30 Days of Gaming

Super Cena

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Underrated

syphon.jpg

I loved all 3 of the Syphon Filter games, all criminally forgotten now, number 2 was my personal favourite. Great range of levels, fantastic A.I (for the time), an exciting plot full of twists, and some tremendous gameplay that mixed action and stealth perfectly made for one of my favourite games on the PS1. Also the multiplayer was an absolute blast!.

The tazer in SF has to be up there with the most fun game weapons of all time.

Right, hope ya'll rootin' tootin' UKFFers don't mind this thread still going.

Seeing as though DAY #4: YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE GAME isn't the greatest topic, we'll combine it with what should have been tomorrow's, which is GAME CHARACTER YOU FEEL YOU ARE MOST LIKE (OR WISH YOU WERE).

You can answer one, both or neither...

• Moderators

Game character you are actually like and game character you wish you were are two pretty different things!!

I'mma think on it though.. and for the latter I think we should make it so that it has to be character that is primarily known for being a character in a game (e.g. you can't say you'd want to be Spiderman just because there's been Spiderman games because he's primarily known as a comic book superhero); I think that would give more interesting answers.

I'm trying, dude! I'm going by the book as much as I can here. Anyone who comes into this thread for the first time must feel like they're watching the main event of an episode of TNA Impact!

Yeah, we'll go with your idea of the character having to be primarily known for their role in the game. Otherwise we'll have stuff like David Beckham from Fifa '08! :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Guilty pleasure has to be Dance Dance Revolution, I had it for the PS1 and couldn't get enough. There were times where I was alone in my room dancing to 'I Will Survive' by Gloria Gaynor and wondering if there was something wrong with me. But fuck it, it was fun. Luckily Harmonix came along and saved me by releasing Guitar Hero and then Rock Band.

As for character I feel most like, maybe a lemming.....who would I want to be? I always thought Tommy Vercetti from Vice City was pretty cool.

• Paid Members

Guilty pleasure? Hard, because most of the games that are considered a bit 'sad' are usually amazing. Most of the people that say they are 'sad' though are usually the same boys who sit on their xbox playing COD all day every day, everything that is not COD is pants to them. You show them games like We <3 Katamari and they moan there's no blood or killing. Katamari <3

Character that is most like me? I have no idea. If I say C-jay from San Andreas, would anyone believe me? Character I want to be: Snake. Preferably Naked Snake/Big Boss as it was he who started it all, but I love them all. Naked Snake is the finest looking mother fucker in any game ever though so if I was him after a hard days tactical espionage action I would probably be checking myself out in the mirror and touching myself.

Underrated

syphon.jpg

I loved all 3 of the Syphon Filter games, all criminally forgotten now, number 2 was my personal favourite. Great range of levels, fantastic A.I (for the time), an exciting plot full of twists, and some tremendous gameplay that mixed action and stealth perfectly made for one of my favourite games on the PS1. Also the multiplayer was an absolute blast!.

The tazer in SF has to be up there with the most fun game weapons of all time.

Facking LOVE you Cleetus! That's one of my favourite games of ALL TIME. Just an amazing achievement, one of the best action shooters ever IMO. The opening sequence parachuting in was awesome. Back in 2009 I was working with one of the prinicpal designers of that game, he was a little overwhelmed by my love for it, though he appreciated the rub with lube.

Did you know that POKE from memory?

:( Yes?

• Paid Members
Guilty Pleasure

479780_front.jpg

It was, essentially, complete rubbish. But I just couldn't put it down. Always wanting and craving for the perfect stunt. And some of those stunts were just great fun. Ignition's got nothing on this.

I found Stuntman to be the most frustrating games I ever picked up. I remember loving the premise and getting really excited until I bought a demo disc with a one level preview. It was a real 'throw your controller on the floor' type game for me. One slight miscalculation and you start again.

Guilty Pleasure

479780_front.jpg

It was, essentially, complete rubbish. But I just couldn't put it down. Always wanting and craving for the perfect stunt. And some of those stunts were just great fun. Ignition's got nothing on this.

I found Stuntman to be the most frustrating games I ever picked up. I remember loving the premise and getting really excited until I bought a demo disc with a one level preview. It was a real 'throw your controller on the floor' type game for me. One slight miscalculation and you start again.

Exactly. It's a game for perfectionists.

Archived