30 Days of Gaming

Super Cena

I'm torn between three games for most overrated. Here's a clue, one of them is Goldeneye.

Can I have your attention, please?

I appreciate your contributions, but please refrain from talking about tomorrow's question.

Thank you.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Day 12 - A game everyone should play

At which juncture did you become boss of the thread?

Anyroads, it's fucking Goldeneye.

It was the 12th day of a daily gaming thread. It kind of works itself out.

Anyway,

Games I've completed right through more than five times? Not many...

Possibly Monkey Island 1 and 2, Final Fantasy VII I've definitely done a few times, not sure about FIVE though...

Then there's Sonic 3 and Knuckles, I must have completed that more than 5 times. Other than that? I'm not sure, could be it...

• Paid Members

Street Fighter 2- like Pity- to see all the endings.

Legend of Zelda- A Link to the Past. Just like Dashing Cody.

Super Mario World. I'm actually going through a game now (well, sporadically over the past year via Wii VC)

• Paid Members

Legend of Zelda: Wind waker. I just couldn't get into it. Majora's mask took a while, but it was still playable. Wind waker was hyped up so much by media and fans but I thought it was bollocks.

I've got that feeling where I know the answer in the back of my head but I just can't quite figure out what it is.

I'll go with my temporary answer, The Sims series - especially the PC ones. The original wasn't a horrendous game, I enjoyed playing it at first. It was amazing though how people would then become addicted, buying expansion pack after expansion pack for their fix of fiction life.

I'll also add GTA:IV and Pro Evo to the mix; though I wouldn't call them the most overrated of all-time, people's opinions of them were certainly blown completely out of proportion.

• Moderators

I could probably agree with GTA IV if it was highly rated? I know it was hyped to hell before release though, and is the reason I bought a 360. But I never completed it, and I barely played it online either. I liked the characters and the story, but the actual gameplay was rather boring and samey.

I could probably agree with GTA IV if it was highly rated? I know it was hyped to hell before release though, and is the reason I bought a 360. But I never completed it, and I barely played it online either. I liked the characters and the story, but the actual gameplay was rather boring and samey.

I always thought that people did praise it for quite some time after its release, though admittedly the majority of that was probably down to a lot of the hype spilling over into people's conversations about the game. I don't even think that I was still playing it a month after I bought it.

Tomb Raider. Plodding, boring shit. Same with the film, actually.

I'd agree with this after the third game. Tomb Raider III was one of my favourite's growing up and my mate had TR II which we enjoyed. Never played the first one but I remember the fourth game was dog shit and I've never bothered since. The movie(s)? were turd also. My cousin had a more recent Tomb Raider game a while back which I was watching her on, but I didn't even bother playing it it looked that bad.

Archived