Raw Discussion 14/02/2011 *spoilers*

xear

Morrison took an impressive step forward in raising his game (I think so anyway)

This was actually one of the best things on Raw for me, probably just behind The Rock. I've been a Morrison fan for ages, but no matter how good he is in the ring there's only so much "smile, do flips, hug R-Truth" you can really do before it becomes a bit one-dimensional. I'd love to see Morrison keep a mean-streak attitude about him for longer.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Val Venis is an utter cunt.

Ah c'mon, the dude has to put food on the table.

Who will want to pay and go to see Val Venis just because of something he said on the internet? It's not going to give him heel heat to the point where people pay to go and see him get his butt kicked at a show in a high school gym is it? He ripped Matt Hardy not so long ago, yet he seems to have turned into a new version of Matt in himself with his lame internet gimmick. This putting food on the table stuff is complete and utter nonsense in regards to the comments he made.

WWE could pick any random guy and push him too the moon and make them their star, but a star in their own right, not many of those in WWE anymore, if any at all, Brock Lesnar was the last

Don't be ridiculous. Cena, Batista, and Randy Orton have all been bigger stars than Lesnar was when he was wrestling. That's not opinion, that's fact.

John Cena was probably the bigger wrestling star over Brock Lesnar, becuase he is this era's Hulk Hogan. Lesnar is well known for his short but memorable stint as Co - top guy (With Triple H on Raw), he is a much bigger all around star than both Batista and Randy Orton. If Lesnar had of stuck around in WWE for the 4 years inbetween leaving and going to UFC, I reckon he would have been John Cena's equal on the opposite show. He is pretty well known just for being on the cover of Smackdown Here Comes The Pain, by some young at the time non wrestling fans.

As for Val Venis, he's not far wrong is he? Rock became a decent wrestler over the years but he was nowhere close to being the demi-god inside the ring that some would have you believe.

I don't know who these people you and Val Venis think are preaching about The Rock's wrestling ability are?

If it's Meltzer, Keller, etc. I don't think they have ever compared his technical abilities to Danielson, Venis or anyone else.

I believe most of us who fondly remember the era where The Rock was on top remember his electrifying charisma first and foremost and the fact he had numerous Match of The Year contenders in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 and incredible feuds at that time.

Whether he has better or worse in-ring skills than other people from that time is pretty irrelevant, so Venis seeming like he has to prove otherwise just comes across as bitterness imo.

Venis had plenty of mic-time in that same era, and I can't remember a single better-than-average promo.

I'm loving the fact that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has returned; however, I'm not liking the fact that all over WWE.com he is referred to as only Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Even after he comes 'home' it seems that he wants to keep his actor self seperated from hos wrestler self.

• Paid Members
WWE could pick any random guy and push him too the moon and make them their star, but a star in their own right, not many of those in WWE anymore, if any at all, Brock Lesnar was the last

Don't be ridiculous. Cena, Batista, and Randy Orton have all been bigger stars than Lesnar was when he was wrestling. That's not opinion, that's fact.

he is a much bigger all around star than both Batista and Randy Orton.

He's probably just as big a star as Cena as well, NOW, but that has FUCK ALL to do with wrestling. All three were much bigger stars than Brock was for WWE. What he went on to do after has nothing to do with how big a wrestling star he was before he fucked off to try and play NFL.

• Paid Members
As for Val Venis, he's not far wrong is he? Rock became a decent wrestler over the years but he was nowhere close to being the demi-god inside the ring that some would have you believe.

I don't know who these people you and Val Venis think are preaching about The Rock's wrestling ability are?

If it's Meltzer, Keller, etc. I don't think they have ever compared his technical abilities to Danielson, Venis or anyone else.

I believe most of us who fondly remember the era where The Rock was on top remember his electrifying charisma first and foremost and the fact he had numerous Match of The Year contenders in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 and incredible feuds at that time.

Can't speak for Val but I just think the general concensus of Rock's wrestling ability seems to have inflated since he left. i think he was a little under-rated at one point and then since he left, I've read in a lot of places how great a wrestler he was. He wasn't though. He was gold obviously in every other department and played a great part in a load of great matches. He wasn't brilliant though.

• Paid Members
He was gold obviously in every other department and played a great part in a load of great matches.

That's more than can be said of Venis though. For all he can "work rings around Rock" how many memorable matches has Val ever had in his life?

Just to be clear, I was agreeing that Rock wasn't what you'd call a great hand. I wasn't agreeing that Venis was any better. I've never got the love for Val.

he is a much bigger all around star than both Batista and Randy Orton.

He's probably just as big a star as Cena as well, NOW, but that has FUCK ALL to do with wrestling. All three were much bigger stars than Brock was for WWE. What he went on to do after has nothing to do with how big a wrestling star he was before he fucked off to try and play NFL.

Ill give you Cena the other two im not so sure

Brock did main event a Wrestlemania and had a prominent role in the next one, headline several tours from 2002-2004 and was put on the cover of video games, pushed as the top star from 2002-2004 etc

I think its pretty much a dead heat who is the bigger wrestling star within the wrestling business between Brock and Batista/Orton

• Paid Members
No most certainly, his twitter rant makes him a tool. It reeked of bitterness and jelousy.

It reeked of a wrestler using a public forum to get himself over at the expense of a bigger star so it will put him in the public eye and there for lead to interest either positive or negative. Like every wrestler has done for ... well ... ever?

Having watched The Rocks return on Raw I was taken aback by his words that he was "Back for good"

Anyone think that he has signed a new contract with WWE something along the lines of the one Hogan used to have ? PPVs TV etc.. ? I can't imagine Vince letting him make a statement like that on live tv unless a deal had been done. Lets face it his films have dropped off in the last couple of years and according to the IMDB they have him down as having one role coming up and thats only in the production stage ! So maybe with the film roles drying up he decided the time was right for a return.

Thoughts ?

Archived