Raw Discussion 14/02/2011 *spoilers*

xear

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was gold obviously in every other department and played a great part in a load of great matches.

That's more than can be said of Venis though. For all he can "work rings around Rock" how many memorable matches has Val ever had in his life?

Just to be clear, I was agreeing that Rock wasn't what you'd call a great hand. I wasn't agreeing that Venis was any better. I've never got the love for Val.

Is there much love for Val? He's posting stuff on Twitter like "me n danielson wud b REAL wrestling" but I don't recall him ever being in that Danielson/Kaval/Strong/Richards etc fanwank category online. Is Venis completely going into business for himself, or are there people who have this opinion of him being some kind of workrate, five-star match in front of five people master? As far as I know, he's done a grand sum of fuck all apart from his WWE career. When he went to TNA, I recall the people who like the ROH stuff moaning that he was another dinosaur taking time away from Daniels and Amazing Red and so on.

Fair fucks to him anyway, he's got people talking about him in a thread devoted to The Rock's first in-ring appearance in seven years.

• Paid Members
Is there much love for Val? He's posting stuff on Twitter like "me n danielson wud b REAL wrestling" but I don't recall him ever being in that Danielson/Kaval/Strong/Richards etc fanwank category online.

He's in the Finlay/Regal category in terms of WWE. There's always plenty of love for Val on here. I think TheBigBoot is a fan but he knows nowt ;)

• Paid Members
Christ you're a grumpy fuck.

For having the opposite opinion? Silly boy.

All I'm saying is it would've been nice, and far better overall, if Cena had either acted a touch more hostile or just not said anything on his twitter at all.

I don't think it would if there is no plan at the end of it. I'd love to see Cena rip The Rock to pieces next week, Rock turn up in a fotnight, Cena kick the fuck out him and the two of them square off at WM. If there is no plan to do anything other than a WM lovefest though, it's probably best that they keep Cena's focus on the stuff they have to sell.

As for Val Venis, he's not far wrong is he? Rock became a decent wrestler over the years but he was nowhere close to being the demi-god inside the ring that some would have you believe.

I've never heard anyone say that The Rock was fantastic in the ring by the conventional work-rate standards but the guy has been involved in so many memorable matches and worked incredibly well especially with some of his limitations. However he could be absolute wank in the ring and he'd still be one of the most entertaining wrestlers on the planet, as I'm sure you'd agree. I'd understand someone saying The Rock was over-rated on the mic or something, although they'd need to do some good defending of their opinion, but in-ring I'd say he was rated fairly. Not great but didn't need to be.

Grumpy for your incredibly pessimistic attitude in general, I was referring to. Having a different opinion just makes you wrong. ;)

Is there much love for Val? He's posting stuff on Twitter like "me n danielson wud b REAL wrestling" but I don't recall him ever being in that Danielson/Kaval/Strong/Richards etc fanwank category online.

He's in the Finlay/Regal category in terms of WWE. There's always plenty of love for Val on here.

I know there's a lot of people on here that like him, but there's a fanbase on here for pretty much every never-was from the attitude era. Big Sean's not generally in that "Internet god" category is he, to the point where there are loads of people on various messageboards slavering for a Venis vs Daniel Bryan match? I know Regal supposedly had some good "workrate" matches in WCW and at a Pillman show, and played an entertaining character in WWE for about eight years. But Val Venis? What matches of his do people even point to to support a claim of him being brilliant?

• Paid Members
I'm loving the fact that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has returned; however, I'm not liking the fact that all over WWE.com he is referred to as only Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Even after he comes 'home' it seems that he wants to keep his actor self seperated from hos wrestler self.

Bollocks. He's more famous for being known as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson these days. It makes sense to exploit his bigger film career.

In my fantasy world, I'd love to see two things:

1) The Rock Vs John Cena

2) For the WWE to use that match to pull the trigger on the John Cena heel turn.

For what it's worth, I loved the return of The Rock and it guaranteed I'm buying Mania now because I'm such a fucking sad fanboy of the Great One. I also thought it was a good touch when he blatantly seperated himself as Dwayne and then went back into character during that segment.

I do have one question as well, is that one of the biggest pops over recent years? It certainly sounded it from the videos I've seen.

That was amazing. Just amazing. I remember seeing The Rock cut a pre match promo on HHH years ago and thinking, "he just totally destroyed him on the microphone. He didn't lay a finger on him, didnt even enter the ring." Last night he did the exact same thing after a SEVEN YEAR GAP without missing a beat! He is special. The perfect mix of comedy and seriousness with perfect timing and a sense of speaking for the people. He is the absolute best talker to ever grace a wrestling ring and nobody else is even close.

• Paid Members

I remember him saying that he'd be "back for good" before Summerslam 2002. Didn't exactly happen like that, did it?

Hyped about The Rock coming back though. If he is legit coming back for good, I'd bet on him doing a "Hogan at Wrestlemania 9" and walking away with the title.

so far in regal's wwe stint

he's drank piss

he's busted his nose countless times

he's been besmirched

he's kissed a bare arse with chapstick

he's got his cock out

and now he kisses a guy

take a bow mr regal

• Paid Members

My favourite thing about the promo was just the quite simple fact that John Cena has been trying to do that exact style of promo since he lost the rapping gimmick if not before. Personally for me he has never achieved the level that Rocky can hit so consistently, he's never made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, not like The Rock has.

• Paid Members

Miz vs Bry was excellent, it must be said. Best "tv" match I've seen for a while. Enjoyed it more than the JoMo match because it had fewer short cuts and more wrasslin, and it was good to see Miz get a clean win over his (relatively) long-term enemy.

Archived