Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Paid Members
Also im not sure people have mentioned, these video's they have been showing for the past week have been very elaborate. This isn't some Jericho Save Us quality graphics, this is borderline big budget promo's. The question is whould they do this if it was simply just the Undertaker? I can count off the top of my head five or six "returns" Taker has made over the years and never have they been this elaborate with his return. Come to think of it they have never made a promo or vignette this eleborate for anyone ever!

Elaborate? Its some rain, a house, and a man walking? It's hardly Inception is it?

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elaborate? Its some rain, a house, and a man walking? It's hardly Inception is it?

Or IS IT?

Since the first Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker match at Wrestlemania, we've been in an elaborate dream where DX have teamed up to take out The Undertaker for good.

We all know HBK wouldn't really retire, nor would The Rock come back to WWE, or John Cena join Nexus, or even Santino Marella nearly win the Royal Rumble. There have been signs for many many months that something's not quite right.

Nexus and The Corre are clearly wary of this invasion of the subconscious. I mean after all, Daniel Bryan as the US Champ? The Miz as the WWE Champ?

2011 is nothing but a dream. Come the end of these promos, we'll be back in April 2009. Shawn and HHH may not have succeeded in ending the Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania, but they've ended his career for good.

He no longer exists in this world. He's bound to be stuck in purgatory forever. Paul Bearer is the Marion Cotillard to his Leonardo DiCaprio.

• Paid Members
Also im not sure people have mentioned, these video's they have been showing for the past week have been very elaborate. This isn't some Jericho Save Us quality graphics, this is borderline big budget promo's. The question is whould they do this if it was simply just the Undertaker? I can count off the top of my head five or six "returns" Taker has made over the years and never have they been this elaborate with his return. Come to think of it they have never made a promo or vignette this eleborate for anyone ever!

Because the Undertaker died and got buried alive and because he's returning on a different brand. And because WrestleMania is coming soon, and they think a few vignettes of the return of one of their biggest draws will get people tuning into his return next week to see what he has planned for his biggest match of the year. I dont get the fuss. If they were giving these vignettes to Ted DiBiase Jr. and a returning Virgil, I'd understand why people would be confused why they have such a big budget buildup. But Undertaker is the biggest character in history, the biggest attraction at WrestleMania for a good few years because of "The Streak" and last time we saw him we'd been lead to believe he'd lost his bottle, lost his unstoppableness and was buried alive gone forever (probably). They should have his return built up for WrestleMania.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members

These vignettes are no more elaborate than normal for The Undertaker. Remember the ones when he was returning at Judgment Day 2000? Where the 3 little girls were playing jump rope while singing some creepy song? Then when he was coming back in time for Mania 20 and he had a load of videos that were "The Ring" rip offs?

He pretty much always gets this kind of build up.

• Paid Members
Because the Undertaker died and got buried alive and because he's returning on a different brand. And because WrestleMania is coming soon, and they think a few vignettes of the return of one of their biggest draws will get people tuning into his return next week to see what he has planned for his biggest match of the year. I dont get the fuss. If they were giving these vignettes to Ted DiBiase Jr. and a returning Virgil, I'd understand why people would be confused why they have such a big budget buildup. But Undertaker is the biggest character in history, the biggest attraction at WrestleMania for a good few years because of "The Streak" and last time we saw him we'd been lead to believe he'd lost his bottle, lost his unstoppableness and was buried alive gone forever (probably). They should have his return built up for WrestleMania.

STOP WITH THE FUCKING LOGIC!!!

• Paid Members
These vignettes are no more elaborate than normal for The Undertaker. Remember the ones when he was returning at Judgment Day 2000? Where the 3 little girls were playing jump rope while singing some creepy song? Then when he was coming back in time for Mania 20 and he had a load of videos that were "The Ring" rip offs?

He pretty much always gets this kind of build up.

Undertaker even had a load of vignettes for Royal Rumble 2003, and he'd only been gone about 6 weeks. They built up the return of "The Deadman" with images of gothic characters and Undertaker digging graves. Then he turned up on his motobike with a nice suntan. If its heading into a major PPV, they'll build him up, no doubt.

• Paid Members

They were so sick and tired of everyone thinking otherwise that they fucking put Taker himself in the video, pretty much as clear as day, and people are still speculating? Jesus. I honestly believe that if the text, "IT'S THE UNDERTAKER, YOU PLEBS," had appeared in this week's video, people would still be attempting to re-arrange the letters to, "solve," the anagram.

Edited by Supremo

Undertaker is clearly inside of the house. Someone is coming into the house, and the candles go out as he approaches. I read that as that someone has come to try and end the streak. Undertaker is definitely coming back as a result of this, but I reckon that there may be someone else. Sting/Shawn Michaels perhaps.

• Paid Members
Undertaker is clearly inside of the house. Someone is coming into the house, and the candles go out as he approaches. I read that as that someone has come to try and end the streak. Undertaker is definitely coming back as a result of this, but I reckon that there may be someone else. Sting/Shawn Michaels perhaps.

Why would Undertaker have his coat on in the house? It would be soaking. Its pissing down outside.

Undertakers returning on Raw, doesnt mean he is going to stay on Raw. its the first show in the proper build to Mania, and they will want more people seeing it than watch smackdown these days, just as you get adr, dolph, vickie & edge most weeks on Raw.

Why would Undertaker have his coat on in the house? It would be soaking. Its pissing down outside.

I found that strange, but also a sign that there are two people. Taker inside is very dry.. then someone walks up to the cabin who's soaked.

If you watch the promos in this order 2, 3, 1... they make a lot more sense.

I don't think it's Triple H or HBK anyway, they don't have Taker's powers of teleportation :)

Edited by BenPhoenix

• Paid Members
They were so sick and tired of everyone thinking otherwise that they fucking put Taker himself in the video, pretty much as clear as day, and people are still speculating? Jesus. I honestly believe that if the text, "IT'S THE UNDERTAKER, YOU PLEBS," had appeared in this week's video, people would still be attempting to re-arrange the letters to, "solve," the anagram.

Of course people are still speculating. That's the point of the videos being vague. If they didn't want speculation, they'd put up a graphic saying "Undertaker returns next week". This way, even though most people are pretty sure it's The Undertaker, the speculation might make people tune in to see if it's quite that simple. Also the fact that it might not be just The Undertaker, if it is The Undertaker makes it more interesting. It's very clever.

Same as the "Save us" stuff. it was obvious from the first minute that it was Chris Jericho but they were deliberately vague to pique interest. Also, i doubt they went back and put Undertaker in the video. they will have been filmed at the same time, the first being non-commital, the last being almost obvious that it's Taker. I'm sure that was the plan all along. I doubt they thought "People think it's Sting, let's reshoot".

I don't think there's any doubt that it's The Undertaker but certainly he's not the only one in the video. They wouldn't add the air of mystery if it was just Taker coming back - there's definitely something else to the film. So the ONLY question anyone really needs to ask is - Who The Fuck Else Is It?! I think it's got to be:

HHH

HBK

Sting (I wish!)

I see it as taker is inside, someone is coming to get him. who that is is open to conjecture. one thing i gotta say is that WWE have suceeded in creating anticipation. It'll probably be dissapointing as f**k, but hey they'll get a bumper rating for it.

i am an unashamed Sting mark though and would literally cream my slacks if he appeared!