Raw Discussion 14/02/2011 *spoilers*

xear

John Cena responded to the Rock's comments on RAW via Twitter, wrting, "CeNation. Rock was in rare form tonight. It was great to see him enjoying himself out there. Even if it was at my expense. I've been Called alot worse. Just glad to see him back in action."

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Happy as a bloody sandboy. My all time favourite wrestler returning with fucking ace new music and looking like he'd never even been away. I was going absolutely mental watching it and even jumped up and down and the bed! I don't give a fuck what anyone says, he's the fucking business and I absolutely love the bloke.

...For a horrible second though, I thought Lady Gaga was the host :sneaky:

The Rock will be good for Wrestlemania but he will not stick around and Cena does not need him either Cena has probably at this stage shifted more shirts than The Rock.

Cena is as big of a star as Austin and The Rock money wise some of you might not like him 90% of you hated Triple H now you are drooling over Triple H vs Taker at Wrestlemania why

nostalgia

Cena's been pushed as the face of the WWE for more years now than The Rock spent as a full-time wrestler. If he hadn't sold more shirts, I'd want to know why. Although to be fair, they made Rock shirts in a range of sizes, not just 'small child' and 'fat virgin'. Don't know what effect that will have had on the overall figures, though.

Seriously though, if simple nostalgia is the only reason why anyone cares about people like The Rock, why does Vince turn to them to pull Wrestlemania out of the shitter every year? If Cena really was as big a star as Rock or Austin in their heyday, you'd think his headlining alone would be enough to sell the biggest show of the year, no?

John Cena responded to the Rock's comments on RAW via Twitter, wrting, "CeNation. Rock was in rare form tonight. It was great to see him enjoying himself out there. Even if it was at my expense. I've been Called alot worse. Just glad to see him back in action."

Thanks for pouring some cold water on all the ground work for a heated situation that Rock created last night Cena.....YOU COMPLETE CUNT.

• Paid Members
Cena is as big of a star as Austin and The Rock money wise some of you might not like him 90% of you hated Triple H now you are drooling over Triple H vs Taker at Wrestlemania why

nostalgia

Bollocks. Bringing back Roddy Piper is nostalgia. Bringing back Triple H, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin and the Rock (all who are superior on the microphone and bigger stars than most of the roster) isnt nostalgia. Its because they will draw a bigger buyrate than without them on the card. Nostalgia is bringing back characters past their prime based on the fact the only thing they have left to offer is a teary eyed reminder of what they once were. When you return to a promotion after 7 years, are a bigger name globally than anyone on the roster and 10 times the performer on the mic and look like you've never aged in the last decade, are you fuck a nostalgia act.

• Paid Members
The Rock will be good for Wrestlemania but he will not stick around and Cena does not need him either Cena has probably at this stage shifted more shirts than The Rock.

nostalgia

Cena's been pushed as the face of the WWE for more years now than The Rock spent as a full-time wrestler. If he hadn't sold more shirts, I'd want to know why. Although to be fair, they made Rock shirts in a range of sizes, not just 'small child' and 'fat virgin'. Don't know what effect that will have had on the overall figures, though.

Seriously though, if simple nostalgia is the only reason why anyone cares about people like The Rock, why does Vince turn to them to pull Wrestlemania out of the shitter every year? If Cena really was as big a star as Rock or Austin in their heyday, you'd think his headlining alone would be enough to sell the biggest show of the year, no?

It is enough. How many times has Cena headlined Wrestlemania in the last 5 years? How many buys has Wrestlemania got in the last five years? How many times has The Rock been at Wrestlemaina in the last 5 years 0

The Rock wrestled roughly 7 years maybe more maybe less. Cena has been on top for 6-7 years two of those year in a global recession and he has still probably sold more shirts. He has still sold PPV's because people want to see him. He has surpised people over and over by delivering quality matches.

He is on Par with The Rock. The Rock coming back has not in my opinuion dragged Wrestlemania out of the gutter.

You don't even know the matches for Wrestlemania yet and everyone is saying it is going to be shit.

Cena vs Miz *not confirmed"

C.M Punk vs Boreton * Not Confirmed*

Edge vs Alberto Del Rio Well you get the point. He can't be coming back to save a show that has not been made yet. Thats like the Americans thinking WW2 started in 1945 retarded.

The Rock is going to make Raw, Smackdown, Wrestlemania interesting for next 6 weeks. I would have still brought Wrestlemania if he was on it or not. I buy all the PPV's i love the WWE product and one guy wouldn't determine it for me.

Also am i the only one thinks The Rock was not good enough to polish Austins boots. Now Austin he is the fucking man.

• Paid Members
Jesus you would think that Cena would at least make a fucking effort.

To do what? Cena isn't out making storylines on the internet. He's not Matt Hardy. If there's no plan for a Cena/Rock feud, there's no reason for him to get all angry. This will all end up with a matey back and forth at WrestleMania. Don't get too excited.

crawlingwest must be on the wind up if he thinks Cena is a bigger star than the Rock and by star I dont just mean wrestling, I mean crossover megastar, wtf would Cena do without WWE? he has a massive machine behind him in WWE, of course he's massive, why you think the real hollywood has never called Cena? all he does is those shit WWE films Magnum mentioned already.

WWE could pick any random guy and push him too the moon and make them their star, but a star in their own right, not many of those in WWE anymore, if any at all, Brock Lesnar was the last, he didnt need WWE to be famous either and is even bigger than when he was there, hence Vince wanting him back to draw numbers, I guess that must have been for nostalgia too.

• Paid Members
crawlingwest must be on the wind up if he thinks Cena is a bigger star than the Rock and by star I dont just mean wrestling, I mean crossover megastar, wtf would Cena do without WWE? he has a massive machine behind him in WWE, of course he's massive, why you think the real hollywood has never called Cena? all he does is those shit WWE films Magnum mentioned already.

WWE could pick any random guy and push him too the moon and make them their star, but a star in their own right, not many of those in WWE anymore, if any at all, Brock Lesnar was the last, he didnt need WWE to be famous either and is even bigger than when he was there, hence Vince wanting him back to draw numbers, I guess that must have been for nostalgia too.

No wind up. Overall stardom, The Rock wins hands down. I would never say outside WWE Cena is bigger inside it he is on The Rock's level. Does everyone remember Cena on Smackdown as a heel was amazing. If there was a bigger face and you turned Cena heel it would be gold but i cant see it happening he makes WWE to much money.

Also back on raw someone touched on it early about the Nexus they have turned to shit.

• Paid Members

To do what? Cena isn't out making storylines on the internet. He's not Matt Hardy. If there's no plan for a Cena/Rock feud, there's no reason for him to get all angry. This will all end up with a matey back and forth at WrestleMania. Don't get too excited.

It would've been nice for him to play along though before leading to the inevitable handshake at Mania. I would've marked like fuck even though I'm not the biggest Cena fan.

Stop being such a bore, man.

Also crawlingwest is clearly on the wind up. Either that or he still hasn't grown out of the early "shit on everything, I'm so smart" internet wrestling fan phase. There's a place for that kind of talk, it's called the RoH boards. Maybe Dexter will take you under his wing.

• Paid Members

Exactly. How many people follow Cena on twitter?! A fraction that watch Raw. The key is his promo next week, hopefully they explain the heat.

I have a sad feeling this all leads to Cena and The Rock shaking hands at 'Mania. The Rock said he's not wrestling again.

• Paid Members

It would've been nice for him to play along though before leading to the inevitable handshake at Mania. I would've marked like fuck even though I'm not the biggest Cena fan.

Stop being such a bore, man.

I'm not being a bore, I'm just being realistic. John Cena has to sell WrestleMania as the #1 babyface in the company. So as much as they might build a little bit of tension with The Rock, they know that if Cena properly opposes The Rock, he's going to be a heel. So they'll keep Cena as the happy go lucky babface taking the higher ground.

• Paid Members

I get the feeling that WWE wants me to watch their TV program again.

Diesel at rumble

Booker at rumble

The Rock appearing and claiming he's back for good

Random Promo vids that are gaining lots of internet speculation about a HHH/HBK - Taker/Sting return/debut

Austin's bound to show up due to tough enough.

Yeah, im sure they want me to tune in again

You don't even know the matches for Wrestlemania yet and everyone is saying it is going to be shit.

Cena vs Miz *not confirmed"

C.M Punk vs Boreton * Not Confirmed*

Edge vs Alberto Del Rio Well you get the point. He can't be coming back to save a show that has not been made yet. Thats like the Americans thinking WW2 started in 1945 retarded.

The Rock is going to make Raw, Smackdown, Wrestlemania interesting for next 6 weeks. I would have still brought Wrestlemania if he was on it or not. I buy all the PPV's i love the WWE product and one guy wouldn't determine it for me.

Also am i the only one thinks The Rock was not good enough to polish Austins boots. Now Austin he is the fucking man.

Ok, for argument's sake, here's an experiment. Take the following names:

John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz, CM Punk, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Triple H, The Undertaker, Edge, Alberto Del Rio.

These are the WWE's top names right now. Without bringing back a name from the past, and bearing in mind the participants' current, not potential, star quality, make a match worthy of being called 'Wrestlemania main event' out of those names.

There's only one, we all know what it is, and we all know it's not happening this year. This is why people were saying Wrestlemania looked shit this year. Take away the potential returning stars, and there's nothing there to separate it from any other bog standard WWE PPV.

Btw, for all Cena has been pushed as the face of the WWE for 7 years, he's been in the Wrestlemania main event (the last match, none of this 'triple main event' bullshit) twice, and on both of those occasions he's been wrestling people who were already stars before he came into the business.

Archived