Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

Stolen from a wrestling website

With all the rampant speculation behind the 2-21-11 promos, many people had high hopes for a possible Sting debut in the WWE. With the most recent promo, many people's hopes for a Sting debut have been dashed as we all clearly saw the Undertaker's image.

Some still feel that there are two people in the promo and one of them could easily be Sting. While this has some validity, I feel as though people are not looking close enough. In fact, I think we should go back to the appearance of the "Undertaker."

If you look closely at the closeup of the Undertaker, you can see that the person in that video has a blond mustache. As we all know, the Undertaker does not have that type of facial hair.

Compare the pectorals and jawline of the mysterious person and you can clearly conclude that the man in the promo is not the Undertaker. So, who do I think is the man disguised as the Undertaker? None other than The Game, Triple H.

There have been multiple reports that Triple H's return is imminent and a potential WrestleMania 17 rematch has been set up between the Undertaker and Triple H. So how does this relate to the 2-21-11 promo?

I feel as though Triple H is playing mind games with the Undertaker and trying to draw him out. We all know from his DX days that he is not afraid to play with other wrestlers and trying to play mind games with the Undertaker seems to be the only way to gain an advantage.

I mentioned earlier that there are supposedly two people in that promo. While some may believe it to be Sting, I firmly believe that the man in the black trench coat is none other than Triple H's friend and former DX member Shawn Michaels.

We all know the story behind the HBK-Undertaker feud, so there is no need to repeat it here. I also think the Johnny Cash song perfectly fits into this scenario, as it was the same song used in the HBK-'Taker WrestleMania promo last year.

So how does this all play out next Monday? Here is how I see it going down:

Undertaker's song goes off. The Undertaker walks down to the ring with his head down and face not visible in the camera. Once he reaches the ring, the lights go on but the Undertaker's head is still down. Suddenly, he looks up and Shawn Michaels/HHH reveals himself to be the faux Undetaker.

A few minutes explaining why he has done this would commence, until the real Undertaker comes out and heads to the ring, ready to lay a beat down on the imposter.

However, before this happens, the other half of DX would make his return and help his DX ally lay out 'Taker. Suddenly, the anonymous GM chimes in and announces their identity to the WWE Universe.

You may have noticed a pair of female legs coming out of a limo tonight, seemingly indicating that we would have a female guest host for WrestleMania. I think those legs belong none other to Stephanie McMahon.

Stephanie would come to the ring and she makes a match between HHH and Undertaker, with HBK as the guest referee. This would present a serious threat to the Undertaker's winning streak and would present a logical storyline for both HHH and Undertaker's return.

What do you guys think? Does this sound like a good idea?

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2cpvqd1.jpg

This could be my eyes playing tricks on me, but that looks like a crow...

That looks more like an axe or some formation of the letter "T". Anyway, if it were the Stinger, it would be a Scorpion.

I see what you mean on the picture but on the actual video with the lights flashing it is slightly clearer and it definitely looks like some kind of bird, to me at least.

But yeah, I might be seeing things that aren't there like someone else said, but that's all part of the fun. I'm really excited to see who it is, whether it be D-X, Taker, Taker & Sting or whoever. I was the same with Jericho's, I just love this kinda thing.

• Paid Members
I'm not one for these freezing videos every nano second but that really looks like HHH/HBK on that screencap on the last page, but then it looks like Taker's body so he might have let his true ginger beard grow

You can kind of tell by the chest that it's 'Taker though. Just seems silly to me to have a series of vignettes hyping a return after 4 or 5 months on the sidelines...

• Paid Members
Just seems silly to me to have a series of vignettes hyping a return after 4 or 5 months on the sidelines...

It's not silly, it's the reason The Undertaker is a superstar and plenty of others aren't. they've always paid this kind of attention to his character and it's helped keep it fresh all these years.

Just seems silly to me to have a series of vignettes hyping a return after 4 or 5 months on the sidelines...

I agree with you, but they have done it before when he has been away even shorter lengths of time.

The most frustrating in my opinion was his return at Royal Rumble 2003.

After last being seen losing the awesome Hell In A Cell match to Lesnar in October 2002, the videos began airing just two months later showing old clips of the old-school Undertaker.

As the American Badass character had pretty much run it's course by then, people were excited by the thought of the Deadman gimmick returning.

But he came out on his motorbike as the American Badass and nearly blew the finish of the Rumble. :bored:

Jesus. This thread has gone like a Lost discussion, with all the freeze-framing and reading way too much into stuff that isn't really there. And look how Lost turned out. Everyone except absolute morons were disappointed by that show in the end. Anyone expecting anything other than Undertaker will almost certainly be disappointed next week as well.

The more I watch it, the more the face looks like SHawn Michaels to me

ut.jpg

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but that's the Undertaker.

I think it's getting a bit silly now. Everybodys going completely overboard, seeing things/people that arent even there. It's like whe Jericho came back and people were disecting all the numbers and coming up with dates that mean Billy Gunn was coming back, and all this bollocks.

It's The Undertaker. Simple as that.

Glad somebody said it. I can't believe some of these huge paragraphs getting knocked out about how it still might not be Taker. He walks past the fucking window and is then stood at it! Christ.

I'd just like to point out that I do think it is The Undertaker, but my theory is he's not alone.

Taker is show in the house dry... looking out the window seemingly. Then a figure who is wet outside walks TOWARDS the house.

WWE's production team is amazing, so I don't think it's lazy editing. I think it implies someone is visiting Taker or whatever. I dunno.

Point is, I can't wait until Monday so these videos have worked.

Edited by BenPhoenix

• Paid Members

What tickles me is when these pause-every-nano-second types post their "findings" and post them on YouTube. One I saw earlier today was titled, "PROOF the 2-21-2011 videos is the debut of Sting" then had some convoluted calculations that made the numbers add up to 2 in one way or another. Erm, what?

• Paid Members
That looks like it could be either Undertaker, Shawn Michaels or Triple H's head, on either Undertaker or Triple H's body. Unless Shawn Michaels has shaved his chest. I think we are all going stark raving mad.

A Frankenstein's monster wrestler?

:confused:

• Paid Members
That looks like it could be either Undertaker, Shawn Michaels or Triple H's head, on either Undertaker or Triple H's body. Unless Shawn Michaels has shaved his chest. I think we are all going stark raving mad.

Jesus Dill, that might be the most sensible thing I've ever seen you post on here! It's fun to speculate, but this is getting silly now!