible, question, but I'll throw out this seeing as I was talking about it earlier today:

112190-spindizzy-zx-spectrum-screenshot-title-screen.png

An insanely difficult but really clever puzzle game, akin to Marble Madness, where you controlled a spinning top (or marble depending on preference) through an intricately designed maze to collect gems.

Some of the puzzles were switched based, and I've never really understood them. I'm also fairly sure there were parts of the map that simply COULDN'T be accessed. Nevertheless, it's one of those rare classic era games that still stand up well, gameplay wise, as it reatured a real-time physics system that feels natural even in today's advanced world.

Ah G.e.r.a.l.d! It's a really good game Spindizzy Worlds is also checking out on the Snes. I played Spindizzt mainly on the C64 growing up, but havent played a bad version of it yet.

I dunno what to plump for today? Struggling

I spent so long on Creatures 2 on my old C64. Sigh, retro video game violence. When Mayhem in Monsterland surfaced on the Wii virtial console I was hopeful for a rerelease but then I suppose fluffy creatures maiming each other with chainsaws isn't really the Nintendo way. I also remember there bing some wierd cheat mode which involved unplugging your joystick and rubbing the contacts inside the keyboard to enable infinite lives.

For me this little beauty

sonicknuckles01.jpg

the greatest sonic game of all time they never got this good again two seperate adventures and because of the cartridge

15fqckk.jpg

you could put the other games with them which made them better games great value for money with the best platform action

took over my childhood

Some say that Sonic 3 was rushed/incomplete and this is why Sonic & Knuckles appeared as it did because all that was not included in Sonic 3 was included as it should in here hence the lock on nature of the cart and as to why it was so compatible

Basically Sega wanted Knuckles in Sonic3 with Save features and so on, but there just wasnt the room or whatever on the cart so had to produce Sonic and Knuckles from left overs as was

Sonic 2 was compatible using some data banks for sprites which made it basically a hack ala the Chinese ones you see.

Im sure Triple A will correct this?

Archived