Raw Discussion 14/02/2011 *spoilers*

xear

what if.......

austin cuts a promo defending Cena from what Rock says, says cenas his boy and will be at mania to make sure rock doesnt stop cena winning. Miz and rock are pushed together, rock gets to play tweener towards Mania, so you get cena/miz with Austin & rock at Ringside. probably only way Miz can face cena and have any doubt on outcome. after match rock and austin throw hands, cena fu's them both

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Jesus you would think that Cena would at least make a fucking effort.

To do what? Cena isn't out making storylines on the internet. He's not Matt Hardy. If there's no plan for a Cena/Rock feud, there's no reason for him to get all angry. This will all end up with a matey back and forth at WrestleMania. Don't get too excited.

It would've been nice for him to play along though before leading to the inevitable handshake at Mania. I would've marked like fuck even though I'm not the biggest Cena fan.

Stop being such a bore, man.

I'm not being a bore, I'm just being realistic. John Cena has to sell WrestleMania as the #1 babyface in the company. So as much as they might build a little bit of tension with The Rock, they know that if Cena properly opposes The Rock, he's going to be a heel. So they'll keep Cena as the happy go lucky babface taking the higher ground.

Cena has managed to stir the pot on twitter before for other feuds so I just don't see why he didn't do it this time. What he said was so incredibly tame it came across like he was just brushing anything The Rock said off. If he'd have shown some balls and said something along the lines of "I'm glad the fans enjoyed The Rock's return but I'm going to have some choice words for him SOON" it would have been much better at building a certain level of excitement for the inevitable Cena/Rock face-off. He could have at least attempted to create some uncertainty about where they're going with it.

• Paid Members

To do what? Cena isn't out making storylines on the internet. He's not Matt Hardy. If there's no plan for a Cena/Rock feud, there's no reason for him to get all angry. This will all end up with a matey back and forth at WrestleMania. Don't get too excited.

It would've been nice for him to play along though before leading to the inevitable handshake at Mania. I would've marked like fuck even though I'm not the biggest Cena fan.

Also crawlingwest is clearly on the wind up. Either that or he still hasn't grown out of the early "shit on everything, I'm so smart" internet wrestling fan phase. There's a place for that kind of talk, it's called the RoH boards. Maybe Dexter will take you under his wing.

I am not a "Smart Fan" I have watched wrestling for 20 years i never really liked The Rock as a face and although i am interested to see what happens at Wrestlemania The Rock coming back is not the greatest thing ever. So i am so so sorry. I didn't well up, have a lump in throat, get goosebumps. Next time i will try to cater my emotions for everyones else's feeling and have no train of thought or personal input myself

Also who the fuck is Dexter. I have never seen a ROH match before in my life either.

• Paid Members
Cena has managed to stir the pot on twitter before for other feuds so I just don't see why he didn't do it this time. What he said was so incredibly tame it came across like he was just brushing anything The Rock said off. If he'd have shown some balls and said something along the lines of "I'm glad the fans enjoyed The Rock's return but I'm going to have some choice words for him SOON" it would have been much better at building a certain level of excitement for the inevitable Cena/Rock face-off. He could have at least attempted to create some uncertainty about where they're going with it.

Why? So everyone can get pissed off when it doesn't go anywhere? Rock can throw barbs arround, he was always the most arrogant babyface ever. John Cena isn't like that. It'd be totally out of the character for him to take offence to a couple of childish insults.

• Paid Members

Also crawlingwest is clearly on the wind up. Either that or he still hasn't grown out of the early "shit on everything, I'm so smart" internet wrestling fan phase. There's a place for that kind of talk, it's called the RoH boards. Maybe Dexter will take you under his wing.

I am not a "Smart Fan" I have watched wrestling for 20 years i never really liked The Rock as a face and although i am interested to see what happens at Wrestlemania The Rock coming back is not the greatest thing ever. So i am so so sorry. I didn't well up, have a lump in throat, get goosebumps. Next time i will try to cater my emotions for everyones else's feeling and have no train of thought or personal input myself

Also who the fuck is Dexter. I have never seen a ROH match before in my life either.

Good, you should do just that. It'd be far more of a contribution than your flawed, Buzz Killington logic.

No wind up. Overall stardom, The Rock wins hands down. I would never say outside WWE Cena is bigger inside it he is on The Rock's level. Does everyone remember Cena on Smackdown as a heel was amazing. If there was a bigger face and you turned Cena heel it would be gold but i cant see it happening he makes WWE to much money.

Also back on raw someone touched on it early about the Nexus they have turned to shit.

Well you cant be very good at maths then, because what you just said does not add up, Rock is a bigger star overall, but in WWE Cena is on the same level, makes no sense mate, The Rock can draw bigger than Cena because his overall fandom is just way bigger, all those kids watching The Rocks disney films who could give a fuck about wrestling, will see their hero and want to order WM.

If Cena was such a massive draw Vince wouldnt be going to every old guy he can find to make deals, would he now?

Hogan could have been facing a mop at WM3, it would have still sold the fuck out, because Hogan was huge, I know you didnt mention Hogan, Im just showing another example of when a guy is just bigger than the business, he brings you more money.

You bring up this he sells more shirts stuff etc, well aint rey mysterio WWE's 2nd biggest mech seller? does that make him a bigger or on the same level star, than HBK or Taker who dont sell as many shirts either, please.

I do remember Cena's SD! days and yes they were very goodtimes, but not on the Rocks level good, no chance.

Nexus have been dead to me after your man Cena destoryed them at summer slam, Im amazed they have still carried on with it.

Val Venis decided to bitch about The Rock:

(Child like voice)"ooooh gosh! The Rock is back. Oh oh oh...this is soooo cool" SHUT THE HELL UP YOU BUNCH OF MORONIC SIMPLETONS!

I am just as happy as anyone else the Rock is back. As long as he sticks to the mic, we are good. Cuz his wrestling ability is questionable.

Not hating on Rock. He is AWESOME on the mic. His charisma is unmatched. But lets be honest, Rock>Hardy & Venis>Rock! HONESTLY!

PLEASE! I have and would work circles around the Rock...before I have to put him over.

I have no idea why you people r so afraid of the truth. I just speak fact & logic and you Jizz Junkies get your panties all up in a bunch

Enough about the Rock already. The guy is great(on the mic) but come on Jizz Junkies, this is about exposing the Omega clan as talentless.

Listen, @TheRock is AWESOME on the mic! No question there. But Danielson would work circles around @TheRock! TRUTH, FACT & LOGIC!

Classy.

• Paid Members
Val Venis decided to bitch about The Rock:

(Child like voice)"ooooh gosh! The Rock is back. Oh oh oh...this is soooo cool" SHUT THE HELL UP YOU BUNCH OF MORONIC SIMPLETONS!

I am just as happy as anyone else the Rock is back. As long as he sticks to the mic, we are good. Cuz his wrestling ability is questionable.

Not hating on Rock. He is AWESOME on the mic. His charisma is unmatched. But lets be honest, Rock>Hardy & Venis>Rock! HONESTLY!

PLEASE! I have and would work circles around the Rock...before I have to put him over.

I have no idea why you people r so afraid of the truth. I just speak fact & logic and you Jizz Junkies get your panties all up in a bunch

Enough about the Rock already. The guy is great(on the mic) but come on Jizz Junkies, this is about exposing the Omega clan as talentless.

Listen, @TheRock is AWESOME on the mic! No question there. But Danielson would work circles around @TheRock! TRUTH, FACT & LOGIC!

Classy.

I'm sure whether val venis can work rings around him in the ring or not keeps him awake at night in his mansion, sleeping on a mattress made of money.

• Paid Members

Why? So everyone can get pissed off when it doesn't go anywhere? Rock can throw barbs arround, he was always the most arrogant babyface ever. John Cena isn't like that. It'd be totally out of the character for him to take offence to a couple of childish insults.

I'd hate to use the same Buzz Killington reference twice in one thread, rick, but you're making it difficult. WWE have the potential to work through the building animosity between the two and end with a handshake that doesn't make either man look weak. Fans wouldn't really be pissed off that it goes nowhere, most would be elated that two of the biggest names in wrestling have developed a grudging respect for one another (this never looks right when I write it down, off topic but can someone confirm it for me?).

In regards to it being out of character for Cena, he didn't have to post exactly what I said word for word you know? He could've done his usual shtick of saying something "hilarious" then going all SERIOUSBUSINESS and hinting at a Cena/Rock confrontation in the future. Instead what he said made him look like a little pussy-cat and The Rock seem an afterthought to him. In wrestling logic, if THE ROCK runs you down you stand up and take notice.

• Paid Members

Its Val's new gimmick of working the internet. He's the "workers worker" who bashes people because the people like them for something other than being a good worker. I'm sure he puts the Rock over in his shoot, so that post must be Val's take on "irony" or something. He comes across as a top bloke in his shoot interview.

Ok, for argument's sake, here's an experiment. Take the following names:

John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz, CM Punk, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Triple H, The Undertaker, Edge, Alberto Del Rio.

make a match worthy of being called 'Wrestlemania main event' out of those names.

Hell in a Cell Elimination Match

Edge, Punk, Barrett and Del Rio v Undertaker, Triple H, John Cena and Orton

Cena turns heel to secure a win for the heels, claiming "I just don't like you guys".

• Paid Members
Ok, for argument's sake, here's an experiment. Take the following names:

John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz, CM Punk, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Triple H, The Undertaker, Edge, Alberto Del Rio.

make a match worthy of being called 'Wrestlemania main event' out of those names.

Hell in a Cell Elimination Match

Edge, Punk, Barrett and Del Rio v Undertaker, Triple H, John Cena and Orton

Cena turns heel to secure a win for the heels, claiming "I just don't like you guys".

Or they could all compete in a Shotgun on a Pole match.

I'd buy it.

• Paid Members
I'd hate to use the same Buzz Killington reference twice in one thread, rick, but you're making it difficult.

It's fucking lame, use it all you want.

In regards to it being out of character for Cena, he didn't have to post exactly what I said word for word you know? He could've done his usual shtick of saying something "hilarious" then going all SERIOUSBUSINESS and hinting at a Cena/Rock confrontation in the future. Instead what he said made him look like a little pussy-cat and The Rock seem an afterthought to him. In wrestling logic, if THE ROCK runs you down you stand up and take notice.

John Cena goes all SERIOUS on heels who beat the shit out of him. He doesn't get all SERIOUS when someone makes a Barney the fucking dinosaur gag. And logic? Logic says John Cena's got elimination chamber in 6 days and The Miz in his sights. He doesn't need to worry about the Rock until WrestleMania.

I know everyone wants a little fantasy feud between Cena and The Rock, including me, but it ain't happening. Rock is building interest in Wrestlemania, Cena's got to carry two PPV's and 6 weeks of TV.

Archived