Raw Discussion 14/02/2011 *spoilers*

xear

• Paid Members
Val Venis decided to bitch about The Rock:

(Child like voice)"ooooh gosh! The Rock is back. Oh oh oh...this is soooo cool" SHUT THE HELL UP YOU BUNCH OF MORONIC SIMPLETONS!

I am just as happy as anyone else the Rock is back. As long as he sticks to the mic, we are good. Cuz his wrestling ability is questionable.

Not hating on Rock. He is AWESOME on the mic. His charisma is unmatched. But lets be honest, Rock>Hardy & Venis>Rock! HONESTLY!

PLEASE! I have and would work circles around the Rock...before I have to put him over.

I have no idea why you people r so afraid of the truth. I just speak fact & logic and you Jizz Junkies get your panties all up in a bunch

Enough about the Rock already. The guy is great(on the mic) but come on Jizz Junkies, this is about exposing the Omega clan as talentless.

Listen, @TheRock is AWESOME on the mic! No question there. But Danielson would work circles around @TheRock! TRUTH, FACT & LOGIC!

Classy.

I enjoy the fact that nobody has said anything have they? He kind of gets annoyed about the fact that people 'may' question his statements before they actually do. Thats the sign of a brilliant gimmick.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to see a comedy show at The Princess Theatre, Torquay last month. Inside they were advertising an "American Style Pro Wrestling Show" for April. On the poster were a number of Wrestlers who I know. One was Tatanka, the other was VAL VENUS. The man is a complete tool for tweeting on The Rock.

• Paid Members
WWE could pick any random guy and push him too the moon and make them their star, but a star in their own right, not many of those in WWE anymore, if any at all, Brock Lesnar was the last

Don't be ridiculous. Cena, Batista, and Randy Orton have all been bigger stars than Lesnar was when he was wrestling. That's not opinion, that's fact.

Vickie Guerrero even being mentioned in this thread is embarrassing.

• Paid Members
I'd hate to use the same Buzz Killington reference twice in one thread, rick, but you're making it difficult.

It's fucking lame, use it all you want.

In regards to it being out of character for Cena, he didn't have to post exactly what I said word for word you know? He could've done his usual shtick of saying something "hilarious" then going all SERIOUSBUSINESS and hinting at a Cena/Rock confrontation in the future. Instead what he said made him look like a little pussy-cat and The Rock seem an afterthought to him. In wrestling logic, if THE ROCK runs you down you stand up and take notice.

John Cena goes all SERIOUS on heels who beat the shit out of him. He doesn't get all SERIOUS when someone makes a Barney the fucking dinosaur gag. And logic? Logic says John Cena's got elimination chamber in 6 days and The Miz in his sights. He doesn't need to worry about the Rock until WrestleMania.

I know everyone wants a little fantasy feud between Cena and The Rock, including me, but it ain't happening. Rock is building interest in Wrestlemania, Cena's got to carry two PPV's and 6 weeks of TV.

Christ you're a grumpy fuck. All I'm saying is it would've been nice, and far better overall, if Cena had either acted a touch more hostile or just not said anything on his twitter at all. Although I suppose it is on the internet and it wont matter AS much to the storyline so it could be far worse. If Cena continues to act that way on television, however, it could harm the interest a bit.

Not from me personally mind, I've already made it clear I'd watch The Rock take a massive shit in the ring if it meant he was back in the WWE for a little while.

I kind of get what Val is trying to do, and it has potential for a decent gimmick, but he needs a larger platform to get it across. Maybe TNA will come knocking again soon.

I went to see a comedy show at The Princess Theatre, Torquay last month. Inside they were advertising an "American Style Pro Wrestling Show" for April. On the poster were a number of Wrestlers who I know. One was Tatanka, the other was VAL VENUS.

Is there an end to that story?

Most certainly, the remainder of the quote which you missed out " The man is a complete tool for tweeting on The Rock."

Obviously I mean Val Venus is wrestling at Torquays world famous Princess Theatre, whilst The Rock is the headline attraction at WrestleMania. Sorry I couldn't make this more clear without spelling it out like I am now.

• Paid Members
Obviously I mean Val Venus is wrestling at Torquays world famous Princess Theatre, whilst The Rock is the headline attraction at WrestleMania. Sorry I couldn't make this more clear without spelling it out like I am now.

So that makes him a "tool" because he's earning a living? He's a worker. Wrestlings a work. Doesn't make him a dick.

WWE could pick any random guy and push him too the moon and make them their star, but a star in their own right, not many of those in WWE anymore, if any at all, Brock Lesnar was the last

Don't be ridiculous. Cena, Batista, and Randy Orton have all been bigger stars than Lesnar was when he was wrestling. That's not opinion, that's fact.

Vickie Guerrero even being mentioned in this thread is embarrassing.

Think you missed my point there, what exactly would Cena or Orton do without WWE? and we can see that UFC jumped at having Batista on their payroll.

I was on about people that continue being famous without WWE and as I said their arent many of those.

However theirs no doubt that in my mind if Brock had stayed in WWE he would be as big as any of those three, instead he left became a bigger crossover star and took most of WWE's Attitude era fans with him, I wonder how many people here gave UFC a watch, just to see Brock fight but care very little about MMA in general.

• Paid Members
Christ you're a grumpy fuck.

For having the opposite opinion? Silly boy.

All I'm saying is it would've been nice, and far better overall, if Cena had either acted a touch more hostile or just not said anything on his twitter at all.

I don't think it would if there is no plan at the end of it. I'd love to see Cena rip The Rock to pieces next week, Rock turn up in a fotnight, Cena kick the fuck out him and the two of them square off at WM. If there is no plan to do anything other than a WM lovefest though, it's probably best that they keep Cena's focus on the stuff they have to sell.

As for Val Venis, he's not far wrong is he? Rock became a decent wrestler over the years but he was nowhere close to being the demi-god inside the ring that some would have you believe.

• Paid Members

Val Venis is an utter cunt. Even if he is just working the fans with a new internet gimmick of his or whatever, it's still rubbish that he even has to bother doing something like that with his time. As for Cena, I can't wait for the inevitable promo epicness betwixt him and my boy. Cena will definitely bring the goods as well, talking about how he's carried the company on his back since The Rock left and things of that nature.

The Rock's return was a magical moment. Nobody gives a fuck that the hype videos are for Undertaker, nobody gives a toss about Sting. The Rock came back! I was laughing with nostalgic delight the entire time, got a bit misty-eyed as well.

Everything else was pretty paint by numbers. Vickie and Cole were brilliant, Morrison took an impressive step forward in raising his game (I think so anyway), and there was competent but uninspired build-up to Sunday's pay-per-view. Smackdown seems bound to have a bait-and-switch this week as well, with Teddy Long returning to interrupt the title handover.

The Rock oozes charisma, as ever. Wonder who wrote the promo though, if anyone?

It would've been Gewirtz, who always wrote Rock's promos alongside him.

charisma vacuums The Miz

lol silly

It seems WWE are trying harder than ever to bring back some former fans (not that I'm complaining) - or its a strange coincidence:

HBK at the HOF

Taker returning to Raw (well so we expect)

HHH due back soon

Which former fans are these three bringing back? Michaels retired less than a year ago, Triple H went on hiatus in May, and Undertaker hasn't even been gone six months. They're hardly big returns from the attitude era.

(to a way lesser extent) Lawler wrestling in a bigger spot than usual i.e. not joke matches

Lawler hasn't wrestled in non-joke matches for decades, and never on a worldwide scale. I can't imagine his current placement on the card being a ploy to target the lucrative "granddads from Tennessee" market who remember him as anything other than a pervy clown. His current run is based on the goodwill from people who know him from years of Raw commentary.

Cena was ace on the mic when he first started out then pg kicked in and he had to tone done a lot of what he said.

Yes, everyone on the Internet loved Cena until summer 2008.

I hope John Cena responds by saying that 1999 called and that it wants its catchphrases back because I'm sure it'll leave the Rock dumbstruck.

I doubt it would leave Rock dumbstruck, but Cena definitely should respond along those lines if they're ever talking in a ring together. Fantastic idea.

I don't think the Rock's quality was the specific lines he said, it was all down to delivery. If Lex Luger was given the same script and performed it word by word would be Wrestlecrap quality. The Rock does it in his style and it's, well, electric.

So you are saying if The Rock came out and said the PG stuff like

I am going to layeth the Smackdown on all there poopy asses

Or to Michael Cole

No your role and please don't disturb my promo and take a seat.

The word "candy" and the term "shut your mouth" in no way contravene PG guidelines, you absolute dribbler.

John Cena responded to the Rock's comments on RAW via Twitter, wrting, "CeNation. Rock was in rare form tonight. It was great to see him enjoying himself out there. Even if it was at my expense. I've been Called alot worse. Just glad to see him back in action."

Thanks for pouring some cold water on all the ground work for a heated situation that Rock created last night Cena.....YOU COMPLETE CUNT.

What, like Val Venis did? Cena doesn't have to be some axe-grinding, "work the sheets" bellend to get people to talk about him. Anyone who's seen the criticisms Cena made of Rock in the press (which have been reposted in this thread, for fuck's sake, so there's no excuse for ignorance) can see that Cena's Twitter comment is bang-on accurate to what the "heat" between them is about. Rock's just done what Cena called him out to do for the last few years, so Cena can be smug and take the high ground all he wants.

WWE could pick any random guy and push him too the moon and make them their star

That's true, that's why Undertaker vs Vladimir Kozlov's Streak vs Streak match at WrestleMania 25 broke PPV box-office records. Imagine if the Kozlov mega-push had failed, they'd have been up shit creek for a match for Taker at Mania that year.

So that makes him a "tool" because he's earning a living? He's a worker. Wrestlings a work. Doesn't make him a dick.

No most certainly, his twitter rant makes him a tool. It reeked of bitterness and jelousy.

• Paid Members
Val Venis is an utter cunt.

Ah c'mon, the dude has to put food on the table. If it gets people talking about him one way or other, then good for him.

There's no way he's being serious and you can even tell by some of his expressions he's trying to build a character for himself.

If he is serious, then he's just going to wind up doing shoot interviews with Honky Tonk Man and New Jack for the next few years and then he really will be a cunt.

Archived