Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Paid Members

I reckon this might be the last hurrah from Hunter. He's 41, has a pretty cushty executive job, and has a wifey and three little girls. If you watch the way he's allowed himself to be booked the last two years or so, he seems to be cured of his need to always been in main events, World Champion or chasing the title. He probably no longer cares about eclipsing Flair's record of title reigns (if that ever was a goal, to emulate his one-time idol) after the amount of respect he purportedly lost for Naitch since his spectacular un-retiring.

Guys a family man thus understandably shouldnt want - or given his current job, need - to tax himself with a road schedule or risk any further injury by having many more matches. A mate of mine reckons his heart may have gone out of performing a little now Shawn is gone, and I could understand that too.

Having said that, the small number of matches I reckon Trips will have left, given the respect that seems to run through the old guard - especially those like Hunter and Taker who were in the WWF pre-Attitude, and have seen it all, I fully expect them to butt heads one last time, and I actually expect one to have their last match in the company by wrestling the other.

Or Cena. Hey! They could turn Cena heel. But that would be dumb. Or would it? BLAH BLAH BLAH

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

I'll happily take HHH vs Taker for WM. That 5-10 minute spell they had together in the end of the Elimination Chamber a few years back was as good as any other full match that year. Definitely a WM main-event worthy match. I just hope the part about H's career being on the line isn't true.

• Paid Members

Surely, if they are going to run with HHH v Taker, with it being HHH's possible retirement, they couldn't just do 5 weeks build up could they? Even the Michaels/Taker re-match last year had several monthss of build up from the slammys onwards.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see HHH v Taker more than anything else that seems to be in the running for this year's Mania, but if they seriously wanted to do it right then HHH should have been back a month ago. But then I suppose they didn't want him to lose steam by the time Taker returned, and a double return the night after the chamber would be huge. It just seems like such a rush.

• Paid Members
Surely, if they are going to run with HHH v Taker, with it being HHH's possible retirement

Triple H's career on the line was just a suggestion earlier on in the thread. If they did go with HHH vs Undertaker, avenging Shawn Michaels would be enough of a storyline. Retirement would just be stupid because Trips isnt anywhere neasr retirement stage.

All we know from the Observer is that Sting isnt signed, Taker's programme with Barrett has been dropped and the new match involves Shawn Michaels somehow, but not wrestling.

Triple H might not have anything to do with it. But he looks like the most logical choice.

• Paid Members

Diesel threw his name into the hat on a recent interview, saying he wants to work with either Undertaker or Barrett at WrestleMania. I think there's about a 0.1% chance of Diesel wrestling the Undertaker, but stranger things have happened. He's not going to be happy that Taker retired Michaels. Maybe Triple H vs Undertaker, with Diesel involved in the storyline somehow. Shame Nash wasn't on TV last year. Would have been nice to see a final Diesel and HBK tag match together.

• Paid Members

Big Kev could easily be written into the angle if both HHH and HBK are going to be involved. I reckon Triple H vs Taker, with both HBK and Big Daddy Cool in Trip's corner would be pretty exciting. It would really stack the deck against Taker. Having said that, I'm not sure anything will make me actually entertain the idea that 'The Streak' will come to an end.

Edited by AmpedUp

I think given the gong at the end of the latest vignette, they'll be teasing it as 'Taker's return and it'll turn out to be Sting. And it will be the dullest thing that ever happened. Sting doesn't even work out regularly. He's in his 50's. And he hasn't had a good match in 10 years.

Sting is 51 years old and a needle hasnt touched his arse cheek since 1998. Last year he dislocated his shoulder and wrestled in a t-shirt for the first time in his career. Before his shoulder injury, he looked better than most of the WWE or TNA headliners. And Stings had more good matches in the last 5 years than he had throughout 1996-2001. Sting carried Abyss to a decent match in 2009. Fucking Abyss! And Sting is now one of the best promos in the business, which is something considering he always looked like he was reading off the back of JJ Dillons dinner jacket when he was in his pomp. You must not have watched him. Ever.

I have watched him. And the first part of your post confirms what I said. He's out of shape, past it and being honest he hasn't looked ANYWHERE near as good as the TNA/WWE talent since the early-to-mid-90's. And there is a difference between a 'decent' match for a second rate wrestling company and turning up to the WWE just to milk even more out of a career that should have ended with WCW.

• Paid Members
I have watched him. And the first part of your post confirms what I said. He's out of shape, past it and being honest he hasn't looked ANYWHERE near as good as the TNA/WWE talent since the early-to-mid-90's.

He was out of shape due to a shoulder injury. Which happens to most wrestlers, because you cant work out. And because there is less demand for needing a superstar look in TNA's main events, he just slapped a shirt on. Now he's not wrestled since October, he could easily (being a former career bodybuilder) get himself back in top shape like he did in 2006 when he was wrestling without a shirt and looked great doing it. Also, Sting sucked in the mid-to-late-90s, as far as match quality went. He never cared about his appearance or the quality of his matches. The reason he got buried in 1997 at Starrcade was because he turned up with no physique, had to wear a big jump suit and had pasty skin. Sting was never a top worker anyway. He had good matches with good wrestlers, like he did in 2010. His ringstyle and quality of his matches havent changed since the early 90s.

And there is a difference between a 'decent' match for a second rate wrestling company and turning up to the WWE just to milk even more out of a career that should have ended with WCW.

There isnt really though. A match is a match, whether its Kane vs Undertaker stinking up main events throughout 2010 in big arenas or the Impact Zone. As a matter of fact, due to the novelty of Sting being in WWE and the atmospher of WrestleMania and the massive crowd, he'd probably have more shortcuts to take with the amount of room to work the crowd and squeeze life out of a match than there is infront of 900 people in Orlando.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members

Maybe they will do a Kliq VS BSK match at Mania- HHH, Diesel & HBK (in some capacity) on one side with Taker leading his team. Mark Canterbury's son is under development, so you could have both of them on the new 'father & son' series of NXT to bring him back onto the screens. Then the team can be complete with a fantastic surprise partner- BSK member and also the greatest surprise partner of all-time- Savio Vega. This=money.

Or not.

It wont be HBK, it simply doesn't fit him. Unless they explain it in a way which ties him into ANOTHER HBK V Taker match. But I very much doubt it.

As for Sting, yes he probably has been phoning it in at TNA for years, thats because it's TNA. This will be WrestleMania, if he is signed up for the show you bet your life he is already working his ass into shape.

Not read through but id be amazed if no one has thrown HBKs name into the mix for these vignettes.

My thought exactly - the only reason I never posted this was due to the fact I didn't have time to trawl back through this thread to see'f it had already been mentioned.

I think there's as much chance of seeing it being HBK as it would be for a lot of other names mentioned - it's not like he was given a huge Flair-level send-off anyway.

It's the same Johnny Cash track that was played during the hype for their feud last year isn't it? Plus it was at the Elimination Chamber last year when HBK super-kicked The Phenom (not you, Dill).