Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Paid Members
In the build up here, you could have HHH come back and do a similar thing, the turn at Wrestlemania being something of a catalyst for it. He can't beat Undertaker one on one so he doubts himself. He then uses his power connections with the McMahon's in order to try and claw his way back into the title scene for one last run. It's hardly the wrestler, and we've seen it done before, but I think a HHH heel run has got some mileage in it should they choose to do down such a direction.

Honestly, I was so fed up with Triple H being a heel before that I really don't think I ever want to see it again. Not only that, I've seen switches become more frequent over the past 10 or so years. I much prefer guys like Cena, who are one or the other and stick to it, that way if/when a turn comes it really is a big deal. Triple H spent so long as a heel and has turned on people so many times that I often expect it and wait for it, like with Shawn, I kept expecting a turn. I'm glad it never came.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read on a site that Hunter versus 'Taker is the plan going into Wrestlemania as of now, with Trips putting his career on the line a la HBK.

However, I'm sure that he has at least another six month run left in him so I'm skeptical as to whether he will do or not. A match between the two without the career-threatening stipulation would be brilliant and certainly something I'd like to see.

• Paid Members

If thats the plan as of now, I'd imagine thats the plan all together now. The Undertaker's storyline going into WrestleMania starts on Monday, so we will find out then. I hope Triple H is the man to take on the Undertaker. I've missed the both of them and a Taker vs HHH match would be great, I think.

If thats the plan as of now, I'd imagine thats the plan all together now. The Undertaker's storyline going into WrestleMania starts on Monday, so we will find out then. I hope Triple H is the man to take on the Undertaker. I've missed the both of them and a Taker vs HHH match would be great, I think.

Couldn't agree more with you here, pal.

I will mention that I read it on 24wrestling.com, which I find very reliable, for what that's worth.

It would be absolutely incredible, without a shadow of a doubt.

I'm adamant that the streak will never be ended and I hope it stays that way.

However, if it were to be ended, then it would have to be Hunter, Cena or a returning for one-more match, HBK. I personally wouldn't mind Barrett too much but that's debatable.

'Taker staying down for the pedigree would be one of the biggest moments in wrestling history.

Fuck retiring. I'd love to see him end the Streak. IMAGINE what the reaction to Triple H being the man to end the Undertaker's streak would be like! Meltzer, David Cameron and Sebb Blater would unite in their disgust. It would be crazy.

As funny as that would be, the streak will never end. And so it shouldn't. It's a huge part of 'Taker's gimmick and it will be his legacy. However, imagine the rub it would give one of the younger guys if they were the one to end it. D'you know what Fuck it. Going down the bookies and betting on Yoshi Tastsu to end it at next year's Mania. Choke on theat you fruit booties!

• Paid Members
HHH is miles better as a heel. In 2000 people were calling him one of the best heels ever.

But that was over a decade ago! Since then the heel Triple H, the turns, it's all become so over done..

However, I'm sure that he has at least another six month run left in him so I'm skeptical as to whether he will do or not. A match between the two without the career-threatening stipulation would be brilliant and certainly something I'd like to see.

You think Triple H has another 6 month run left? Have I missed something? When did he become about ready for the scrap heap?

Why does it need to be another Streak vs Career match? We've been without HHH for close to year, I'd like him to come back for a little more than six weeks. He's still got a couple of years left in him for me.

Definitely want to see Taker vs HHH though and have for a while. It would be the marquee match that this Mania needs and considering how long they've both been in the company, they've barely faced each other one on one. I can only remember two occasions, Wrestlemania 17 and KOTR 2002 and since the brand split began, they've barely even interacted.

Edited by AndyUK

• Paid Members
You think Triple H has another 6 month run left? Have I missed something? When did he become about ready for the scrap heap?

Exactly this. Apart from his quad tears, he's shown no signs of breaking down, and seems to be in pretty much decent health and fitness. I could understand if he'd actually said he'd rather retire, save his body and settle for a nice role in the office, but he's not exactly following the route Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin and The Undertaker have taken.

For all we know Trips is holding back for when guys have to leave through injury (how long have stalwarts of the main event like Taker, Big Show, Kane, and Edge got left - not too much longer surely).