Raw Discussion 14/02/2011 *spoilers*

xear

That was immense! I'm so glad I decided to stay up to watch tonight's Raw live, the whole PG thing seemed to go down the drain during the last 20 minutes no matter how hard they tried to beep out certain words, really shows how things have changed in the past few years! Amazing, some fans got into wrestling because of Hogan, some because of Bret and others because of Austin but it was great to see the guy who was the reason I started watching and became a fan of wrestling make his return, I just hope he does stay now as he said he would but I'm not too sure if he will really. Also a Cena heel turn, I'd love that! Can't see some of the really young fans who have only just got into wrestling and who weren't around for the attitude era turning on Cena now though.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Either they're kissing PG goodbye or someone popped a few blood vessels backstage with that one.

The Rock looks and sounds great, hard to think it's been seven years. But does this mark a Cena heel turn?

No No No No No, Cena won't turn heel. I bet ANYTHING that come the end of Wrestlemania, The Rock and Cena will be holding hands in the middle of the ring.

It's a clever ploy to get Cena haters to order the PPV, expecting to see the Rock rough him up.

Awesome, awesome stuff. Seeing Rock go on the mic reminds me how poor WWE has become over the years since he left, after Michaels went there wasn't much point bothering with WWE anymore, hopefully its not just a Mania deal.

When Rock says he's 'never ever going away' I imagine he just means he's got a renewed interest in doing the odd surprise appearance. Would be nice if he caught the bug again though and maybe agreed to a Cena match at a WM or Summerslam.

In February 2008 ..... John Cena Blasts The Rock - TheSun.co.uk

WRESTLING superstar John Cena has blasted former WWE champion The Rock for turning his back on the business.

Cena, who has managed to combine acting and grappling, feels that Rocky has betrayed his fans by concentrating solely on Hollywood.

Rock will make a one-off appearance at this year's WWE Hall Of Fame ceremony to induct his dad and granddad, but John told us: "He is a genuinely nice guy and a fantastic human being.

"What I kind of get peeved about, and this is my Achilles heel, is that I've wanted to do this my whole life.

"Rock falls into that category. At one point he loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life.

"So explain to me why he can't come back for our 15th anniversary show or why he can't make an appearance at WrestleMania. I wish he'd just show up, say hi and leave. Do the eyebrow once and get out of town.

"Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that, because he's truly found another passion. He's good at acting. His films make money."

"Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career. I get it.

"Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this.

"That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off.

"Our fan base have so much admiration for him, he's got to respect that. He doesn't give anything back."

Another dig in 2009 when appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live

So there we have it. The basis for the heat. But Cena is in the right!

At the end of the day no one can bash The Rock for going to persue his dream of acting, its a dream that alot of people have, and he would of been stupid to turn that dream down.

This was never Cenas issue though. I don't particularly like Cena and Rock is in my top 3 of all time, I was welling up watching that tonight but I still think Cenas basic point has some weight.

Cena didnt criticise the rock for going and doing movies, he criticised him for going and doing movies, then claiming he still loved the business but not comign back for 7 years. That is simplifying it but there is something in it. Would make for a tremendous storyline if they went there, but sadly I think that Rock isn't wrestling at mania.

More interestingly, Rock goes on about not leaving and he's back.

Has he signed a new contract to tie him down to WWE again?

Thats the part that threw me ! I realise that the film work hasn't been as stellar as he wanted it to be but he's still got choices in movie terms. Maybe he'll work Raws and PPV's and do films for WWE ?? Very interesting statement from him thats for sure !!

The whole segment was just amazing and I watched it with a lump in my throat I have to be honest. Seeing him back in WWE was just unbelievable (even though I'd heard the rumours)

I suppose we'll see where this is heading more after Sunday, if Cena doesn't win the EC then we could be heading for Rock Vs Cena at Mania. If he does then maybe Rock can guest ref and we can have a slow long build up to Rock vs Cena at Mania next year ?

Disapointed that its Taker next week but maybe WWE are throwing us another curve ball by having Taker return and then having Sting appear ??

Great Raw though imho the matches were good (Miz vs Bryan was fantastic, Bryan for money in the bank ?) looking forward to a Rock and Cena confrontation next week :thumbsup:

Archived