Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Paid Members
HHH/Taker is a huge step up from Barrett/Taker & HHH/Sheamus, that's for sure.

Sure, but then what do you do with Sheamus & Wade? Having spent the past year building them up.....

That's just it though, isn't it? Their intentions may have been to build them up over the past year, but the methods by which they've done it have been so muddled and inconsistent that it hasn't worked at all. Between the results of the Summerslam and Survivor Series main events Barrett has lost a tonne of steam and as for Sheamus, he's pretty much been on a downward spiral since they day he put Triple H out of action. Neither guy is anywhere near as over now as they were last August, for example.

The same goes for The Miz. Everyone's talking about how this is some type of 'transitional' Wrestlemania and it'll do the new guys loads of good by having them face the more established main eventers, but that theory completely falls apart when you look at a guy like The Miz, who's arguably less over since he got the belt and started feuding with guys like Orton and Cena. Sure, he's placed further up the card and given more TV time, but I wouldn't say he has any more momentum or stature for it. I mean, remember when The Miz was cutting those promos on Cena in the summer of 2009? A match between the two of them was a million times more exciting back then than it is now, which is completely backwards since The Miz was a baggy-shorts-wearing comedy goof back then, whereas now he's supposed to be the serious WWE Champion in the midst of a monster push. That's the problem. For the first time in ages they actually seem to have a genuine desire to make new stars, but it's almost as if they've taken so long to come to that conclusion that they've forgotten how to do it.

Proper examples of building guys up for a year in order to get them ready for the following Wrestlemania would be what they did with The Rock between Mania 14 and Mania 15, Brock Lesnar between 18 and 19 and Eddie Guerrero between 19 and 20. What they've done with Barrett, Sheamus and The Miz isn't on par at all, so it's no surprise that they've suddenly panicked and gone with a back-up plan like Triple H vs. Taker. I'd love to be as excited about matches involving new guys, but the truth of the matter is that I'm not, those guys still come across as pseudo stars at best, and it's for that reason that I can definitely see them pushing the panic button in the upcoming weeks and going with Triple H vs. Taker, Streak vs. Career 2, with HBK as the ref. Realistcially, unless they get Sting or Goldberg (which they won't, let's be honest), that's about as good as they can do.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Triple H/Taker would do it for me. It's been a long time coming, it feels like a genuine main event, it could guarantee great build up and a great match.

HHH/Taker

Cena/Miz

Punk/Orton

Edge/Del Rio

I think that's a solid top of the card if they go that way.

That doesn't look Wrestlemania quality to me, and if that's what WWE has come up with as well, then they have serious problems or their hands. Having Triple H Vs Undertaker is stupid, becuase they both have to get revenge on the guys that put them out. That looks like the weakest Wrestlemania card since 2000, and I'd doubt many people will pay for what they see pretty much every week on Raw and Smackdown anyway (the other 3 matches).

The only match that is not going to interest me out of those four is Orton vs Punk. The build up will probably be good but Orton bores me to tears in the ring and trying to be Austin thing is just not working.

Cena vs Miz will be good after all Miz is the best Technical wrestler, Best Brawler, Best high flyer he has even said it himself. Really though no pun intended other wise i might be going for a short break. Cena vs Miz will be interesting and i hope Miz goes over to cement him as a champ. The WWE will probably want all the youngsters to go home happy though after Del Rio wins so Cena will probably go over.

Taker will be the mystery person coming back on raw after the chamber. The latest video says aint no grave can hold my body down. So who will he feud with he is coming back on Raw so not Wade. Maybe a triple threat match Miz vs Cena vs Taker. Maybe Wade wins at the Elimination Chamber and Taker comes back and gets in the title picture with Del Rio vs Wade vs Taker. Might not be his destiny then, Or Del Rio beats Taker.

People saying it will be HHH vs Taker. Is HHH actually coming back? He was meant to be at rumble well rumored not meant to be but is he ever going to come back. He doesn't need to come back. He is set up he doesn't need to wrestle again put his body on the line every night. I am really suprised they have not given Sheamus more rub from putting him out. He should use it in all his fueds i eneded the career of HHH i'll end your's sort of thing. I am sure he used it for a while but surely that has got a lost more legs in it. Randy Orton legend killer but Sheamus is the Game killer who took out HHH.

Hmm, so it seems The Undertaker/Triple H match is being considered as a Career vs. Streak match too. That would be gutting for me, in so much as it would mean Triple H is definently finishing his career. I assumed he'd come back and have a decent run for a bit, but to just come in for 6 weeks, lose at WrestleMania, and have to retire. Makes Triple H look a bit shit if that is the case. ''Oh im back....6 weeks late '' oh no im retired now, bye.''

• Paid Members
Have there actually been rumours about HHH/Taker or is it just speculation on here? I haven't seen any reports.

It was something that was mentioned last year i believe. Since then the Barrett/Sheamus stuff has popped up more than Triple Hs name, but any of those are 100% more likley than sting at this point.

It would be silly for Triple H to retire ever. If him and Stephanie are going to be running the company for the next 40 years or so, he could help out up until his 50s or so if the times are ever tough, and there isn't enough talent or something like during that hard period of mid 2007.

Edited by ThePhenom

• Paid Members
It would be silly for Triple H to retire ever. If him and Stephanie are going to be running the company for the next 40 years or so, he could help out up until his 50s or so if the times are ever tough, and there isn't enough talent or something like during that hard period of mid 2007.

He doesn't have to have a retirement match he dosn't have to come back. Sheamus took him out and he could end it all there if he wanted to. The WWE are putting over a lot of guys lately so he has no need to come back. If he came back and had a programme with Sheamus what would it achieve for him or Sheamus. It would likely end in HHH defeating Sheamus and then it would do nothing for Sheamus as it stands Sheamus has retired one of the greats. Whats the point in bringing back HHH just to destroy all the work WWE has done in building new stars. I know Sheamus has dropped off in the last 6 months but if HHH came back destroyed him then he would have nothing left.

I wouldn't mind if he came back and done a Shawn Michaels programme with Undertaker. Lose to him at Wrestlemania and then have a streak vs Career next year at Wrestlemania. But there is not enough time to build a match in this time. If Undertaker comes back on 21/2/11 HHH would not come back till the following week. He would then have to start something with Undertaker like you retired my good friend i am going to take your streak. This is not going to happen though. Undertaker coming back night after the elimination chamber means he is going to target someone and set the match from then. Taker is not just going to come out and say Hello everyone i am back, Wait till next week and there is a bigger suprise. On 21/2/2011 Taker is going to come out on Raw and take someone out. This will set up a match for Wrestlemania with plently of time. The thing is though Undertaker vs anyone at Wrestlemania is not going to yield any surprises is it? He is going to beat anyone he faces. I did think for a small amount of time in the first Shawn Michaels match at Wrestlemania Taker was going to lose but that was the only time. He is never going to be beaten at Wrestlemania if Shawn didn't do it who is?

Are we seriously talking about HHH not coming back? Don't be daft, of course he is. He's practically the WWE's biggest star, he's still relatively young and healthy and most importantly he still loves wrestling.

Soruce Wrestlezone.com

After speaking with several sources, I can now confirm the plans for The Undertaker at WrestleMania 27 in Atlanta.

The plan is for it to be The Undertaker versus Triple H. The match will be billed with the stipulation of

It would seem, if nothing else, that Trips is going to be back in time for 'Mania. He's on the front of the new WWE mag smashing a WM sign with a sub-heading to the effect of 'HHH returns to smash wrestlemania'...

...I'd be mortified if Trips was to retire, but it'd make sense consider how many noises have been coming out about him loving pulling the strings from behind the cameras.

Taker Vs Triple H is a lot more exciting then the rumoured Taker Vs Barrett or Triple H Vs Sheamus matches. Wrestlemania needs a marquee match and this unless Sting signs seems to most obvious choice. I loved the build up to their match at Wrestlemania 17 and if it happens, hopefully they can top it. I would have prefered Taker Vs Cena but Cena looks odds on to face Miz for the WWE Championship, maybe next year when the streak could possibly hit a double decade it could be made.