30 Days of Gaming

Super Cena

• Paid Members
Champ Manager 01/02. Still play it to this day thanks to the updates.

I just started Champ Manager 97/98 again. There's a guy on YouTube who has done an update but I can't get in touch with him :(

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Champ Man games around the 2000 mark were tons funner to play than the most recent ones, IMO. I'm sure somebody in here said that the 01/02 edition was the best ever, and I couldn't agree more. Just the right balance between detail, depth and fun. I picked up a more recent one pre-owned a couple of years back, and it was just a nightmare that took forever to get through. In fact, I don't even think it was that recent, so fuck knows what this season's is like. I can't remember which season's it was, maybe 07/08?

• Paid Members

Played more than 5 times

Ah, now this is a lot easier.

I'll go with the first game i completed and then went on to complete it a fair few more times.

Sonic the hedgehog 1 - mega drive.

Now completing it was fun enough back then anyway, but once you found out the old (up, A, down, A, left, A, right, A, A + Start together)... then completing it didnt really have the same appeal .

Then another cheat came out, something similar to the cheat above but replacing the 'A' for 'C', this cheat could turn you in to ANY character or 'object' in the game.

So completing the game as a wasp, or a lava/fire ball gave the game a new appeal, didnt really work that well though!

• Paid Members

Metal Gear Solid

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater

Spyro

FFVII

FFVIII

Resident Evil

Curse of Monkey Island

Crash Bandicoot

We <3 Katamari

Vib Ribbon

Kula World

Pokemon snap

Pokemon Stadium

Others I can't think of off top of my head.

How can I choose just one to talk about? :(

For pure nostalgia, Pokemon Blue/Red ranks right up there with the best of them. Though certainly not the greatest ever, listening to the gym theme and Pallet Town's theme etc takes you back to a better time!

Certainly lots of memories, but I always thought the game Boys speakers made Pokemon music sound like shit.

Best Soundtrack (even though I haven't contributed to this in a while) would be Oblivion

, or The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker The Legendary Hero

• Paid Members

Game I've played more than 5 times?. Resident Evil 2, one of the few games I've completed and then started right over again (and again and again...). I had to see it from both characters perspective, and then I had to see their alternate scenario etc... Great value for money.

I've probably played through Robocop vs Terminator and Streets Of Rage over 5 times as well.

Just wondering which question you want to do tomorrow? Are you happy with it being "Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper" as is scheduled, or any better ideas? I never change the wallpaper on my desktop, so would it perhaps be best do do "Best gaming wallpaper", and have a search around for one?

Best Gaming Wallpaper is a bit shit, to be honest. I'd suggest skipping it.

Yeah, ditto.

There's tons of games I've played through more than 5 times. But I'm going to try just have one definitive answer and it'd be....

03SML2boxart.jpg

Had this on my Game Boy and I just took it everywhere at the time. It's probably the shortest Mario game, but I just kept playing it over and over and over. Never got bored of it.

How about "Most Overrated Game Ever" or have we had that already?

I don't disagree with this, pal.

We'll do Most Overrated Game Ever as tomorrow's main question, but "Post a screen shot from the game you're playing right now" and "Post your most recent/best gaming wallpaper" will be allowed as optional extra's which can be posted tomorrow if anybody was wanting to answer those.

EDIT - We'll resume from Thursday with "Game with the best cut scenes" as that's the next question which will have enough substance to hold up on its own for the day.

Archived